Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm fully convinced that play calling on offense is not the problem....

authentic

our final 8 games are:

@MIA: whos looking waaay better, its in miami, and beck is starting.

vsDAL: most likely L

@SEA: winable, but being in SEA we lose

vsNYJ: lol

vsNWE: double lol

@NYG: triple lol

vsMIN: maaaybe, but doubtful

@PHI: only if theyre resting starters

losing 8 more straight is a serious possibility.

Wouldn't mind seeing our youngsters get more playing time during that stretch.

Especially when our QB situation is an absolute mess. Rookies have shown flashes.

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 07:38 PM ----------

John beck is possibly the worst QB in the league.

Why all picking on Beck, you know we are rebuilding wait til end of year he will progress. M an usome of u fans have no heart, fans prob ones that ride coaches out of town

Coaches can only coach so much. Then it's up for to the players to execute.

Our defense executed most of the day. Managing to contain Frank Gore so he ONLY gets 107 yards and no touchdowns is pretty much a victory. The guy didn't have a game where he rushed for under 120 yards rushing in FOUR games and had a touchdown in all four games.

And our receiver kept getting open. Time and time again they're running wide open. The plays were there. Kyle kept trying to run the ball; we stuck to it the whole first half, even when we weren't getting a lot. But Beck didn't execute. ONE GUY not executing screwed up the entire team.

It's not mediocre coaching. The rest of our players had opportunities to make plays. It's just the ONE GUY under center.

seriously, anybody still complaining about playcaling is a 100% complete idiot. how many times do you have to see guys running wide open to admit that the plays are there and theyre not being executed? id love to watch 1 hour of game film with this coaching staff just to count how many missed opportunities beck leaves on the field each week. i wouldnt be surprised if there were 10+ opportunities he butchered today because he sucks so bad. the guy is completely inept and we will lose every game that he starts.

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 08:58 PM ----------

here another nugget: has beck even flashed a single glimmer of being productive? one awesome drive? one clutch throw? one awesome throw? hes seriously abysmal on almost every single drop back.

Wouldn't mind seeing our youngsters get more playing time during that stretch.

Apparently, Mike went into length about getting our younger players reps and getting them more playing time. About as close as we'll ever get to Mike Shanahan admitting that we are in fact in a rebuild.

Apparently, Mike went into length about getting our younger players reps and getting them more playing time. About as close as we'll ever get to Mike Shanahan admitting that we are in fact in a rebuild.

heard this as well and i agree. nice to hear finally.

other side note: i thought Hurt played well today. didnt give up any sacks by my count, held his blocks well, all in all a good start for a rookie G.

Now if the Redskins can manage to lose this upcoming week @ Miami then they should get the hardest loss out of the way. Then they are looking at all L's till the vikings if they can somehow get lucky and lose that game then ef ya @ a 3-13 record and a good draft pick. The Redskins dont have a shot in hell at getting a playoff chance so i dont see the point of winning.
your a joke no teams going to lose om purpose this early

heard this as well and i agree. nice to hear finally.

other side note: i thought Hurt played well today. didnt give up any sacks by my count, held his blocks well, all in all a good start for a rookie G.

So positive marks for all three rookies who got their first starts today. If you factor that in with Kerrigan, Jenkins, and Paul...the bigger picture isn't awful.

, goes for Beck also, only played 10 games and been off four years

That argument doesn't hold water when you have stone cold rookies like Cam Newton,Andy Dalton and Ponder playing better than Beck, who's been in numerous camps and has had more practice time in his career than either of them.

The only thing Beck will get better at is the 5 yard dump pass to the back because he cannot see the field.

So positive marks for all three rookies who got their first starts today. If you factor that in with Kerrigan, Jenkins, and Paul...the bigger picture isn't awful.

not at all man, we have a lot of younger pieces on this team that are good to build around:

Fred Davis, Roy Helu, Leonard Hankerson, Niles Paul, Trent Williams, Maurice Hurt, Terrence Austin, Ryan Kerrigan, Brian Orakpo, Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Stephen Bowen, Logan Paulsen, Deangelo Hall, Laron Landry, Barry Cofield, Chris Neild, Darrell Young, Graham Gano. All of these guys are 27 or younger. this is a nice starting point.

no QB = no success ever.

We've got some playmakers in the making.

Be nice if we could find someone to get them friggin' BALL once in a while, but oh well...

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

not at all man, we have a lot of younger pieces on this team that are good to build around:

Fred Davis, Roy Helu, Leonard Hankerson, Niles Paul, Trent Williams, Maurice Hurt, Terrence Austin, Ryan Kerrigan, Brian Orakpo, Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Stephen Bowen, Logan Paulsen, Deangelo Hall, Laron Landry, Barry Cofield, Chris Neild, Darrell Young, Graham Gano. All of these guys are 27 or younger. this is a nice starting point.

no QB = no success ever.

That list is why I friggin' hate it when people say we have no talent. We do. But our talent means NOTHING if we can't find a quarterback capable of leading this team and helping us to score some frakking points.

Beck had 47 attempts. he targeted Helu on 17 of them, Young on 2 of them, and Torain on 1 of them. thats 20 looks at RBs, or 43% of his targets. lol

It certainly seemed like being harangued by the Shanahans during the week to get rid of the ball quicker directly led him to look to get rid of the ball at the first opportunity throughout the day.

It certainly seemed like being harangued by the Shanahans during the week to get rid of the ball quicker directly led him to look to get rid of the ball at the first opportunity throughout the day.

I can imagine them facepalming on the sideline.

"Damn it John...when I said 'get rid of the ball quicker' and 'take what the defense gives you', we didn't mean just keep checking it down and hoping for the best."

I agree, after watching these last few games it is clear that this team is just clearly not executing even the most basic of plays. Anything short of a screen pass is too much for them.

Beck is clearly over his head and inadequate.[/QUOT absolutly true, as I said in an earlier post, both of these QB seem over whelmed at being an NFL qb. At least Rexy looked deep and took a chance. Beck is horrible and will never be anything more than an average back up.

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 09:28 PM ----------

agreed, he simply has nothing to offer an nfl team.

This is how I see it too.

We've got some very good pieces in place already we just need to find the right QB and strengthen that OL and I like our direction.

Archived