Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Eagles Predictions for Week 5

braindx

No offense, but these threads are kind of corny. I mean, every week probably 90% of the posters here predict we'll win. What's the point? You always have the homers, that would pick us to win every single game. Then you have the ones that don't necessarily think we'll win, but still pick us to win, as to not come off as being less of a fan for having picked against their team.

No offense, but these threads are kind of corny. I mean, every week probably 90% of the posters here predict we'll win. What's the point?

The point is the same with all the threads to spark conversation and perhaps someone will say something of worth and you learn something new....But yes, beyond entertaining ourselves with the how close we can pick them this thread is not going to tell us much apart from what we already know. I'm a big fan of the statistics though;

maybe we can bust out some Z scores for next week

I predict:

Eagles 23

Skins 27

(at least one of our TDs will be from our DEF....hopefully)

The last time I can remember was during the Norv Turner era.

In reply to Gibbs Hog Heaven.

You may well be right Mike. I was thinking we'd have to go back to Joe's first go-around, but Norv was pretty darn inventive when he wanted to be too.

Prediction: We are about to witness the beginning of the Leonard Hankerson era.

Man I sincerely hope your right. The sooner he's active and experiencing everything that goes with a live action game day in the pro's the better. Dudes got serious talent.

No offense, but these threads are kind of corny. I mean, every week probably 90% of the posters here predict we'll win. What's the point? You always have the homers, that would pick us to win every single game. Then you have the ones that don't necessarily think we'll win, but still pick us to win, as to not come off as being less of a fan for having picked against their team.

Just smile and wave man and roll with it.

Just a silly fan thing that passes the week.

Hail.

Tough, close game. I haven't really made a prediction all year, but what the hell. I think our redzone woes continue, but we kick alot of FGs and control the ball on the ground with Torain/Helu. I think the defense plays well enough to force some turnovers and we win a close one, 26-24.

Gano hits 4 FGs, the last one with 1:30 left in the game from 35 yards out and Philly tries to get into FG position, but Vick throws a pick on our 40 and each and every one of us have 10 years taken off our life.

Of course it's corny. But it's also fun too and might as well make something out of nothing when we are all salivating for games throughout the week.

Only reason I'm doing it is I like to see this kinda thing and it doesn't take much to compile scores into excel and have it spit out the numbers

Well, here they are:

Game 5: 96 Total, 62 Redskins win, 34 Eagles win

Predicted scores:

Redskins: 23.5 +/- 6.9 (95% confidence interval is 9.7 to 37.3 points)

Eagles: 23.1 +/- 7.9 (95% confidence interval is 7.3 to 38.9 points)

Very close average predicted score even though about 2x more redskins victory predictions than Eagles. Which means Redskins fans tended to predict a close victory and the fans who predicted the Eagles to win predicted moderate to blowout victories.

Archived