Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: Where child sacrifice is a business

China

The ultimate judgment of God on their life as to whether or not they will be condemned before God is God's right alone, that is true, but...and this is a big BUT, to not pass judgment on child slavery, child sacrifice, bonded slavery, elderly abuse is absurd. Evil is evil, and it needs to be called what it is.

We are all evil, judge not lest thee be judged. You are not worthy. I am by far not saying it is right, I am saying though that no sin is greater or lesser than my own. Therefore I am not worthy of passing judgement. Mankind was born into sin and one sin is not greater or lesser. Do the best you can to change this travesty or any of the tavesties mentioned, but don't pass judgement. Remember this is a story being told by a man.

---------- Post added October-12th-2011 at 01:40 PM ----------

I think there's a couple things we can all agree on here: This phenomena is caused by white people, more specifically white americans. And white americans do much, much worse things themselves. Carry on.

Ignorance is color blind. You carry on.

I think there's a couple things we can all agree on here: This phenomena is caused by white people, more specifically white americans. And white americans do much, much worse things themselves. Carry on.

If you're trolling then well done, if not then specifics are going to be needed, afterall it's not fair to make judgments upon comparisons where you're keeping secret what they are being compared to.

The ultimate judgment of God on their life as to whether or not they will be condemned before God is God's right alone, that is true, but...and this is a big BUT, to not pass judgment on child slavery, child sacrifice, bonded slavery, elderly abuse is absurd. Evil is evil, and it needs to be called what it is.

How about we all go kill them, does that make us right? How about the people getting abortions should we kill them also? How about the Gays? Kill them? There is only one judgement, not an ultimate one, but just one. My pedastal is not taller than yours nor is it taller than my enemies.

I personally hate child abuse, I think it is one of the worst abuses that exist. I try and be a good father, but I am not perfect nor close. Lord knows I love my children but I strive to be a better example, that is a work in progress with varying degrees of accomplishments and setbacks.

We are all evil, judge not lest thee be judged. You are not worthy.

That is an awful interpretation of that passage, Jesus wasn't saying that we wouldn't be able to tell what is and isn't sin, because if you actually finished quoting that verse you'll see that he says, "for the measure you use will be used against you. What's more is Jesus repeatedly stated that we will know people by the fruit they bear, and in order to do that we have to be able to judge between good and bad fruit, to think otherwise is immature.

I am by far not saying it is right, I am saying though that no sin is greater or lesser than my own.

Sure it is, now if you're talking about the sinful nature that we all have before God then yes, but if you don't think that child murder is a greater sin than say lying then you really need to re-evaluate how you understand sin.

Therefore I am not worthy of passing judgement.

You are only unable to pass judgment upon the soul of the other.

Mankind was born into sin and one sin is not greater or lesser.

That again is a misunderstanding of sin, yes they all make us guilty before God, but not all sin is equal in consequence.

Do the best you can to change this travesty or any of the tavesties mentioned, but don't pass judgement. Remember this is a story being told by a man.

Watch this, child sacrifice is EVIL and I pass judgment upon it as evil, and may God have mercy upon those who do it, and may God deliver the victims from their hands.

---------- Post added October-12th-2011 at 02:00 PM ----------

How about we all go kill them, does that make us right? How about the people getting abortions should we kill them also? How about the Gays? Kill them? There is only one judgement, not an ultimate one, but just one. My pedastal is not taller than yours nor is it taller than my enemies.

How absurd! Who said ANYTHING about killing them in response, you create an infantile false dichotomy as if there are only two options "not judge their sin" or "kill them", how immature.

I personally hate child abuse, I think it is one of the worst abuses that exist.

On what grounds do you hate it? You cannot because you supposedly cannot judge.

As much as I can't stand the "send us money so you'll be blessed" folks on TV there IS a huge difference between them and someone who goes out and kidnaps a child and kills that child as a sacrifice so someone else can get rich, and if you can't see that there is a massive difference between them then you would do well to take off your blinders.

The very fact you have to say this is jaw droppingly baffling to me.

