Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Hey Gabe...**** rhymes with snitch for a reason.   

his face is so punchable. 

if anybody from our crew dies due to that psycho-babble last night, I want to see Gabe burn.

Now they really are set up for some awesome moral ambiguity moving forward. Are there ****ed up people in Alexville? Sure. But one should assume there are plenty there who are "ok." But if Rick and his group come into serious conflict with competing interests (and carol is already moving in aggressively hostile activity without provocation IMV) , we could have our "good guys" killing perfectly good people as a result, and not necessarily all in the name of self-defense.

I can see Rick & Co. making some decisions that Deanna can't agree to and it coming down to "good people" dying at the hands of "good people." Which is not how most of us like it--we like to have it in our heads that "righteous people" (our side in whatever) are more or less killing "vermin" (the "bad people" in whatever).

Yeah I am really looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Its entirely possible that even though they are considered the good guys, Rick's group has just been out there too long and they aren't able to fit into any type of civilized society anymore. They made a point to show Glenn mentioning several times that they were almost out there too long...maybe they were. 

There were drunken wife beaters before the world went to hell and we didn't just kill them. It will be a shocking truth revealed for the group if that is what happens to the Doc, at least for Rick, Carol and any others that sanction it. 

I've said from the beginning that this season would show where the group is at in regards to their confidence and their abilities. It has definitely done that, they believe they can tackle any challenge and they do. Any single one of them can step into a leadership role and run things effectively. Like Maggie said, they know what they are doing. They are all alphas now pretty much. What I didn't expect was that the season would show the other side of that, what they lost in themselves in order to get to that level of competence, which seems to be the ability to be normal. They don't belong in a place like this..at least not with group outsiders. 

That's not to say that the community members don't have their hand clean from blame but seeing how this plays out over the next two episodes is going to be very revealing about Rick & company moving forward imo. 

My girlfriend was kinda joking last night (I took it as a joke anyway, lol) and said: "watch the wife be the one who's beating the little boy".

That'd be a crazy revelation though. Rick kills the "alcoholic, abusive husband/father and it turns out that the wife was the bad guy all along.

My girlfriend was kinda joking last night (I took it as a joke anyway, lol) and said: "watch the wife be the one who's beating the little boy".

That'd be a crazy revelation though. Rick kills the "alcoholic, abusive husband/father and it turns out that the wife was the bad guy all along.

I like that idea a lot actually. 

Kid said the gun wasn't for him and looked kind of embarrassed to say who it was for. I'm going with the abusive husband theory. 

Its definitely the husband.

Clue 1) Odd behavior toward Rick after his wife cut Ricks hair. He's jealous

Clue 2)He's an alcoholic

Clue 3) His son wearily asks for a gun

Clue 4) He got very defensive when Carol asked about his son and his wife.

Here's the conundrum though... Tara is in bad shape. So they will either put off killing him, or face a situation where they kill him, but also allow let Tara die.

They also know that Gabe is plotting (Maggie will surely tell them), so they may have to play ball a little, and get the lady on their side, finding a way to subtely expose Gabe for the fraud he is

Edit, or they may scheme, and get the boy to kill his father

Why did they show four graves in the preview for next week's episode? Noah and the son of Deanna. That's two. What were the other two? Graves that were previously there? They looked pretty fresh.

Well Tara is near death. Maybe the abusive husband has an "accident". I was initially thinking the wuss guy from the warehouse who tried to leave them, but I figured theyd execute him and bury him in a different era

I guess it's a good thing the comunity decided they were all going to be Catholic and had the proper attire.

Missed the deeper message, what was it?

In one of the previous episodes, he burns his preacher attire after Maggie cuts him off during some proselytizing and reminds him that he abandoned his congregation and doesnt get to just forget about it.

In that same episode he turns his eyes skyward and says, O God please forgive me.

It seemed like he was finally facing the truth and focusing less on preaching and more on atoning for his own sins.

Then he gets to Alexandria, puts on a new preacher suit, and its like the opposite of the Superman cape -- it instantly turns him back into a pathetic, judgemental, holier-than-thou hypocrite.

Its like he thinks the preacher suit shields him for judgement and allows him alone to decide who/what is good.

I thought the symbolism was obvious, am I wrong here? I also think that the writers clearly have a bone to pick with organized churches. I dont think it's a mistake that the most hateable, spineless, judgemental, sniveling creep on this show is a preacher. The preacher attire helps us associate Gabriels craptastic ways with his position as a church leader.

I also don't think that it is a coincidence that, Maggies father was the most moral character on this show, and a true believing Christian, yet he never is shown proselytizing or judging anybody. I dont think he was officially a church leader, he sure as hell wasnt interested in reminding everybody of it like Gabriel constantly does.

The symbolism shows that Gabriel clearly dons his preacher attire not out if any true desire to serve God but more to remind people that he is a "holy man" and thereby secure his position in society despite the fact that he is clearly uselessand in no position to judge anyone.

Its definitely the husband.

Clue 1) Odd behavior toward Rick after his wife cut Ricks hair. He's jealous

Clue 2)He's an alcoholic

Clue 3) His son wearily asks for a gun

Clue 4) He got very defensive when Carol asked about his son and his wife.

Not saying that I believe that it's the wife/mom but these could be explained to point to her. I think it's kind of a stretch but not impossible.

1.) He could just be a jealous husband who doesn't like his wife flirting with another man.

2.) He could drink in order to deal with his abusive wife.

3.) His son could be asking for a gun for protection from his abusive mom.

4.) He could be trying to hide the fact that his wife is crazy. He did tell Rick that the people of Alexandria have lost things and they're trying to hold onto others. Maybe his family is the other thing that he's trying to keep together so he hides his wife's abuse from the others.

Two things that could also point to the mom.

1.) What battered woman would flirt with a man at a party, in front of her abusive husband?

2.) Why would the son break something that his mom is working on if he's mad or upset at his dad?

Why would the son break something that he and his mom are working on if he's mad at his dad?

It is a rather common reaction....you certainly don't break dad's stuff.

in fact if his dad dislikes her doing the sculpture, it is even more likely the kid would destroy it.(till we reach a different stage)

It is a rather common reaction....you certainly don't break dad's stuff.

in fact if his dad dislikes her doing the sculpture, it is even more likely the kid would destroy it.(till we reach a different stage)

Good call. That makes sense.

The others make some sense (in my mind anyway) at least.

Archived