Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boston Herald: Albert Haynesworth released. (now picked up by Bucs--article @ post #81) MET

'Skins_&_'Stons

SO WHAT.

You can't possibly be worried about that.

You'd be surprised how many Skins fans fear Haynesworth. They talk about him like he is some Urban legend. That he would play for another team and single handedly destroy the Skins. I always found that very funny and I never understood why they thought he was so good. Especially when he never showed that level of skill while he played in Washington.

Bottom line, Albert Haynesworth was an immensely talented football player who really didn't care much about football. That's the tragedy of it all.

I agree - it's a tragedy that a guy with Hall-of-Fame level talent decided to squander it and become the unmotivated, under-achieving bum that he is today. Truly a waste of talent - it's just sad.

Ahhh, memories:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8210b348/article/haynesworth-is-exactly-what-patriots-defense-needs

New England is the perfect environment for Albert Haynesworth. I love this acquisition by Bill Belichick and the Patriots.

Is Haynesworth difficult? Without question. But surround him with the right teammates, like the strong leaders in the Patriots locker room, and he will comply. Like most players, Haynesworth needs to be led, he needs to be coached and he needs to be put in the best possible position to succeed. And this is what New England does better than any other organization in the league.

Great call Michael Lombardi!!

I was commenting on Sunday, it's no wonder Eli is not feeling much pressure. Andre Carter AND Albert Haynesworth?! What happened to the great decisions by New England? We've probably got some more rubbish on our roster to evacuate next year, Pats... keep your eyes peeled!

Yes.

Anyone think he'll get picked up?

If his old coach liked him as much as people have said then he will go to Detroit quickly. We'll see.

---------- Post added November-8th-2011 at 02:45 PM ----------

I remember myself and others being accused of having an “anti-Albert agenda” around here. The lengths some people went to to defend this guy…

I remember 90% of the board saying that it was a great FA pickup, regardless of the ginormous contract going to a guy who sits out his only chance in his career to play in a playoff game.

I remember 90% of the board saying that it was a great FA pickup, regardless of the ginormous contract going to a guy who sits out his only chance in his career to play in a playoff game.

I'm talking about after he begame a pain in the butt and got into Shanny's doghouse. If you criticized Albert it meant you had an "agenda" against Albert or an axe to grind with him.

What a turd he turned out to be. Seriously. I hope he's broke in 5 years. That would please me to no end.

I think that's a certainty.

Haynesworth has two possible stops left before he's finished. Let's see whether Detroit or Philly get him first, and I hope they're both greatly disappointed in him as the Redskins and Patriots were.

I think that's a certainty.

Haynesworth has two possible stops left before he's finished. Let's see whether Detroit or Philly get him first, and I hope they're both greatly disappointed in him as the Redskins and Patriots were.

He went unclaimed

Detroit didn't trade for him even when he was on the block and available for cheap. That means Schwartz probably didn't want him to **** up Suh and knew of his bull****.

Once he clears waivers, someone will pick him up, no question about it. Most likely a 4-3 team like Detroit or Philly, in a limited role. It's pretty obvious though that he doesn't care much about football, so I'm sure he'll do nothing at his next destination, and be out of the NFL at the end of the season, though it would not shock me at all if he went somewhere and lit it up.

Either way, he will now officially go down is the biggest Free Agent bust in the history of the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7211800/new-england-patriots-bill-belichick-albert-haynesworth-tried-make-work

"I'll just say this on the Albert situation: I thought that both he and myself -- speaking for the (coaching) staff -- we really tried to make it work," Belichick said. "He had a few physical limitations to overcome when he got here, but I thought he really tried to do what we asked him to do. We tried to work with him. In the end, it just didn't work out. I think the best thing we could do was just move on."

You don't say Bill, may be the conditioning test wasn't all shanahan.

Archived