Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm fully convinced that play calling on offense is not the problem....

authentic

There is a severe lack of talent on offense. There is nobody on our team that a truly gifted offense would want on their team. Nobody.

A good QB wouldn't fix the offense either. You need people that can catch the ball and you need an Oline that can hold a pocket or successfully run block. You can only coach up suck so much.

The talent is awful no doubt. However nothing was done to fix the talent problem.

That will take time to do it properly.

We can't free agent our way into a talented offense. We've tried that before and it sucks, it just plain sucks. We are paying now for our decade long free agent spending spree that netted zero results. Zero. We'll probably be paying next season as well. We can't just dump our OC, DC or HC though. That would just prolong any turn around efforts. We'll probably suck just as much next season as well, I'm prepared for that.

What we desperately need is consistency in the coaching regimes. Let them set up their systems. It's not something that can be done in a couple of seasons. We have a decade long period of digging our own grave to climb out of.

The talent is awful no doubt. However nothing was done to fix the talent problem.

Um, drafting 12 guys and trying to upgrade most positions on the team is "nothing being done to fix the talent problem"?

Unless you mean signing some big name free agent guy.

There is a severe lack of talent on offense. There is nobody on our team that a truly gifted offense would want on their team. Nobody.

A good QB wouldn't fix the offense either. You need people that can catch the ball and you need an Oline that can hold a pocket or successfully run block. You can only coach up suck so much.

Completely disagree. We have talent on this offense. Hankerson, Davis and Helu. Recievers were running open most of the day and for whatever reason beck refused to throw to em. QB would automatically upgrade this offense. Also Brown needs to be replaced via the draft, we need another booked tackle to compliment Trent. Comments like the one above are more emotion than logic. Players can't shine when the QB can't get them the damn ball. Worst QB situation in the league imho.

Do you really expect the rookies to come in and dominate on a team with no QB and a mediocre offensive line?

It takes time. :doh:

Especially when our QB situation is an absolute mess. Rookies have shown flashes.

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 07:38 PM ----------

no, but how about some improvment? How about some progress? Or effort?

:doh:

John beck is possibly the worst QB in the league.

John beck is possibly the worst QB in the league.

I think it's fair to take the "possibly" out of that sentence. I don't think I ever fully understood how important the QB position really was to an NFL team. I do now, so thanks for that John.

no, but how about some improvment? How about some progress? Or effort?

:doh:

Spoken like someone who either doesn't watch games, or watches and already has a preconceived notion.

How exactly do you expect the team to get better, if they don't play. You want more talent? We added more talent. You can either be patient and let them develop, or ***** that we didn't add enough talent via other means. Improvement doesn't happen over night.

Completely disagree. We have talent on this offense. Hankerson, Davis and Helu. Recievers were running open most of the day and for whatever reason beck refused to throw to em. QB would automatically upgrade this offense. Also Brown needs to be replaced via the draft, we need another booked tackle to compliment Trent. Comments like the one above are more emotion than logic. Players can't shine when the QB can't get them the damn ball. Worst QB situation in the league imho.

I'm not being emotional at all. In fact, I'm about as disconnected from this team emotionally than I have been in seasons.

The fact is, none of those players would sniff the field on New England, Green Bay, New Orleans and the other top tier offenses. Slight chance with Davis, but that's about it. I'm not saying dump them though. The rookies need to be given time. Davis is a starting TE in the league, he shouldn't have to be the focal point of an offense though. We obviously need a QB. He needs options better than Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong and a few rookies though. He needs more to an offensive line than Trent Williams and a couple pieces of swiss cheese.

Keep the youth, develop them. Shed the dead weight though and replace them with younger, more driven players.

Spoken like someone who either doesn't watch games, or watches and already has a preconceived notion.

How exactly do you expect the team to get better, if they don't play. You want more talent? We added more talent. You can either be patient and let them develop, or ***** that we didn't add enough talent via other means. Improvement doesn't happen over night.

LOL, I'm a season ticket holder dude, and I used to organized play football.

This team is fundamentally poor, I've seen enough to say that they have regressed.

The main issue is that we didn't suck enough the past 3 seasons to get Megatron, McFadden or Stafford.

Sadly, we can thank/blame Joe Gibbs for that, as while he made horrible franchise-crippling mistakes (trading for JC while passing on Rodgers, passing on Brees to trade for Brunell), he left us with enough of a team to not go 1-15 or 2-14 during the Zorn years (and it didn't help that the 2009 Skins played one of the weakest schedules ever - that team was quite possibly worse talent-wise than the 0-16 Lions yet we went 4-12 and could have gone 5-11 or 6-10)

I'm not being emotional at all. In fact, I'm about as disconnected from this team emotionally than I have been in seasons.

The fact is, none of those players would sniff the field on New England, Green Bay, New Orleans and the other top tier offenses. Slight chance with Davis, but that's about it. I'm not saying dump them though. The rookies need to be given time. Davis is a starting TE in the league, he shouldn't have to be the focal point of an offense though. We obviously need a QB. He needs options better than Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong and a few rookies though. He needs more to an offensive line than Trent Williams and a couple pieces of swiss cheese.

Keep the youth, develop them. Shed the dead weight though and replace them with younger, more driven players.

I agree mostly. But the weapons around beck are serviceable. A QB who could read a defense and go through his progressions would make everyone on this offense look better. I agree we need a few more pieces on the OLine. Brown and Chester arent impressive in my opinion. Hurt needs more playing time. Team like Green Bay and new England have developed their own talent and qbs like Brady make guys like welker and Gronkowski look elite.

Mike Shanahan knows that he was wrong about John Beck. How can he pull McNabb twice last year, and not do the same to John Beck this year? Both Beck and Grossman are playing lousier than McNabb played last year. Andy Dalton is playing like a 1st round pick, although he was a 2nd round pick. Shanahan should have drafted him. Beck looks lackadaisical. He plays erratic in the pocket. When receivers get open, Beck can't or won't throw them the ball, or he overthrows them. It appears to me that he has trouble reading what the defense is trying to do, and then reacts hesitantly. This is holding the offense back.

The Redskins 1st round draft choice in this coming April's draft needs to be a QB.

This is a tough call. There were so many fundamental execution miscues out there today. There were wide receivers wide open streaking down the sidelines that most of the quarterbacks in this league would have hit. I still think the blame falls on the coaching staff. If Beck is what we have then the playcalling and schemes need to get more creative or we are looking at a lot more Ls

Archived