Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider - Chris Cooley out indefinitely

SWFLSkins

Come on.... Everyone has seen Tory Holt's crooked finger, this happens in the NFL. Cooley should be tapeing that bad boy up, and getting a pain injection. Play through it man, im sure it hurts, but this team needs him on the field, and I know he wants to be out there too!!

The finger is a small issue. The knee is a major one. Watch him run. He's definitely hobbled.

Come on.... Everyone has seen Tory Holt's crooked finger, this happens in the NFL. Cooley should be tapeing that bad boy up, and getting a pain injection. Play through it man, im sure it hurts, but this team needs him on the field, and I know he wants to be out there too!!

I'd agree with you if not for the fact that he's already been hobbled by that knee.

He'll be gone next year, unfortunately. He's got 2 more years on his contract, but at 3.8 million a year, there's no way we keep him (6.2 million per year cap hit).

Interesting. If he needs surgery on it, they most likely have to use pins/screws to hold bones together. All the tape & pain-killer shots in the world aren't going to help when his finger folds backward b/c it has no structural integrity.

Cooley must be as tough as nails. I f i fractured my finger i would be rolling around screaming like a little girl. He looked unhurt after that play. This might give him time to get the rest of his body healed up. It sucks he got hurt, but it may be better for the long run.

10 years ago, the tip of my middle left finger bent back the other way. The bone and tendon actually went to the bottom of my finger. I had to have surgery on it and they put a screw in it. They said the tendon was still attached to the little piece of bone. If you can imagine the tip of your finger being able to go up and down, that's the way it was. And it was sore, but surprisingly it didn't hurt all that much. Now, with a screw in my middle finger, when I flip the bird, I really mean "screw you!' HAHA!

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 11:20 AM ----------

As much as I love Cooooooooley i'd rather he sit out and get healthy instead of hurting himself. A 30% Cooley is nothing compared to the 100% one. :)

He's not been right. I'd put him on IR and let him heal the rest of the year.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 11:24 AM ----------

indefinitely?!? Are they serious?! What kind of team doctors do we have? Hopefully the team docs haven't Lavar'd his knee.

Broke my middle finger. I was not able to do anything for about 8 weeks, meaning not lifting heavy things. You don't know how valuable your fingers are until you break one.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 11:25 AM ----------

Interesting. If he needs surgery on it, they most likely have to use pins/screws to hold bones together. All the tape & pain-killer shots in the world aren't going to help when his finger folds backward b/c it has no structural integrity.

See my story in this post.

I know I may get blasted for this because of the Cooley man crushes (I like him but he has significantly regressed) but I am perfectly fine with him going out for an extended period of time - no I don't wish injuries. Paulsen is a much better blocker than Cooley and with the left side of our line in shambles this is a plus. Davis is the go-to guy out of the TE this year as Cooley doesn't seem to have the same swagger he use to - mostly due to slow recovering from past injury. I think him playing at the level he has is a good thing to get Paulsen in there for the majority of his snaps.

Can we just IR him already? The guy has been horrible since 2009. Okay, average at best.

I was murdered on here over the off season for staking claim on my stance about Fred Davis vs Chris Cooley, and now it seems that everyone has come around. Davis is the best tight end on this team. We should've traded Cooley years ago. Yeah, he's a great team guy, but he is too small now to play the TE2 (traditionally a blocking TE) and will likely be downgraded to the TE3 after this season if he's still even on the squad.

We need to stop living in the past. IR him, call up Eric Olsen, and let's move on with the franchise.

HAIL!

Can we just IR him already? The guy has been horrible since 2009. Okay, average at best.

I was murdered on here over the off season for staking claim on my stance about Fred Davis vs Chris Cooley, and now it seems that everyone has come around. Davis is the best tight end on this team. We should've traded Cooley years ago. Yeah, he's a great team guy, but he is too small now to

You probably got murdered because you make **** up. Cooley horrible since 2009? Bull****. In 2009, in only 7 games he had 29 catches and 2 TDs before breaking his ankle. That's good production, not "horrible." In 2010 he had 77 catches - second highest of his career, and 849, tied for highest in his career.

You can make the case for Fred Davis, but don't make **** up about Cooley to support your case.

It amazes me how quickly fans turn on our players to look for the shiny new thing. :doh:

Cooley is one of our longest tenured players, is a well respected guy in the locker room and someone who gives it his all.

I want him here for as long as he can be. When healthy, he's one of our most reliable offensive weapons. It's obvious he hasn't been healthy all season long, and his broken finger (which is kind of important when your job is to catch and block) makes things even harder.

I'm an eagles fan and wouldn't have the cajones to post something like this here with us sitting @ 2-4 after squeaking out a win against a team that threw FOUR interceptions and spotting the Eagles 20 points.

Hahha, my Philly buddy said the same, he was not even bragging, He said something about Hype vs. Tripe. Fish? I am not sure, but he was not secure in the win at all.

Damn Cooley. I personally hope he remains on the team for the rest of his career. The Davis/Cooley TE set is great to think about and has great potential. Knee issues are a major problem though, and it seems like they just never really go away.

Archived