Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

deadspin.com: Andy Reid Has Lost Philadelphia

Eagles fans don't really know how good they've had it under Reid, winning the NFC East almost every year. Get ready to go back to decades of suckage again, Eagles fans.

A lot of their success came earlier in the decade when the rest of the NFC East was absolutely awful.

From 2000-2004, the Eagles won four division titles. The rest of the NFC East during this time had three combined playoff births.

From 2005 on, however, they've only won the division twice. The rest of the NFC East, meanwhile, has had nine combined playoff births.

The Eagles are/were a well run franchise but a lot of their success was because their division was just really bad.

A lot of their success came earlier in the decade when the rest of the NFC East was absolutely awful.

From 2000-2004, the Eagles won four division titles. The rest of the NFC East during this time had three combined playoff births.

From 2005 on, however, they've only won the division twice. The rest of the NFC East, meanwhile, has had nine combined playoff births.

The Eagles are/were a well run franchise but a lot of their success was because their division was just really bad.

I have always thought this as well. The Eagles benefited from not just the weakest point our division had been at in many, many years, but the entire NFC was very weak during that time period. They were just pretty good when everyone else was very bad. Had the Cowboys, Giants, or Redskins had a pretty good team in the first half of the decade, I believe Philly wins one division title, and that's it.

The real question is if Reid has lost the locker room.

I don't think he has, and that's what scares me more than anything else. For all their flaws, there are a lot of gamebreakers in that offense--the same playmakers responsible for the monday night massacre--possibly playing for their coach's job, after a week of everyone questioning their manhood. I expect them to be at the top of their game.

That would be about the only thing he has lost. He is fatter than ever..

I'm sure this is attributable to the poor start, but my god his press conferences are morbid at this point. He used to at least appear calm, now I feel like he's 5 minutes from a serious medical issue with each question he answers.

Just said on MNF they are considering bringing in a defensive consultant during the bye. They need to scour those bingo halls. :ols:
I said that they would struggle, just like the Skins in 2000. But Ididn't expect them to use the exact same script the Skins used! Bill Arnsparger anybody? Dan Snyder brought Bill Arnsparger in to "consult" for the defense of Mike Nolan's in 1999.

As a Skins fan, I have always actually liked Andy Reid.

I think he is an excellent coach at winning games. I think he has good systems and knows how to utilize talent.

However, I have always believed he is not a SB winning coach. He has always messed up in controlling the clock (key in the playoffs). He has always had issues with time management. He has always had issues with play selection (again key in the playoffs).

I don't think he has lost Philly, but he needs to look in the mirror right now and recognize that right now he needs to make some adjustments.

Yeah man, Philly fans have been killing Reid for as long as I can remember.

Unjustly so, IMO. Yes he hasn't won the big one, and even I have had to settle for realizing he most likely will not win it either unless he can somehow face an inferior opponent in the SB. But, AR has many admirable qualities about him as a coach. His teams play their best football later in the season, players/coaches keep stuff in the locker room, normally good at using players strenghts to help his football team and he squeezes every ounce of talent out of his QBs he can.

I actually think what is hurting AR is he got away from what was working, namely a solid offensive line, and a defense that he entrusted to an excellent coordinator. He tried to keep the defense coaching job in house and it's blown up in his face 2x. As much as Eagle fans, and other fans, have mocked him for never having a great WR, he went out and spent highly on WRs and RB but has failed abysmally at stocking the OL which, IMO, is lending to Vick's turnovers.

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

The conference call we just had with Andy Reid may have been the most uncomfortable four minutes in the media room this year.

His longest answer was probably single-digit words. He stayed quiet without answering after several questions. RT @chaddukes Details, yo.

The conference call we just had with Andy Reid may have been the most uncomfortable four minutes in the media room this year.

His longest answer was probably single-digit words. He stayed quiet without answering after several questions. RT @chaddukes Details, yo.

This just reported ..." Andy Reid was seen emotionally saddened just minutes before his presser , when he found out that his staff forgot the fries with his 8 Big Macs he ordered for lunch.." He answered questions with haste and then returned and was happy to find the fries were merely just misplaced.." Now back to real news...

Heard on NFL radio they offered Mangini a consultant position to help the D and he declined. I thought we were the only ones to have consultants! :ols:

BINGO!

THis made me laugh yesterday. You know Andy made a fail in hiring Dirty Jaunchez when he thinks Mangenius is the solution!!! LOL This D is in more trouble than we all thought..

Heard on NFL radio they offered Mangini a consultant position to help the D and he declined. I thought we were the only ones to have consultants! :ols:

BINGO!

Andy Reid, via conf. call, when asked about the reports that the #Eagles were bringing in a defensive consultant: "Not true. Not at all."

Does this seem Vinnyesque to anyone else? lol...

What are single digit words? Does he mean single sylable? or did the interview sound like this?

Grant: "Andy the Eagles Suck this year!"

Andy:"O"

Grant:"How would you rate the Redskins This year

Andy:"A"

Grant: "Who can eat more you or the Giants?"

Andy:"I"

Grant: "So Andy, Whats for Lunch today?"

Andy :"U"

Archived