Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Eagles Predictions for Week 5

braindx

Redskins 24

Eagles 20

-Good news is this:

WR Anthony Armstrong was on the field Monday but remains limited with the hamstring injury that caused him to miss the game before the bye. "He practiced what he could ... I didn't ask him to push anything until Wednesday," Shanahan said. "But I feel like there's a good chance" that Armstrong will play against Philadelphia. ...

Redskins two TDs on offense, one TD by the Special Teams (Brandon Banks on a Punt Return), and two Gano field goals.

Eagles, two TDs on offense, three field goals.

Redskins 27

Eagles 23

It'll be a fight, the Eagles will be scratching like a dying rat, but well eventually find the throat and step on it.

Hail!

My predictions haven't been right each week, but my feelings have been spot-on with the exception of opening weekend vs. the Giants. I have a bad feeling about Sunday...not necessarily anything negative about us, but more that the Eagles will stop committing odd mistakes.

I think they just straight-up outscore us in this one. I think we'll play OK and have some success on the ground. In the end though, they'll make more explosive plays which (without 3-5 turnovers) will be enough to win the game.

Eagles 30

Redskins 21

I think we can only win this game if Good Rex shows up and we can score!

What I hope to see.

The running game goes. I've watched the Eagles LB's and I am sure we can run straight at em and move the ball. Key is when faced with a long 3rd down in at least 1 series in the drive we need Cooley and Davis to keep it alive. Run and 2 tight end sets

Play a Tampa 2 defense...take away the long ball AT ALL COSTS...don't drop coverage on a scramble..let the LB's handle that...keep coverage deep and disicplined Make em work on long drives

Kerrigan and Rak need to be jacked up but contain Vic inside the hashes..let Cofield push the middle..The Eagles Oline is THE weakness...PRESURE and HIT VICK on every play

Take away the scramble and the deep throw off the scramble...keep it at 20 tards or less and make em drive at least 7 series...

On offense..we RUN the ball..keep Vick off the field..throw outs to the TE's to keep drives going with an occasional deep ball to keep them out of the box.

Skins 17 eagles 14 with the Defense making the stop in the last drive.

I WISH for a beat down like there never was...Landry avenging Jackson's hot dogging last year with a crushing hit...put Vick out when he scrambles...PAIN TIME...

That game last year was painful...This team better be jacked for a payback to knock em out of contention...WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY TO REDEEM THAT GAME!!!!

This team better be jacked for a payback to knock em out of contention...WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY TO REDEEM THAT GAME!!!!

it really is an opportunity, but not just to knock them out of contention.. it will send them into a downward spiral for years (imo) if we blow them out. they will be reeling with no leader on offense or defense, stuck with big contracts and the inablility to sign people they need elsewhere.

it will be awesome.

It's like some of you haven't watched the eagles play at all this season. I don't care how "explosive" their offense you simply can't fix stupid in one week. Stupid on both sides. For a team that was supposed to have a golden ticket to the super bowl, they aren't going to be anymore desperate than they were after the first four losses. They can't tackle for ****, and theyve been a turnover machine.

28-17 Skins

I have an additional prediction...

If we win this game, whether it's 2-0, 45-3, or 51-48, this town (me included) will be ecstatic. For us to sit at 4-1 having won games against the Giants and Eagles would be unbelievable. We'd have so much momentum going into a 2-game road trip that we basically just need to split to keep pace with the rest of the NFC East.

I have an additional prediction...

If we win this game, whether it's 2-0, 45-3, or 51-48, this town (me included) will be ecstatic. For us to sit at 4-1 having won games against the Giants and Eagles would be unbelievable. We'd have so much momentum going into a 2-game road trip that we basically just need to split to keep pace with the rest of the NFC East.

As a young Redskins fan, if we can win this game, it will probably be the most excited I've been since we beat Tampa in the playoffs. (even more excited than Zorn's 6-2 start)

Archived