Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider - Chris Cooley out indefinitely

SWFLSkins

Hap posted this in BBN, thought I would share it for discussion. Does this mean the end for Cooley as the starter as a Redskin?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/chris-cooley-out-indefinitely/2011/10/17/gIQAzbtDsL_blog.html

By Mike Jones

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan sounded resigned Monday to being without tight end Chris Cooley for a significant period of time. He said the two-time Pro Bowl player would have surgery on his fractured left index finger Wednesday, and later will seek additional medical opinions on his troublesome left knee.

Cooley broke his finger while being tackled on his only catch of Sunday’s game, and headed to the locker room with just less than six minutes left in the first quarter.

When asked exactly how much time Cooley would miss, Shanahan was vague.

“He’s going to get operated on Wednesday on his index finger, and after the surgery, I’ve got to get some more opinions on -- his knee

Cooley must be as tough as nails. I f i fractured my finger i would be rolling around screaming like a little girl. He looked unhurt after that play. This might give him time to get the rest of his body healed up. It sucks he got hurt, but it may be better for the long run.

After making that tony Romo sits to pee comment, cooley can't let a broken finger keep him out the rest of the season. Cooley needs to get back on to the field asap in order to gain some man points back. His time in washington is done anyway...another jersey to add to the closet of old cast off jerseys.

Honestly I like Cooley but Davis has out played him and in my opinion has firmly asserted himself as the starter. I know its cause Cooley has been hurt but Davis has been better all season and has earned his spot.

To be honest Davis is more suited to be a TE anyway, bigger, more physical, and a big target to hit....Cooley was always more of a slot reciver that played TE Imo. I hope Cooley is able to play again but I think his time in Washington is just about done.

Cooley hasn't looked right all year. No team structured stuff (Not sure how much that matters) and no preseason because of injury is pretty tough to overcome. Hope he gets healthy and comes back to play in some meaningful games late in the season and makes the plays he is known for. We will need him and Davis for those tough last 5 games if we are gonna make the paloffs.

Thats really unfortunate. Probably the last time we see him on the field is on a play that, imo, Grossman shouldnt have thrown. Not solely Blaming this on Rex but he can see whats in front of the receiver better than the receiver can. Kind of set him up to get smacked on that play. Not taking anything away from the CB either.

He hasn't looked healthy at all this year, from what I've seen.

What's more, he actually looks hobbled out there. Either he's been hurt the whole time, or his career is close to done, sadly....

I hope not. Tony Gonzalez is 35. Cooley is 29. Depending on his health Cooley could have a little something left.

Hap posted this in BBN, thought I would share it for discussion. Does this mean the end for Cooley as the starter as a Redskin?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/chris-cooley-out-indefinitely/2011/10/17/gIQAzbtDsL_blog.html

By Mike Jones

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan sounded resigned Monday to being without tight end Chris Cooley for a significant period of time. He said the two-time Pro Bowl player would have surgery on his fractured left index finger Wednesday, and later will seek additional medical opinions on his troublesome left knee.

Cooley broke his finger while being tackled on his only catch of Sunday’s game, and headed to the locker room with just less than six minutes left in the first quarter.

When asked exactly how much time Cooley would miss, Shanahan was vague.

“He’s going to get operated on Wednesday on his index finger, and after the surgery, I’ve got to get some more opinions on -- his knee

I don't think we have seen the last of Cooley. Knee surgery during the lockout and now the broken hand. Time to rest up, heal up and Cooley will be back stronger than ever. SUCKS he is out and not healthy. Always has and will have an impact on opposing defenses.

After making that tony Romo sits to pee comment, cooley can't let a broken finger keep him out the rest of the season. Cooley needs to get back on to the field asap in order to gain some man points back. His time in washington is done anyway...another jersey to add to the closet of old cast off jerseys.

Thats very depressing man. He's been one of my favorites a loyal Redskin . But this may be it. Very, very sad.

indefinitely?!? Are they serious?! What kind of team doctors do we have? Hopefully the team docs haven't Lavar'd his knee.
Thats very depressing man. He's been one of my favorites a loyal Redskin . But this may be it. Very, very sad.

It does make you wonder what and how the team handles injuries. I wonder about Landry as well. And sadly Montey you just never really know, I always loved how the guy got YAC and finished runs off strong. I hope he comes back, but honestly it might be as the backup at this point. Davis has shown what he is capable of now and there may be no turning back.

Archived