Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm fully convinced that play calling on offense is not the problem....

authentic

i agree with all of this, which makes you a genius :)

is that true, that beck didnt throw a pass more than 20 yards? sheesh.

I think we had 2 attempts over 10 yards. I honestly dont recall the ball traveled over 15 yards the whole game. That isnt gameplanning that is all on Beck. This the one thing I miss about McNabb. McNabb ALWAYS looked for the downfield throw.

WOW! What a difference three games of horrible play by John Beck can do to this board. I agree that John Beck is the problem and is not making the proper reads. He is zeroed in on Fred Davis and everyone in the building including the guy selling concessions can see that. You see wide open receivers with no one within 10 yards of them jumping up and down after the play because Beck doesn't look that way. Now do you see the reason Beck never started? He was given a chance but why put in a player that can't make teh reads or fool the defense. He is predictable and stares down receivers. Getting the ball out of his hands faster is great but if the guy you are throwing to is covered doesn't give you any chance to score points let alone give you first downs. We make all of our plays late in the game because the defense is going to give you them when they know that you won't win the game. It never fails. In every game that we lost, excet the Bills game we had 4 minutes or less left in the game when we started to move the ball good. Why? Because the other team backed off their defensive scheme and allowed them to make a few plays that appeared to be easy. It was due to the fact they knew that the Redskins were no threat deep and they could keep them from scoring quickly. The clock would keep moving and that they had a big enough lead that they could allow some yardage to be had. Until the teams we play start to respect our offense we will keep seeing the same things happen. Hello 3-13 because this fan doesn't believe we will win another game unless they go back to Rex Grossman and just live with the INTs. Shanahan believes that Beck gives them the best chance to win is just baffling. Mobility doesn't win ball games. Beck is another Taylor Jacobs. Good during practice but can't translate it to the real game time experience.

Dudes are open. Everytime they pan out on a TV angle there is someone just naked. It is not K Shanahan's system

The system FLOURISHES still in Houston.

Just need a Matt Schaub. We will get ours this off-season. Anyone who thought we were going over .500 this season was just fooling themselves to begin with.

Plenty to be proud of in this team. Still a rebuilding year away. Glad we have 10 picks this year and the most free agent cash. Just hope Danny doesnt pull the trigger too fast.

I'm fully convinced that play calling on offense is not the problem....

its not, the players are the problem..no matter what play is called, on a running play,if the linemen open holes the back will gain yards.(theres always the audible,if the d stacks the box with 8 players) on a pass play if the linemen give enough time and the wideouts can get away from the defender then the pass should be completed..our problem starts with the line, they cant open holes and they cant pass protect. and when they happen to give beck enough time then other problems arise. he either cant read the defense, or the rcvr's run poor patterns and break them off, or slow down coming out of the break. they just dont play like nfl players should play, we need better players, or at least(more) players who give a damn...and not just worried about getting paid

Beck plays scared. He is timid and he stares down receivers. If it is that evident to me, I can only image the field day opposing defenses have reading this clown.

I will eat crow - I was calling for Beck after game 4. smh. At least Grossman threw the damn ball downfield.

Did anyone else hear on Lavar and Chad around 3:30 today they played a tape of Mike being interviewed saying that he told Kyle not to come here back in 2010 b/c this was gonna be a total rebuild starting with the offense? But Kyle wanted the challenge so he came anyway. I'm gonna post the podcast later when they post it online.

Did anyone else hear on Lavar and Chad around 3:30 today they played a tape of Mike being interviewed saying that he told Kyle not to come here back in 2010 b/c this was gonna be a total rebuild starting with the offense? But Kyle wanted the challenge so he came anyway. I'm gonna post the podcast later when they post it online.

From Coach Mikes press conference? Someone mentioned that in another thread earlier in response to someone else wanting to hear him actually say the word 'rebuild.'

Hail.

The reason Beck is playing is because of how putrid Grossman had become, Beck is very quickly proving why he's been on the bench since his rookie year, he looks like the kid who's father forced him to play QB with no real clue on what the position really requires, in other words he has no instinct for the position, when he steps up to the center he really doesn't know where the ball is going, doesn't know what the defense is trying to do and so here and there he will make a play but that's it, Grossman is more instinctive but just plain stupid as a QB. Let's play the kids get them experience and look for a QB in next years draft.

We needed to be rebuilt from top to bottom, we had to start someplace and with our lack of picks the last 2 years because of previous neglect and ignorance we had to start somewhere and QB wasn't on the agenda, Shanny did a great job trading down and acquiring bulk which is what we really needed, he will have a full draft next year and the ability to really make an impact with talent, Rome wasn't built in a day but we are on our way with a little patience.

Shannahan and company are still at fault for letting beck play. We're a joke with Beck at QB.

It's funny, but I could've sworn I read those exact words before...except they were talking about Grossman, not Beck. Seems like either way we turn, we're a joke.

When we have a competent triggerman at QB and the OL accumulates enough experience, the O will start to blossom. Houston didn't have a running game until last year, and now even Ben Tate is ripping apart guys in limited action. And with QB, the open WRs actually can catch the football instead of raising their hands and not getting the football.

Fixed for you. Helu, Hankerson, the OL, Davis, Niles Paul, all fit the system. We're a QB away from being a productive offense.

I agree with you for the most part, but, while our o-line might seemingly fit the system...it still isn't a good line. Trent Williams gets banged up pretty often and once we lose 1 player..the line goes to poop. We almost need to draft and develop 2 entire sets of o-linemen every year because we always seem to go to 100% garbage once we lose one guy.

That said, with an actual NFL QB.. our line might look much better. I think Shanny and Co. already know Beck is FAR from being the answer at QB, I just think right now he is trying out for the future backup position.

Say what you want about Kyle and his lack of balance, this is the 3rd straight week that we've seen receivers run open and not get the ball. Well from i'm seeing from the replays, they are showing guys like Hank and Gaffney overtly frustrated after not getting the ball. The Oline hasn't been perfect , but has provided Beck with sufficient protection for a good portion of the game to make plays. The common denominator, IMO is Beck is NOT making the right reads and is playing scared in the pocket. SMH
You're spot on. No, the line isn't good but its not the worst. When they showed the footage of Hank and Gaffney running free in the secondary and he checks down to Helu. I was completely done. He's not even looking down field, his accuracy is horrible, and simply looks lost out there. I just can't see us doing anything short term much less long term with him under center. I'll take Grossman's 4 picks because at least he's trying to get the ball down field.

You're spot on. No, the line isn't good but its not the worst. When they showed the footage of Hank and Gaffney running free in the secondary and he checks down to Helu. I was completely done. He's not even looking down field, his accuracy is horrible, and simply looks lost out there. I just can't see us doing anything short term much less long term with him under center. I'll take Grossman's 4 picks because at least he's trying to get the ball down field.

Not only that, but on the 4th down attempt..didn't he try to force it to (Davis?) when (Torrain?) was open beside him? The dude was a 3rd stringer on a bad team lol.. Shanny dropped the ball on this one. Hopefully he'll make up for it by drafting a stud.

Archived