Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS PLACE COOLEY, HIGHTOWER ON RESERVE/INJURED LIST

SIXX99

he got opinions on the knee..

only thing on the record is it was drained a few times... that happens all over the league all the time.

like i said.. results of these opinions were not released...

so I'm just speculating that the knee is the likely IR culprit.. and Cooley will most likely be traded int he offseason before playing another down of football.

Fair enough. I'm speculating that they shelved him because they don't need him rushing back, the season is over.

I don't think they want to get rid of him. Duel tight ends is the latest thing in the NFL.

He's due something like $6 mill next season, and with this being Freddy's contract year, i don't think its likely that he's back.

Cooley would most likely take a reduction of salary before leaving this team. I'll agree that Davis is really coming on but having two TEs in this offense would be a great luxury. We don't have the receivers yet to run this offense.

:helmet:

Cooley would most likely take a reduction of salary before leaving this team. I'll agree that Davis is really coming on but having two TEs in this offense would be a great luxury. We don't have the receivers yet to run this offense.

:helmet:

If Logan steps up, then i don't think it would be necessary to bring Cooley back. Remember we're trying to get younger and healthier. Why try to hold on to an oft injured older TE and sacrifice the development of an up & coming player? Doesn't make sense to me.

It will be interesting to see what Logan Paulsen can do with this opportunity.

Well, he did have a couple of nice catches in the last game, which may have been part of the motivation.

The other part is that we are hurting in depth at multiple positions. I wouldn't be shocked that the reason why he was IRed was to activate Kareem Moore. With Otogwe's knee kinda balky, we probably need him on the roster. Personally, I was wondering how the team was going to handle it. I guess this answers the question.

In any case, I expect that this isn't the end of Cooley.

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 05:34 PM ----------

If Logan steps up, then i don't think it would be necessary to bring Cooley back. Remember we're trying to get younger and healthier. Why try to hold on to an oft injured older TE and sacrifice the development of an up & coming player? Doesn't make sense to me.

I never understood that argument. If the player is good enough, he will get playing time. You can never have enough good players at a position.

It's really been sad to watch his solid (to say the least) career just derail since like 2008.

Absolutely tragic. Cooley is one of, if not the, greatest TE in team history. If he isn't the greatest, it's only because his won't have the longevity Jerry Smith and Don Warren had.

Wow it looks like I am reading his obit here. Can we wait for things to happen before reacting to them? Cooley may renegoiate his contract, it all depends on if he wants to stay here. I would think he does. He has a huge fan base in DC and that could lead him to a job in broadcasting or something else with the Skins. The last chapter of his book hasn't been written yet.

Archived