Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Hankerson and Helu both starting against 49ers

SkinsNoles21

Definitely interested in seeing Hank in action, it will be a rough day for Helu though I think running against that front 7.

I think/hope we substitute some short throws and screens to Helu for some run calls - get him the ball in space rather than just run him into the 49ers front 7 behind a shaky OLine.

Not to mention that Beck also has a better rapport with these guys, having worked with them in practice as a non-starter all season.

Well that may also factor in, I guess the million dollar question is "Will Beck make them look good or vice versa?" They really are dependent on Beck, especially the receivers.

I think/hope we substitute some short throws and screens to Helu for some run calls - get him the ball in space rather than just run him into the 49ers front 7 behind a shaky OLine.

I think that will be the case Martin. I'm not a Beck guy by any means, but that is something he should be able to do today

Then again: Their LB's are playing out of this world and Patrick Willis can stick with anyone - we'll see.

Trent is active, if he active, he start

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2011/11/redskins-49ers-live-game-blog-3-rookies-starting-on-offense.html

From Rich Tandlers Real Redskins....

Pregame

Three rookies to start

1:00 to kickoff—According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Redskins are going to start Roy Helu at running back (mild surprise) and Leonard Hankerson at wide receiver (big surprise). Hankerson played just one snap two weeks ago against the Panthers and then eight last week against Buffalo. He was targeted four times in those eight snaps so expect to see a lot of passes thrown his way.

Trent Williams is active for today’s game so expect him to start at left tackle. Schefter also is saying that Maurice Hurt will start at left guard.

This is one of the things that I love about Shanahan. When it seems like the train is going off the tracks, he just throws the young guys out there to see what they can do as opposed to putting the vets in to consistently fail.

It'd be pretty sweet to, from this season, get a starting trio of Hankerson, Paul, and Austin, a backup (or replacement even) for Lichtensteiger, and a solid starting back.

Are you kidding me? Someone actually took Torain for MJD straight up? Wow...
Whaaa--you must play with idiots.

I did it this week too... I'm playing with a bunch of redskin fans so...

basically sold him on torain will be work horse with Beck stinking it up. Drew jones averages around 12 points so I said torain has potential to be a beast might get 20 points per game. BAM Sold

Hank must be impressing Shanahan a lot in practice for him to suddenly put him in as a starter. I just hope he stays focused and doesn't get nervous because it seems thats when he loses concentration and gets the occasional dropsies. Just relax and do your thing, Hank!

Hank must be impressing Shanahan a lot in practice for him to suddenly put him in as a starter. I just hope he stays focused and doesn't get nervous because it seems thats when he loses concentration and gets the occasional dropsies. Just relax and do your thing, Hank!

This is what I am thinking, he must be improved and be ready. Did he pass Niles on the depth chart already?

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 12:33 PM ----------

Coming up on gameday NFLN live from SF, probably all niners but I will try and update.....after flipping the wings.

I did it this week too... I'm playing with a bunch of redskin fans so...

basically sold him on torain will be work horse with Beck stinking it up. Drew jones averages around 12 points so I said torain has potential to be a beast might get 20 points per game. BAM Sold

:ols: Yup, idiots. I hope for your sake its a money league.

Archived