Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm fully convinced that play calling on offense is not the problem....

authentic

I'm cool with that too...just as long as our pups can get something out of this playing time.

Who would you want at QB (assuming no Luck, of course).

give me landry jones i guess. im no college expert but ive seen highlights, read about his strengths, and looked at the other guys. barkley id be ok with too but USC QBs scare me, i do not want robert griffin cause i hate scramble QBs, and no one else seems like a 1st rounder.

Overall, I like the direction we're going. But it does occur to me that one of the knocks on Shannahan was his ability to evaluate talent at positions other than RB.

I think we might be seeing some of that here.

He was getting better towards the end of his tenure in Denver though. Like, A LOT better.

In a two year span (2006-2008) ge picked Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris, Tony Scheffler, Jay Cutler, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis, Kory Lichensteiger, Tim Crowder, and Elvis Dumervil. How many guys in that list wouldn't you KILL to have on this football team right now?

The real knock on him was that his defensive draft picks sucked, but he so happened to come to a team where the only good draft picks we've made for, like, the last decade, have been defensive draft picks.

It's clear he got better at evaluating and drafting as he went on, which is why I'm not in absolute panic mode like some people.

give me landry jones i guess. im no college expert but ive seen highlights, read about his strengths, and looked at the other guys. barkley id be ok with too but USC QBs scare me, i do not want robert griffin cause i hate scramble QBs, and no one else seems like a 1st rounder.

Given some other holes, it would definitely be nice to select a QB without having to trade up. Being able to draft 7+ guys and getting the franchise QB we need could put us a year ahead of schedule.

Screw it, let Beck play for the entire season....maybe towards the end of the season he'll figure it out. It would be cool if he returned to Miami and get a win but forget all this playoff talk and top 3 pick. Just watch them play and enjoy the little things. Roy Helu has a franchise record as a rookie and Gano kicks a 59 yard FG. Let's all just accept the Redskins for what they are.

can anyone honestly tell me they think beck is capable of leading this offense to 1 win this season?

No.

We have a Qb that cannot see the field and judging by today's numerous replays of Beck passing up wide open receivers, he's afraid to throw deep.

Keep him starting and hopefully we'll have a good enough draft pick to draft a real QB.

A year ahead of schedule? Where are we in relation to the schedule now?

on schedule i think so.

book end pass rushers? check

young RB in Helu? check

young tall WR in hank? check

franchise LT (or at least a good one)? check

solid D line? check

good young tight ends? check

seriously were not THAT far away, the problem is that the pieces missing are massive pieces: QB, oline depth, speed at ILB. we're gonna sign a front line WR this offseason (Vjax or Dbowe), pickup some more oline depth, and sign or draft an ILB that can cover. however, QB is key, and we will suck until we get one.

i mean seriously did anyone see hank time get behind and open constantly today??? a real QB finds him, and hank goes over 100 yards and gets a TD. instead we have beck, who literally dumped off ALL day to helu because he cannot see the field or read a defense. we get a QB that can play and we're gonna be ok.

can anyone honestly tell me they think beck is capable of leading this offense to 1 win this season?

We'll somehow beat Dallas in 2 weeks, probably more in spite of Beck than because of him, and half the people on here will of course react as if we won the Super Bowl and proclaim Beck the starter for 2012.

Leading? No. But I think that over 8 additional games, it's possible that we win during a Beck start. It's tough to lose 11 straight games when you have an average or better defense.

our final 8 games are:

@MIA: whos looking waaay better, its in miami, and beck is starting.

vsDAL: most likely L

@SEA: winable, but being in SEA we lose

vsNYJ: lol

vsNWE: double lol

@NYG: triple lol

vsMIN: maaaybe, but doubtful

@PHI: only if theyre resting starters

losing 8 more straight is a serious possibility.

