Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its ok Defense you did ok

RichmondRedskin88

Hard to be mad at the Defense for not stopping them at the end. They fought hard and tried to keep us in the game when horrible mistakes were committed by the offense. Eagles were held scoreless in the second half which gave us hope. Good Job defense. Don't beat yourselves up about the 3rd and inches too much(especially since it didn't look like he got it)

Other than the first half, the defense had a very good game. 4 Interceptions will always kill you. The play of the game was after we picked Vince Young off at the 20 yard line and we gave the ball right back to Philly. We had an easy chance to get 7 there...It's ok though, we are still 3-2 on the season and have played all 3 division teams once and we are going to be in 2nd place no matter what at the end of today. Let's put this game behind us and beat the Panthers next week.

Did they?

They kept the Eagles to 20 points it's true. But let's look at the Eagles stats. 192 yards on the ground, with McCoy racking up 126, and Vick 54. They have a banged up O-line, and we get to Vick twice. They improved second half, but some of the tackling first half was utterly woeful. And when they needed to make a stop, they couldn't.

Now the offense takes it's major share of the blame for leaving them on the field so long. But let's not make out they did a good job overall.

Hail.

The defense was on the field all game, they did a great job only giving up 20 after that. Yes they couldn't stop Philly on the last drive but we had our chances before that to tie it. Not at all the defenses fault, Philly has an explosive offense and holding them to 20 points is very good. Especially considering they burned us for 59 last year..

Did they?

They kept the Eagles to 20 points it's true. But let's look at the Eagles stats. 192 yards on the ground, with McCoy racking up 126, and Vick 54. They have a banged up O-line, and we get to Vick twice. They improved second half, but some of the tackling first half was utterly woeful. And when they needed to make a stop, they couldn't.

Now the offense takes it's major share of the blame for leaving them on the field so long. But let's not make out they did a good job overall.

Hail.

I'll take a good second half over a good first half.

The D was much better than the O, but they bled badly as well. To Haslett's credit, and everyone knows my stance on him, the guy knows how to gameplan a defense... I just don't like his playcalling. He made great adjustments and the D, at the very least, kept us alive. They weren't great, they weren't bad. The offense was bad, and mostly due to one Rex Grossman.

This was one of those games where the offense made the defense look worse. When the offense actually started sustaining drives in the 2nd half, the defense was getting stops. It's tough to play D when the other team is winning the TOP battle 22-8 as was the case in the first half.

The D was heroic in pitching a shutout in the 2nd half though and at least giving us a chance to steal the win. Unfortunately we were hampered today by a horrific QB.

The D was much better than the O, but they bled badly as well. To Haslett's credit, and everyone knows my stance on him, the guy knows how to gameplan a defense... I just don't like his playcalling. He made great adjustments and the D, at the very least, kept us alive. They weren't great, they weren't bad. The offense was bad, and mostly due to one Rex Grossman.

I don't know. The playcalling didn't seem bad other than three or four plays. It was just bad recognition on that cutback. Each of the hundred times that they ran it.

Did they?

Hail.

They did a good job considering how Rex consistently trotted the offense off the field. We already knew the Eagles' offense can score points, so for the defense to hold them to 20 while Rex had 4 INTs is impressive.

Did they?

Hail.

They are one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL. They average 445 yards and 165 rushing avg. 25 pt average. I'd say our defense did pretty good especially for how long they played.

The defense was on the field all game, they did a great job only giving up 20 after that. Yes they couldn't stop Philly on the last drive but we had our chances before that to tie it. Not at all the defenses fault, Philly has an explosive offense and holding them to 20 points is very good. Especially considering they burned us for 59 last year..

Philly scored on 4 of their first 5 possessions, and they easily did. Looked like Blache's defense during the first half.

Thy fixed it on second half, but... You've got to play Four quarter in a game. Not just two.

The D did as well as could be expected in the first half with how little rest they got and how crappy of field position they were handed thanks to the offense.

The fact they pulled a shutout I the 2nd half was amazing.

Yes, the last drive sucked...but sadly expected from a gassed defense

Despite a rough start, the defense did enough to win today. Sometimes the offense needs a first down or two to help the defense out. Our offense did even worse than that...they turned the ball over. You knew coming into this game that you would have to score 27+ to win in all likelihood. As it turns out, a below NFL average of 21 points would have been enough.

Kind of amazing that the Skins keep struggling on offense every year with offensive-minded coaches over and over again.

The defense did okay, but not did not pay lights out.

The defense needed to lay the lumber on Michael Vick early and often. They need to stop Deshawn Joackon, and the running game. Instead, they gave up a number of ciritical big plays.

When they needed to rise to the challenge, they failed miserably.

And, the special teams played poorly.

I thought our D played stupidly. They were undisciplined in every phase of the game- in terms of both composure and technique. Haslett is lucky that he has a lot of talent to work with on this defense, with the exception of our CBs. I don't think that he schemes for opposing offenses, but rather just employs exotic blitzes according to the looks he receives. This makes Haslett's D very predictable.

Philly scored on 4 of their first 5 possessions, and they easily did. Looked like Blache's defense during the first half.

Thy fixed it on second half, but... You've got to play Four quarter in a game. Not just two.

Yeah but 20 points against an explosive offense is not that bad, we still should have found a way to score 20 points in this game. Lots of dropped passes killed us.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 09:51 PM ----------

-2 turnover margin and we still only lost by 7. I'm not terribly pissed at this loss. We have played 3 division games in our first 5 overall and we are 3-2. Let's rebound next week in Carolina and make it to 4-2 and take back first place.

I'm not putting the blame on the refs, but the call on Orakpo was a backbreaker. Trent's penalty was a dumbass decision on his part (having the Eagles on the three would have been a completely different game, too). But that call on Orakpo took the wind out of the defense. Changed it from, at worst, a down replayed to a first down out of the shadows.

Ever since number 59 has been here it seems the defense stays on the field longer than the offense during each game. The defense gets tired especially when facing a potent offense like Philly. When our offense could not get first downs in the first half, it seemed like our defense was on the field almost the entire half.

Archived