Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Hankerson and Helu both starting against 49ers

SkinsNoles21

I was really happy to see three rookies get starts today. Hurt, Hank and Helu. I think they've found something in Helu, and Hank looked good, well as good as possible with the piss poor QB play.

Keep getting the young guys playing time. I really do believe that Hank can be a difference maker in the league, he needs the reps. He's got size and speed. If he could develop, that really would help out everybody else.

I was really happy to see three rookies get starts today. Hurt, Hank and Helu. I think they've found something in Helu, and Hank looked good, well as good as possible with the piss poor QB play.

Keep getting the young guys playing time. I really do believe that Hank can be a difference maker in the league, he needs the reps. He's got size and speed. If he could develop, that really would help out everybody else.

Speaking of Hurt, I thought he did a good job also. Didn't hear his name being called, which is always a good thing for a Guard.

I think the best thing about Helu was how he sounded in the locker room, when sonny told him he broke a record, he sounded disgusted and was like " who cares, we lost", he doesn't give a crap how well a certain player does, it's all about the team with that guy. And hankerson is gonna be a great player, shannahan even said that hankerson will develop into an elite wideout... He's already beating cornerbacks, we just need a QB for him

Right, even he knew he cost them the game.

I think its clear we had a great draft. I guess Mike Wallace sucks because he fumbled this week. Forte is on TV right now with a possible fumble too. Guys fumble... its just an X factor in this game you have to deal with. Now if its a ton of fumbles, that is a problem but at this point, we have a great player in Helu. I think Hankerson would be exponentially better if we had a QB that could get him the ball. Bruce and Shanny FTW.

glad to see the ol Captian Checkdown name catching on, although its not as demeaning as Interceptasaurus Rex...its fitting. I have watched 5 games now (2 preseason and 3 regular) where John Beck has displayed that he is no physical attribute that is any stronger than Colt Brennan...its really unfortunate that Hankerson's development could be limited due to poor play behind center.

how great was it to finally see a lob throw to the corner of the end zone and our big, strong WR out-muscling the DB and getting it?... been waiting for that for many, many years... sure, it was only a 2-point conversion, but, if we ever get inside the 20 again this season, i'd like to see much more of that play...

:ols: Some people....

I mean, I get it that some might not be impressed with the record given the context. That's fine with me. But that's on Beck, not Helu. Helu did a nice job when he was targeted. Period. If you don't believe he should have been targeted as often (I doubt anyone would disagree), that's something to take up with Beck. It's not Helu has bragged about this record and requested the right to wear #81 or anything. What was the poor kid supposed to to, start knocking down the passes?

He cost them the game if you saw it,

You are the definition of clueless.

You make comments with no analysis at all. No discussion. Just that you are right and we are wrong.

I wish they would have a TV show of fans like you. That way your face can be tied with the idiotic comments you make. Funny thing is, if your face was displayed, I bet you don't make these comments.

I just want to say that I can't remember the last time we had a WR who could actually pull of the turn-around separation in the end zone like Hankerson did on the 2pt conversion. That and the separation he was creating in the game have me believing in this kid already

Too bad I didn't record the game just to see this play all by itself.

I knew Hankerson would come around.

Archived