Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Eagles Predictions for Week 5

braindx

I hate to say it, but I think the Eagles have an edge in this one. They are desperate, this is an NFC East game, and it would be huge if they go down to us this week. It would be very hard for them to bounce back to win the division if they lose this one. Statistically, they've been off the charts on offense, and that frightens me. If they decide to play this game like their whole season depends on a win, and the 'Skins don't answer, the Eagles will win easily. If the 'Skins can force the Eagles to make errors like they have been, then they have a chance.

On the 'Skins side, I think this is a defining game. It will tell all of us fans who have lived through the glory years if Shanny and Co. are for real and if good things are in store for the future. I felt the Dallas game was such a game, and the 'Skins failed when facing an opponent that was beaten up and whose QB was maligned all the previous week. They need to step us this week and show the world that they are for real and one of the best teams in the NFL, or that they are still one or two years away.

I hope the 'Skins win, but my gut tells me that the Eagles are the more desperate team and win this one easily: 34-17. Prove me wrong, 'Skins!!!

i know some of these posts are bad jokes, (e.g. skins 70, eagles 0) but, anyone thinks the skins score more than 21 is nuts. our offense is so damn inconsistent.

our lack of scoring int he redzone and rex's mistakes are gonna kill us.

our D will keep it close for a little while but we won't be able to hang the entire game.

sucks

This is unfortunately the first loss I am predicting for the skins (we should have won that damn cowboy game!)

24-17 Eagles over the skins.

This game has bad written all over it. The Eagles are in a must win situation and their speed presents a very bad match up for Redskins. I'm not even entirely sure that Kyle Shanahan will move away from stretch running plays against their defense and pound the middle.

i know some of these posts are bad jokes, (e.g. skins 70, eagles 0) but, anyone thinks the skins score more than 21 is nuts. our offense is so damn inconsistent.

our lack of scoring int he redzone and rex's mistakes are gonna kill us.

our D will keep it close for a little while but we won't be able to hang the entire game.

sucks

One more year man.

We went D heavy to great affect this past off season.

Next we get to address the O with some heavy hitters.

All in stages,

Hail.

This is unfortunately the first loss I am predicting for the skins (we should have won that damn cowboy game!)

24-17 Eagles over the skins.

This game has bad written all over it. The Eagles are in a must win situation and their speed presents a very bad match up for Redskins. I'm not even entirely sure that Kyle Shanahan will move away from stretch running plays against their defense and pound the middle.

Eagles were in a must win last week. They are toast. We should wreck them. They are in Zorn's second season mode.

I'm not even entirely sure that Kyle Shanahan will move away from stretch running plays against their defense and pound the middle.

You know, I wondered about this. You would think that stretch plays won't succeed vs. the Wide Nine I keep hearing about. We seem to run some quick-hitting/up-the-middle plays whenever Helu is in there so I'm hoping we lean on those in this match up. I guess we'll see.

I cant get a feel for this game

Eagles are like an animal backed into a corner. If they score first it could ignite them. Go down by 10 pts or so and they may cave for the season, We remember last years loss and than should fire us up, but we never play that great coming off a bye. I hope we stayed focused

I know we better guard on Jackson long down the middle on the opening play, I would bet they repeat on the opening play again

I cant get a feel for this game

Eagles are like an animal backed into a corner. If they score first it could ignite them. Go down by 10 pts or so and they may cave for the season, We remember last years loss and than should fire us up, but we never play that great coming off a bye. I hope we stayed focused

I know we better guard on Jackson long down the middle on the opening play, I would bet they repeat on the opening play again

Or we can just win the coin toss.

Man, there are a lot of WUSSIES (they call themselves "realists" :ols: ) with no faith in their team on this thread. Not only predicting a loss, but many predicting a blowout loss. :rolleyes: :doh:

Everyone talking about how awesomely explosive the Eagles offense is seems to forget that we are probably the best defense they have faced up to this point.

If the Eagles come in here ****y thinking this is the same 'D' they rolled up 59 on last year (as apparently a lot of you faithless are concluding), and the Redskins will be an easy win to get healthy on, they are going to be in for a shock.

Believe in your team........I say 24-20 Skins :logo:

Last years blowout has me mentally scarred for this game. I can't help but think we'll get easily beaten 34-20.

However' date=' I hope that is just the bad memories over ruling what I really think, Skins win 24-20. :ols:[/quote']

no **** man ... I'm about as pessimistic as pessimistic gets for this game. Rex is a house of cards ... he is a disaster waiting to happen.Banks all of the sudden strikes fear in no one. Armstrong, our only verticle threat is hobbled.

Our D can only hold on for so long ... i have a feeling they will be nails for a few quarters and then our O will sabotage their efforts.

i'm sorry dudes, i usually can find a glimmer of hope, but i'm in the dumps about this one. this is a major gut check game and we usually fail in these instances. It is plain and simple, philly wants this and needs this more than us.

That would be AWESOME!

When was the last time we saw that play to result in a TD?

I'm thinking way back in Gibbs first go-around. The '91 season maybe with Ryp?

Hail.

I don't think I have ever seen the Redskins attempt a flea flicker since I have been a fan.

Edit: that I can remember :silly:

no **** man ... I'm about as pessimistic as pessimistic gets for this game. Rex is a house of cards ... he is a disaster waiting to happen.Banks all of the sudden strikes fear in no one. Armstrong, our only verticle threat is hobbled.

Our D can only hold on for so long ... i have a feeling they will be nails for a few quarters and then our O will sabotage their efforts.

i'm sorry dudes, i usually can find a glimmer of hope, but i'm in the dumps about this one. this is a major gut check game and we usually fail in these instances. It is plain and simple, philly wants this and needs this more than us.

Yep, this game will go a long way towards seeing if we are real this year or not.

In fact, it's been this way for the past 3 games... Dallas, Rams, Philly..

So I've been keeping track of how we are doing (as a whole) prediction wise in the previous threads.

I am an Statistics Analyst and I am pretty sure this is the most exciting thing I have ever seen!!!! AMAZING!

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 11:03 PM ----------

24 17 Skins

Archived