Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS PLACE COOLEY, HIGHTOWER ON RESERVE/INJURED LIST

SIXX99

Good. We've been lacking in unnecessary hurdling.

Love Sellers, guy plays with so much heart, Cooley and Portis do too. It was sad to see Portis go, but when it came down to it, we knew his career was over. He just wasn't effective anymore... I don't think Cooley is at that point yet. I think Shanny knows something about his knee the public doesn't. I think he will have knee surgery or at least some intense Rehab and be ready to break some more B&G records next season in a two TE set along Fred Davis. Davis is good and definitely coming along but we already blew up the team this previous offseason really getting rid of most of the veteran experience. I think it would be wise to bring back a guy like Cooley and I think Cooley would renegotiate to stay; possibly make it incentive based so if he plays out his mind then he makes even more..... better for both parties. Cooooooooooleyyyy! #47

I would think Cooley might be on his way out. Has been getting way too many injuries. Sad to say it too, always have been a big fan of his, brought us some great memories through these tough times, but all good things must come to an end eventually. Confident in Davis and Paulsen though.

That Fred Davis pick is looking better and better. Lock him up now. He's 25 and in his prime. Now is when you sign a player like that. Don't wait until they are older to pay them (aka Asomugha).

I'm afraid Cooley is done for. :( He's turning 30 next year, which we all know is that start of the decline. He isn't gonna all of a sudden be great again.

I think putting him on the IR is a statement to the fans that this season is over.

Ten games left, with 3 of them divisional games, this season is FAR from over!

Jesus Christ! How do some of you guys call yourself Redskins fans?

Being able to admit that this team isn't that good makes us no less of a fan, dude. It's called reality.

I think putting him on the IR is a statement to the fans that this season is over.

Ten games left, with 3 of them divisional games, this season is FAR from over!

Jesus Christ! How do some of you guys call yourself Redskins fans?

I was just thinking the same thing. Good Lord. Go slit the wrists Skins fans. I remember when I was a kid living in Vienna, VA and my father who was and is a big Giants fan used to laugh sometimes when he came home on MOnday evenings after a RARE Skins loss, and he would say, "geez I thought a few of them were going to either slit their wrists or jump off the roof." Those were the winning years.

I admit that this year the team seemed very different in terms of energy, leadership and where they lacked talent they made up for it with grit....until the Carolina game but following that performance was thinking how familiar it all looked to the past few seasons. There are a lot of games left and if the Skins go to the Bill's stadium and win, I believe it will carry over to quite a few games. NFC East is wide open.

If Logan steps up, then i don't think it would be necessary to bring Cooley back. Remember we're trying to get younger and healthier. Why try to hold on to an oft injured older TE and sacrifice the development of an up & coming player? Doesn't make sense to me.

That's a big "if" you're putting out there. This has been the most injured Cooley has been during his tenure with us. I just think we do too much "out with the old, in with the new" around. Veteran leadership is always valuable on teams. Losing Cooley, no matter how well Paulsen plays, is not a good idea.

:helmet:

I I am so ridiculously grateful for what Chris did for our team. I hope that he does well in the future, in the AFC.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense to paraphrase - yeah yeah i am grateful now get lost ? not the most sincere expresion of gratidude I have heard ....

I am pretty sure Cooley will be here next season - he may not be the starter but you know he will be the leader of that group of TEs . 2013 (contract season) may be his swan song depending on how the body holds up but that is not a bad run either way . Bringing Cooley back also gives us a little garuntee that Davis sudden spring to form is for real and not just for $$

One thing Shanahan values is team leaders . He lost the Denver locker room by swapping leaders for athletes...he is not going to do the same here , there is a deliberate move in the offseson and the draft this season to bring in high character team captain like players . Self motivated and hard workers .

Losing Cooley, no matter how well Paulsen plays, is not a good idea.

:helmet:

why? what else can Cooley do that Davis and Logan can't? I'm not against Cooley coming back. If they do, ok great. But the way it looks from a contract and building stand point going forward, i just do see it happening.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense to paraphrase - yeah yeah i am grateful now get lost ? not the most sincere expresion of gratidude I have heard ....

I am pretty sure Cooley will be here next season - he may not be the starter but you know he will be the leader of that group of TEs . 2013 (contract season) may be his swan song depending on how the body holds up but that is not a bad run either way . Bringing Cooley back also gives us a little garuntee that Davis sudden spring to form is for real and not just for $$

One thing Shanahan values is team leaders . He lost the Denver locker room by swapping leaders for athletes...he is not going to do the same here , there is a deliberate move in the offseson and the draft this season to bring in high character team captain like players . Self motivated and hard workers .

Yeah, maybe because you're missing the first sentence about believing that it's his last game as a Redskin. Don't know where you got "get lost" from or why you would want to see a great player on another team in the NFC, but those are your things to sort out. :)

How much value would Cooley actually bring in a trade at this point. He hasn't put a full season together since before the Zorn era. If he is willing to take less money and we can hang on to Davis and Paulsen we should definatley just hang on to him. Too much depth is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Grossman should've made a more intelligent pass, instead he set Cooley up to be smacked!

Absolutely absurd! 90% of all passes end up with someone getting smacked. How many times have we seen Cooley laid out before? He's had way worse hits than that, come down with the ball and gotten up to play again. This time was just unlucky.

Archived