Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I see Rick as a villain. He's passed Shane on the evil meter but hasn't reached the governors. His character operates entirely in self interest even at the cost of lives and he's insane. The picking up the backpack to me was just another example of his callous nature. When the guys alive he makes a point of abandoning him. Once he dies horribly, he goes back to take his stuff.

extremely. the guy is such a good actor, dont tease us and not bring him back.

we have what...4 episodes left this season? time for Morgan to either come his senses and make his way to the prison to help fight...or they might have to fall back to his building if they lose the war.

How awesome would it be for everyone in the prison to be surrounded, pinned down and out of ammo. Theres like 5 guys from Woodbury left and they come in for the kill.... only to be sniped by Morgan one by one.

I see Rick as a villain. He's passed Shane on the evil meter but hasn't reached the governors. His character operates entirely in self interest even at the cost of lives and he's insane. The picking up the backpack to me was just another example of his callous nature. When the guys alive he makes a point of abandoning him. Once he dies horribly, he goes back to take his stuff.

It's an interesting point -- they are similar, but I don't think Rick is as deranged as The Governor. Rick doesn't have a Wall of Heads, or his zombie-daughter locked up.

I would say the main difference is the treatment of Merle and Morgan. Rick cared for Morgan -- Rick recognized who he was and what he had done for him. He couldn't rob him blind and leave him for dead. Conversely, The Governor threw Merle under the bus after Rick and Co. rescued Glen and the sweet-assed Maggie. He did so to maintain the illusion of control and order. Merle was his scapegoat and nothing more.

Rick protects his crew, the Governor will toss anyone under the bus to maintain his control.

Exactly. Rick is far from a villain in my opinion.

The small group that made it's way into the prison is exactly why, in this world, you do not stick your hand out to just anyone. There were the two that were more than willing to kill Carl and Carol to take their weapons.

I know a lot of people had supposed that the shooter could be Morgan, but bad form for them to spoil it through the recap scenes before the episode. Referencing Morgan there was completely unnecessary and made it obvious that's who the shooter was the moment he came on screen.

Really good episode.

I know a lot of people had supposed that the shooter could be Morgan, but bad form for them to spoil it through the recap scenes before the episode. Referencing Morgan there was completely unnecessary and made it obvious that's who the shooter was the moment he came on screen.

Really good episode.

Yea I knew for sure that the shooter was Morgan when it showed the flashback of Rick on the walkie

That has got to be the best episode so far. The depth and layers to that story could be explored for days...

---------- Post added March-4th-2013 at 02:04 PM ----------

Avoiding the hitchhiker seems like a callous, heartless thing on the surface... but think about what their mission was.

They were travelling to the police depot to gather weapons and ammo. 1.) Why in the world would he want anyone but M to know where that was? 2.) They needed the space in the car for weapons and supplies. Anyone else would have just been a liability and in the way and who knows what kind of mental stability the guy had. The fact that he was attacked and eaten by zombies within 24 hrs shows that he simply didn't have much to offer as far as survival skills are concerned.

I don't think Rick was self-centered in his decision... he could tell immediately the guy wasn't worth getting involved with. Additionally, they made a point to show M and Rick arguing over Morgan. She wanted to leave, Rick wanted to stay and somewhat recruit Morgan b/c he knew he was a good person.

Very powerful episode and well done. I agree, I don't think this will be the last we see of Morgan. And I hope it's not the last - Lennie James does an amazing job in this role.

The hitch-hiker was a very telling angle of the world they now live in. They grow cold and heartless to people they don't know at this point and are in ultimate survival mode. Though I must admit, after they paid him no mind the first 2 times, I was expecting the hitch-hiker to show up at some point in the episode (or a future one) and try to sabotage things, haha! But how they handled it, worked.

Not helping is not abandoning ....not like he kicked him out of the car

he has become practical and focused on protecting those he cares about....practical is ugly

But he's done that too, he's kicked people out of the prison. All while ignoring the fact that half of his new group is from the farm which didnt throw him out. What he's done is not practical, he's gone from surviving to actively making enemies. I think he's gone full on Shane mode.

Contrast him with Daryl that put his life on the line to help the group on the bridge.

But he's done that too, he's kicked people out of the prison. All while ignoring the fact that half of his new group is from the farm which didnt throw him out. What he's done is not practical, he's gone from surviving to actively making enemies. I think he's gone full on Shane mode.

Contrast him with Daryl that put his life on the line to help the group on the bridge.

the group at the prison would likely have been allowed to stay w/o his vision/mental break

Daryl has gone maternal (with some mental issues of his own)

they had a baby

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjQ89NDCfFLmiBr2L66xILuNUCwW3gQvfe3QcIvJnRbwh-uJao

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd6XoYqUmFsHZC0qx7qaiuAr0XzIOCTGS3zOE1kOo7wEFrWryx

Rick's a dick. Leaving poor backpack dude to get eaten... and I still dont get it... they are OUTNUMBERED by the Woodbury gang like 5-1, maybe 10-1. they need bodies! and not dead ones. The baby cant fight.

I can understand leaving Morgan to his rat traps but the guy with the biggest back pack ever looked spry - he could run fast.

But, a great episode and I sure hope Morgan becomes a regular character. Ever since Jericho, that dude has been bad ass.

4 episiodes left. thats a bummer.

But, a great episode and I sure hope Morgan becomes a regular character. Ever since Jericho, that dude has been bad ass.

yeah i love that guy. He recently was on an HBO show called "hung," where he played a pimp. it was awesome :ols:

With regards to the hitchhiker, you can't stop and pick him up. He could be a decoy for an armed assault rushing out of the woods. And seeing that he was alone, and dead, and eaten, he wouldn't need that backpack anymore.

I immediately thought he was some kind of decoy or scout or something from Woodbury.

charlie the pimp :ols:

hes got to come back, right? no way theyd reintroduce his character (who a lot of people really like) only for one episode. and the 4 survivors left to go to Woodbury, so our group needs a new black guy :ols:

they are similar, but I don't think Rick is as deranged as The Governor. Rick doesn't have a Wall of Heads, or his zombie-daughter locked up.

I would say the main difference is the treatment of Merle and Morgan. Rick cared for Morgan -- Rick recognized who he was and what he had done for him. He couldn't rob him blind and leave him for dead. Conversely, The Governor threw Merle under the bus after Rick and Co. rescued Glen and the sweet-assed Maggie. He did so to maintain the illusion of control and order. Merle was his scapegoat and nothing more.

Rick protects his crew, the Governor will toss anyone under the bus to maintain his control.

You make good points. Rick is a little unhinged but still has a good heart. The Governor on the other hand......

Too bad for the hiker but otherwise really liked Sunday night's episode.

You make good points. Rick is a little unhinged but still has a good heart. The Governor on the other hand......

Too bad for the hiker but otherwise really liked Sunday night's episode.

I did too -- I love, love this season. And there are still 4 or 5 episodes left...

arming someone you don't know or trust is risky business....especially if they are behind you

Numbers are safety. The risk of not increasing the size of the group greatly exceed that of doing otherwise. Compare the relative safety of the governors town versus the much more heavily fortified prison. Rick's group, because of their low numbers, are unable to specialize. Instead of having dedicated guards they are all busy gathering supplies and tending to basic needs. Rick is not only allowing his own numbers to dwindle, he's actively creating enemies, and has no vision/plan for the future.

Archived