On an entirely universal level, are we just that screwed?

And on another level, you fight your good fight ASF. All respect.

~Bang

We are all evil, judge not lest thee be judged. You are not worthy. I am by far not saying it is right, I am saying though that no sin is greater or lesser than my own. Therefore I am not worthy of passing judgement. Mankind was born into sin and one sin is not greater or lesser. Do the best you can to change this travesty or any of the tavesties mentioned, but don't pass judgement. Remember this is a story being told by a man.

entrepreneur.jpg?w=640&h=392&crop=1

dude, you need to make sure you recite that verse in context, and not paraphrasing. it leads to people saying what they think it means....when they don't understand what it means.

I personally hate child abuse, I think it is one of the worst abuses that exist. I try and be a good father, but I am not perfect nor close. Lord knows I love my children but I strive to be a better example, that is a work in progress with varying degrees of accomplishments and setbacks.

where are you pulling all of this from? who is going to kill who? why is that the only solution? You are talking about one sin not being greater than another, all well and true according to God, but there are punishments relative to the crime committed here on earth, without law there is chaos.

http://carm.org/shall-we-obey-gods-law-or-human-law

Every time I read one of these stories about how prevalent the belief in witchcraft is in Africa, I wonder just how the hell the world is supposed to deal with such unbelievable ignorance?

Africa is an unfixable problem, IMO. You simply can't make strides in trying to end all the problems of the continent in the face of that.

Education,, sure, I gues. Aid? Never gets where it is supposed to go. Money? Makes warlords, not much else.

How the **** does the modern world pull the anchor that is Africa from the neck of progress?

~Bang

It really is shocking what goes on there.

My wife traveled to Uganda and Tanzania many times as a teacher. Her primary job was to teach other adults how to teach deaf and/or blind children how to survive the world. I had no problem with her going to Tanzania but Uganda made me very worried.

Before I share some really bizarre stories about the country... anyone who doesn't know about the culture of Africa needs to know that for the most part... everything they do is seen as completely normal amongst each other. They are at the root, acceptable cultural norms. However, people from outside the continent have been coming in a lot lately to teach them the errors of their ways but are doing so in a respectable way. These people are not dumb. They simply don't know any better.

My wife once traveled to a village to meet a family who had a child born deaf and blind. When she got there, she didn't see the child with the rest of the family. They took my wife to the animal pen and there was the child, kept in a hole that was covered over. The child was so filthy and ill and had bugs under the flesh. It was disturbing. To the family, leaving the child with the animals was completely acceptable, considering the child had no ability to communicate or navigate the world normally. Also, a child like that was considered worthless and left with the animals and was fed just like the animals. Sadly, there was nothing that could be done about the child b/c the child was in such a bad way, survival was next to impossible and there was no place to take the child anyway. For all we know, the child has died by now. And sadly, this isn't an isolated incident. It's all across the country and other countries.

The government, with the help of the western world and Europe, has created orphanages for these children. That's essentially where my wife came into the picture. She trains the people who work at these orphanages.

Another story is about a number of albino teenagers my wife worked with in Tanzania. Some people can be born albino and also suffer from blindness, being deaf or both. So she works with them a lot. Sadly, in many parts of Africa where witchcraft is strong, albino children are in high demand for their hands and feet that are used in spells. There are a lot of albino people in Africa who are missing hands and feet. The blind and deaf albinos have it very difficult b/c they cannot use sign language to communicate. While on a trip a few years ago, my wife was lucky enough to witness a huge government and church sponsored event raising awareness to the fact that albinos are no different than other people and that witchcraft is not real. Believe it or not, it is very difficult to convince many of the villagers that witchcraft is not real.

There are many, many, many other stories I could tell about the trips my wife took to Africa, some of which I wish I could forget. I rest a little bit easier knowing that my wife made a difference in a few villages and that there are MANY people from around the world who go there to spread education. Africa has a long way to go...

It really is shocking what goes on there.

Dude, I feel your pain....trust me, Kenya is just as bad as Uganda. The people in this country (America) have no idea..