I realize Kyle is the second coming but... weren't Kyle and his pappy the experts who proclaimed Beck the best quarterback from the 2007 draft? And I think there was also a foolish statement at the beginning of this season where Poppa Shanny said he would stake his reputation as a talent evaluator on the fact that Grossman and Beck are both very capable NFL starters? I know Shanny&Son have no chance of being fired before finishing out their contract for PR reasons if nothing else but PLEASE... must we continue to drink Kool-Aid that may not be poisonous but is definitely unsweetened at the very least? If I didn't know better, you could almost convince me Bruce Allen hand picked our current QB's, based on this post.

By the way... is there a reason why we don't run up the middle? I know Helu isn't John Riggins but the fastest route to positive yardage is a straight line. Trying to get around the edges on every run play has become so predictable its ridiculous.

and he is , he's a work in progress. you cant groom a qb in 3 games

I'm not posting this as a way to create any excuses for Beck's responsibilities as QB of this team in it's current state. However, I will say that this team is currently reminiscent of the 07 Dolphins which plagued Beck's first 4 starts.

1. Loss of Playmaking WR's for both teams.

2. Loss of Starting RB (and losing Hightower is HUGE for the Skins)

3. An offensive line that is Hot/Cold, at times uninvested, and suffering from key injuries.

At the end of the day, it is a patchwork team that Beck has to play with. Much like it was playing 4 years ago in Miami. Beck absolutely missed on some receivers today. But, I've watched Brees do that, Manning....everyone. There are ALWAYS going to be open receivers that are missed. EVERY game. Beck has, and will, take responsibility for those. He can't however, take responsibility for some of the drops, and terrible fumbles by WR's after drive-extending plays are made. Nor can he take responsibility for stupid penalties by his linemen after, again, drive-extending plays are made.

Grossman would have done more to go downfield, I've no doubt. But the number of INT's would have a statistical chance of jumping significantly with him in there. Beck is being hesitant, no doubt. I think after taking 10 sacks last week, his confidence is suffering a little bit. The fact that coach came RIGHT OUT and said that he's sticking with Beck should help next week against Miami.

It's easy to forget that Beck is essentially a 30 year old rookie. He's had some game experience, but he has yet to be playing with a full deck of players on his side.

I was really hoping for a better performance, but the team appears to be running w/, other than Gaffney, a bunch of Scout Teamers at the WR position. The running game is NOWHERE near where it could be w/ Hightower in there. No doubt of that.

There's plenty of finger-pointing to go around, including QB play.

Still waiting to see if they can put it all together. And Beck gets his head straight, because he's much better than what's shown right now.

Just my 2 cents.

our final 8 games are:

Yeah, I agree that we should lose each of our games individually. And if we are going to play like we have, I'm fine with it. I just think probabilities are against us losing our final 12 games.

our final 8 games are:

I don't think we're lucky enough to lose all of those games but we'll prob at least go 2-6 or 1-7 in that stretch.

That will take time to do it properly.

We can't free agent our way into a talented offense. We've tried that before and it sucks, it just plain sucks. We are paying now for our decade long free agent spending spree that netted zero results. Zero. We'll probably be paying next season as well. We can't just dump our OC, DC or HC though. That would just prolong any turn around efforts. We'll probably suck just as much next season as well, I'm prepared for that.

What we desperately need is consistency in the coaching regimes. Let them set up their systems. It's not something that can be done in a couple of seasons. We have a decade long period of digging our own grave to climb out of.

is what i said, takes time, goes for Beck also, only played 10 games and been off four years

Does anybody believe that a great play caller can make a difference for a team and a game? If so, why are we settling for mediocre coaching?

Coaches can only coach so much. Then it's up for to the players to execute.

Our defense executed most of the day. Managing to contain Frank Gore so he ONLY gets 107 yards and no touchdowns is pretty much a victory. The guy didn't have a game where he rushed for under 120 yards rushing in FOUR games and had a touchdown in all four games.

And our receiver kept getting open. Time and time again they're running wide open. The plays were there. Kyle kept trying to run the ball; we stuck to it the whole first half, even when we weren't getting a lot. But Beck didn't execute. ONE GUY not executing screwed up the entire team.

It's not mediocre coaching. The rest of our players had opportunities to make plays. It's just the ONE GUY under center.

Archived