Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '11-'12 Thread [Dennis Wideman to Calgary for a 5th etc.]

Sticksboi05

It is really unbelievable how much some of you guys nitpick over stuff. Great win but the caps need to do x, y and z better. We just beat our most hated rival at their place with our new goalie that stopped 39 out of 41 shots. We won without our offense rolling right a long. Don't forget to enjoy the win and **** the Pens.

Nice! ****sburgh gets owned again!! Good play by Backstrom & Wideman. Wideman's injury really hurt us during the playoffs last season. Glad he's finally back!

Now it's up to the Skins to beat Philly & we are golden :D:eaglesuck

Don't forget the Caps have the Senators on Saturday night. It would be nice to see 4-0, with a win not in overtime. knock on wood.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 10:10 PM ----------

It is really unbelievable how much some of you guys nitpick over stuff. Great win but the caps need to do x, y and z better. We just beat our most hated rival at their place with our new goalie that stopped 39 out of 41 shots. We won without our offense rolling right a long. Don't forget to enjoy the win and **** the Pens.

Remember this is DC, man. You damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It's early in the season, and there's plenty to nitpick about. This isn't a 16 game season, and if they continue on this path, they won't be getting these wins.

That said, it's obvious that right now there is a lack of chemistry, obviously due to the new additions. The passes are off the mark consistently, which is what tilted the ice tonight. I'm not concerned unless they keep winning like this. Then they'll get arrogant instead of thirsty for improvement.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

Apparently Asham admitted that what he did was classless. I give him props for doing that. I was pissed when I first saw it. Imagine the uproar if Beagle had gotten seriously injured.

Meh, whatever, he tapped the door with his stick when Beagle got up. If one of our guys did it people would be saluting him. He didn't know Beagle was seriously injured. No harm, no foul, and to be honest, it was kinda funny.

It's early in the season, and there's plenty to nitpick about. This isn't a 16 game season, and if they continue on this path, they won't be getting these wins.

That said, it's obvious that right now there is a lack of chemistry, obviously due to the new additions. The passes are off the mark consistently, which is what tilted the ice tonight. I'm not concerned unless they keep winning like this. Then they'll get arrogant instead of thirsty for improvement.

That's why I say there really shouldn't be nitpicking right now. Let's give them a chance to develop the chemistry that they/we are hoping to get out of this team. In the meantime, I'm gonna be excited about a strong start from some of the players and I'm excited that this team will keep getting better. I think it's a great sign when they are pulling out a win when being out shot 41-19 and it's great to see Backstrom get a couple of assists when we were all down on him last game.

Asham got caught up in the moment...no biggie. He was contrite after he got his bearings.

Hope Beagle got the hardhat...he lost as soon as he dropped the gloves. Asham is going to have to answer the bell next time against someone who is a more capable fighter...maybe Erskine or Hendricks...hopefully Erskine. I don't know how well Hendricks would fare against him.

Not the best effort by the Caps, but I'll take it.

Want to bet the Beagle fight is one used by all those arguing to take the fighting out of hockey?

His visor did the damage....

Asham got caught up in the moment...no biggie. He was contrite after he got his bearings.

Hope Beagle got the hardhat...he lost as soon as he dropped the gloves. Asham is going to have to answer the bell next time against someone who is a more capable fighter...maybe Erskine or Hendricks...hopefully Erskine. I don't know how well Hendricks would fare against him.

Not the best effort by the Caps, but I'll take it.

His visor did the damage....

DJ King might get a sweater for our next game against the Pens.

Agreed that any win against the Penguins is a good win. I personally think they are the best defensively coached team in the league, maybe Detroit and Nashville are close. Two things stood out to me. The officiating was terrible. The penalty on Laich was insane. They should have blown the play dead when Beagle and Letang got into it. Asham should have gotten an instigator, why is that rule there if they aren't going to call it?

As far as the Caps play is concerned there is only one thing that worries me. They have given up three leads late in the third period. They still can't get that two goal lead in the third against good teams. I heard Bruce do an interview on 980 last week and one of the hosts asked him specifically about the inablity to close games in the past and Bruce made a bunch of excuses and got defensive. Obviously he doesn't think that a problem exists.

I'm also glad we got one of the Penguins games in Pittsburgh out of the way early with Fluery, Orpik and Crosby out of the lineup. It's going to be really hard to beat that team when and if those guys get healthy. Now let's smash the S out of Ottawa.

Agreed that any win against the Penguins is a good win. I personally think they are the best defensively coached team in the league, maybe Detroit and Nashville are close. Two things stood out to me. The officiating was terrible. The penalty on Laich was insane. They should have blown the play dead when Beagle and Letang got into it. Asham should have gotten an instigator, why is that rule there if they aren't going to call it?

As far as the Caps play is concerned there is only one thing that worries me. They have given up three leads late in the third period. They still can't get that two goal lead in the third against good teams. I heard Bruce do an interview on 980 last week and one of the hosts asked him specifically about the inablity to close games in the past and Bruce made a bunch of excuses and got defensive. Obviously he doesn't think that a problem exists.

I'm also glad we got one of the Penguins games in Pittsburgh out of the way early with Fluery, Orpik and Crosby out of the lineup. It's going to be really hard to beat that team when and if those guys get healthy. Now let's smash the S out of Ottawa.

You mean the Enators? :D

No, he's just not going to throw the team under the bus to the media. He is probably fully aware of the trend but it's only three games into the season, hardly a decent sample size to make conclusions.

Asham was talking **** about Ovie and how he was showboating a few years back at the tampa game and warming his hands over the stick. who is this guy think he is?

Yea, I was surprised by that quote. He claimed it was hypocritical to support a player having a little fun after scoring 50 goals and not support a guy mocking a player laying unconscious on the ice.

Asham gained some respect back when he called himself out on acting "classless", but he seems to be working as hard as he can to lose that respect after the fact.

Archived