The outreach that I travel with over there has started quite a few orphanges over there, maybe some near where your wife was at...they can be found here:

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7hrq3JVOvnYANVNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyaWZhMzUyBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA0g0NjVfODA-/SIG=11rctigki/EXP=1318473066/**http%3a//www.touchtheworldministries.com/

Nobody's moral relativism extends that far. Even the most calloused, hard-hearted people and the most open-minded and tolerant people can agree that "Human sacrifice of small children" crosses the line that we need to say "Ok, that's ****ed up and needs to stop." And as ASF pointed out, the false dichotomy of "kill them all or don't judge them" is misguided at best and fatally nihilistic at worst.

And please stop taking that quote out of context. Here's the first few verses of Matthew 7 (KJV)

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

So sure, we should refrain from judging those who commit child sacrifice. At least, if we're also engaged in it. Otherwise these verses do not apply to this situation any more than it does to looking down upon child slavery, terror bombings, mass genocide, etc. Otherwise you speaking ill of child abusers just makes you a hypocrite as well.

If you're trolling then well done, if not then specifics are going to be needed, afterall it's not fair to make judgments upon comparisons where you're keeping secret what they are being compared to.

I was actually being sarcastic, which could be considered by some to be "trolling" since we don't seem to a have nice little "sarcasm" smiley. I see far too many arguments around here that result in this conclusion. It almost seems like a starting point now. We'll assume that it's white americans (more specifically rich white americans) somehow causing the problem (albeit indirectly), and see how we can work our way back from that conclusion.

I'm thinking on this one, based on the reference to the "boom" in the economy coinciding with the sacrafical practice, that capitalism has warped the previously well-mannered minds of these people. The free market should have left them alone.

I was actually being sarcastic, which could be considered by some to be "trolling" since we don't seem to a have nice little "sarcasm" smiley. I see far too many arguments around here that result in this conclusion. It almost seems like a starting point now. We'll assume that it's white americans (more specifically rich white americans) somehow causing the problem (albeit indirectly), and see how we can work our way back from that conclusion.

I'm thinking on this one, based on the reference to the "boom" in the economy coinciding with the sacrafical practice, that capitalism has warped the previously well-mannered minds of these people. The free market should have left them alone.

I honestly don't even know where to start on how ****ed up this whole comment is.

im pretty sure that this method is how conspiracy theorists are born.

The very fact you have to say this is jaw droppingly baffling to me.

Why? The evangelists that drive me batty are the one's who promise blessings in response for offerings, in short, buying God's blessings, that's not Biblical. Offerings are and always have been about returning a portion of what God has given. There is a HUGE difference there.

And on another level, you fight your good fight ASF. All respect.

~Bang

Thank you.

im pretty sure that this method is how conspiracy theorists are born.

Well, take a look at the first 10-15 replies to the OP (which is where I stopped readinng and shot off my post). The issue was quickly changed from "african citizens sacraficing children" to "americans engaged in the sex slave trade, americans killing unborn children, and american televangelists ripping people off." All red herrings, of course, but seems to be standard operationg procedure here.

Well, take a look at the first 10-15 replies to the OP (which is where I stopped readinng and shot off my post). The issue was quickly changed from "african citizens sacraficing children" to "americans engaged in the sex slave trade, americans killing unborn children, and american televangelists ripping people off." All red herrings, of course, but seems to be standard operationg procedure here.

these things happen all over, in one form or another, by people of all races. humanity is flawed; we make mistakes. i think you know that.

Ok, what kind of conversation do you want to have regarding witch doctors sacrificing children for profit? Do you think you're going to get folks defending the practice? After everyone pokes into the thread and says, "Oh wow, that's sick." What do you want people to say?

So you're trying to tell me that abortion and people killing children b/c they belive it will bring them wealth and whatever other kind of crap these witch doctors tell them is the same??

They are both insane, barbaric practices. Abortion is all too often an economic choice because the "parents" don't think they can provide for the kid so they think that they are better off dead.

Archived