Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boston Herald: Albert Haynesworth released. (now picked up by Bucs--article @ post #81) MET

'Skins_&_'Stons

They lost Gerald McCoy to a torn bicep last week. They needed an immediate starter and I guess he was the only thing left.

Yeah.

Once he cleared waivers, and would've been available for pennies, I think that a lot of teams would've gone after him, which is why they jumped on it. They are going to realize that they made a huge mistake though. It's a shame that it has to take a guy being an absolute non-factor at two different places, and people still think he has something left.

Yeah.

Once he cleared waivers, and would've been available for pennies, I think that a lot of teams would've gone after him, which is why they jumped on it. They are going to realize that they made a huge mistake though. It's a shame that it has to take a guy being an absolute non-factor at two different places, and people still think he has something left.

God bless America ;)

Yeah.

What huge mistake? If he doesn't work out, they can just cut him with almost zero cap-related consequences. Claiming Haynesworth was a pretty low risk move for Tampa Bay.

When I say "huge mistake," I mean "Huge mistake in thinking they can get anything out of him."

When I watched him in the Giants game I could not believe how big he has gotten, he is seriously fat now and his mobility is limited. Take a look at him with the Bucs and you tell me he is not bigger-fatter since he left the Skins.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011recap.php

Patriots acquire DE/DT Albert Haynesworth from Redskins for 2013 5th-rounder

What a great trade for the Patriots. They needed help on the defensive line, and they were able to land a Pro Bowl-caliber player for almost nothing. Sure, Haynesworth is less effective in the 3-4, but he can still perform on a very high level if motivated - and I'm sure he'll be motivated in New England.

:ols:

At this point any team that takes Albert Haynesworth on their roster while claiming it's a "low-risk" move is obviously not too concerned with keeping a quality roster. I respect how far the Bucs have come in the last few years but I am stunned that they can't find a more productive (or productive-minded at least) player at the price. Potential is no longer a word that can be used for AH, which in itself is a stunning concept. SMH.

"I'm an older guy and I think they brought me in here to play hard and also to teach some of the younger guys how to play," Haynesworth said.

I laughed so hard, I peed myself a little...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7216718/albert-haynesworth-excited-4-3-d-tampa-bay-buccaneers

The Bucs did save a bunch of money though......

By switching to Geico. geico-caveman.jpg

Archived