Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Hankerson and Helu both starting against 49ers

SkinsNoles21

Wow, anyone happen to know the Redskins record for most receptions in a game? ESPN has Helu at 14 receptions (17 targets). He has to be close...

Speaks to how pathetic our offense was, but still.

Pretty sure that it was stated a few times that he has the record.

I can understand the amnesia from this game, though.

I know there wasn't safety help because they knew Beck wouldn't beat them but I liked what I saw of Hankerson being open deep. It is nice to think that maybe, just maybe the Redskins may have gotten two decent receivers in one draft. Hopefully Niles Paul will continue to develop and get chances to show what he can do.

I defended Hankerson's drops in preseason. You simply don't make such embarrassing drops unless you are wide open to begin with and that's what he was. He clearly had a ton of talent; he just isn't a natural catcher. He has to really concentrate to make catches and it can be hard to focus on hands when you're learning a new offense and trying to process your assignment. But once he gets more time in the system and more experience, he's going to be a beast. He might even be our clear #1 in a season or two.

I'm very excited about hankerson seeming him beat his man deep is encouraging watching chicken little not even look his way more of a problem. Hankerson catching that back shoulder 2 pt conversion a play I have been screaming for all season long to throw to him might have cured our Redzone woes.

Love that Helu got the touches, but man...I was shaking my head every time Beck double clutched the ball and checked it down. Loved that Hank was open 90% of the time though.

its very good news, cause any real QB throwing today, and hank turns into an instant stud. really glad hes figured out the routes and how to get open, cause that was awesome.

Archived