Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS PLACE COOLEY, HIGHTOWER ON RESERVE/INJURED LIST

SIXX99

How much value would Cooley actually bring in a trade at this point. He hasn't put a full season together since before the Zorn era. If he is willing to take less money and we can hang on to Davis and Paulsen we should definatley just hang on to him. Too much depth is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Well he did have over 800 yards last season and played all 16 games. But i do hear what you're saying..

I'm amazed how many are writing Cooley's obituary as far as his tenure with the team. Really, I think the main reason why Cooley is on IR is that they need his roster spot for someone else and he just happens to be the low man on the totem pole, being at one of the few positions on this team that we are OK at. I don't even know if restructuring will be necessary to keep him around.

I just find it funny that fans are ready to part with talent when it is obvious that there isn't always talent behind them ready to take over. Not to mention that quality veteran leadership is always needed.

Absolutely absurd! 90% of all passes end up with someone getting smacked. How many times have we seen Cooley laid out before? He's had way worse hits than that, come down with the ball and gotten up to play again. This time was just unlucky.

Good QBs don't set up their receivers the way Grossman did. He hung Cooley out to dry with a terrible pass, and now his Skins' career is most likely over.

Guess...

is he more tradable with a repaired hand injury or a re-occuring knee injury...

duh

You "Trade Cooley" guys need to give up the ghost. Cooley hasn't merited more than a 6 or 7th round draft pick for the last three or four seasons. TE is just not that hard, nor essential,of a position to fill. I think his value to the Redskins over that same period has been much greater than what he could have gotten in return. He has been a great member of the Redskin community over some lean years. I think it is better for the Skins and Cooley to let him play out his career in the B&G.

Good QBs don't set up their receivers the way Grossman did. He hung Cooley out to dry with a terrible pass, and now his Skins' career is most likely over.

Is there anything that some will not blame Rex Grossman for?

Cooley was done long before that normal everyday play.

Davis is the starting tight end now. Cooley was on his way out anyway.

I have to say I'm more interested at the moment who we are going to call up or bring in. Davis & Paulsen can handle the TE position, and I feel we have good depth at running back. So do we address other positions such as WR with Moss down or do we go offensive line? T.O. anyone? :silly:

To be fair, I think those people have a point. You don't put your receiver in a position where they are going to get clobbered like that. It is the part of the lack of vision that Grossman has at times.

I'm sure Cooley isn't blaming him for that, but Grossman didn't do him any favors.

Cooley was done long before that normal everyday play.

Davis is the starting tight end now. Cooley was on his way out anyway.

That's the problem with this fan base, no loyalty towards our core players. I'm a huge Davis fan, but Cooley has done a lot for this team, and I think he deserves more than to be IR'd then discarded at year's end.

As far as that being a normal every day play, sure, if your QB is Rex Grossman. Every day Jason Campbell played for this team, fans would blame him for not going through his reads and staring down receivers. Grossman clearly stared down Cooley and STILL threw him the ball at the most inopportune time. I'm just glad Rex is an afterthought, the guy is complete garbage and had never deserved to start for any NFL team. If 26-20 are your career highs, you were destined to be a back up from the day you were drafted.

love what cooley has done so far for the redskins . dont know if he'll be back, but i do think he would take a pay cut to stay here as he has a lot invested in the area, more than most NFL players.

such a shame to see him go out on a stupid pass by rex grossman, but hey, thats football. i feel like cooley has been battling through injuries for years, and even last year while his production was good, i dont think he was quite healthy. the best thing for cooley now is to heal, get healthy, and come back in tip top shape.

for now, im interested to see fred davis realize his potential and to see paulsen make some plays. the one drive last week where we utilized them looked good. we need more of that.

1. the season is far from over and saying so because 47 went to IR after not really contributing anything is retarded.

2. 47s on IR for a few reasons hand,Knee mostly, expirience for paulsen

3. cooley fans wont want to admit it judging by my twitter and in the " has cooley been demoted thread" but 47 has saw his last snap as a skin.

4. two years too late since the ankle injury he hasnt been the same and deciding to loose 20 lbs AFTER you get to camp and Davis is a man child isnt a good look.

5. 47 has done alot for this team and is a cool guy but the team is better moving on.

I think the new curse is that if any of our Redskins make public predictions regarding our imminent domination over the NFL, they will end up in the hospital

Look no further than Grossman, Cooley, and Hightower.

Shanahan, tape everyone's mouth shut. Now. For the sake of good health...

So we can try to grab somebody from a practise squad:

Damien Berry, RB, Ravens

John Clay, RB, Steelers (terrible fit for the systeme)

Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Texans

Jeff Maehl, WR, Texans

Darren Evans, RB, Colts

Jeremy Beal, DE, Broncos

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, ATH, Cowboyz

Justin Trattou, OLB, Giants

Ryan Perrilloux, QB, Giants

Graham Harrell, QB, Pack

Caleb King, RB Vikings

Ahmad Black, DB, Bucs

Quan Sturdivant, ILB, Cardinals

Ian Johnson, RB, 49ers

Well damn.

Hmm, who do we got for the chant? Heluuuuuuu?

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 03:42 PM ----------

Hey Cooley! Karma is a B****!

Have fun on the IR! And keep talking s*** without backing it up.. love it

Sincerely,

Sincerely who? Antonio Ramiro? The one who goes out for a month with a broken pinky? lol

You know, Cooley did say he expects Skins folks to cheer at the folly of a Cowboy so I suppose it's only fair the other way around. Although I doubt Cooley openly applauds at a season ending injury. Or goes out of his way to sign up for a message board(which has a waiting period), bold his text and figure out how to link a picture.

Also have fun choking in December

Archived