Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amanda Knox is free!

ixcuincle

I think she was guilty..... Anyway she should thank the crappy police work.

FIVE REASONS KNOX IS GUILTY

3) The alibi.

Sollecito could not back up Knox’s alibi on the night of the murder.

She claimed she spent the evening with him, smoking marijuana, watching the French film Amelie and making love. But Sollecito told police he could not remember if Knox was with him that evening or not.

Even assuming his memory was hazy because of the drugs, it seemed odd that a young man who had just embarked on a new relationship could not recall whether he had spent the night with his girlfriend or not.

4) Computer and telephone records.

Sollecito claimed he used his computer to download and watch cartoons and Amelie. But computer experts told the court that there was no activity on his laptop between 9.10pm on Nov 1, and 5.32am the next morning — the time frame in which the murder took place.

Knox and Sollecito turned off their mobile phones on the night of the murder, from around 8.40pm, and turned them back on at around 6am, inviting further suspicion.

How could he not back up her alibi yet he said he was watching Amelie as well?

Shouldn't you post the link to the article where you plagiarized this from?

Or at least post the "Five reasons she's innocent" included in the same article for balance. :ols:

My favorite:

"A bedroom belonging to one of Miss Kercher’s Italian flatmates was ransacked on the night of the murder, with a window smashed with a rock. But police said the break-in was staged - broken glass from the window was found on top of clothes scattered on the floor, suggesting the window was broken after the contents of the room were messed up. " :ols:

That's one hell of a key piece of evidence to convict someone for murder.

Or maybe college students have messy apartment with clothes lying on the floor.

Or at least post the "Five reasons she's innocent" included in the same article for balance. :ols:

My favorite:

"A bedroom belonging to one of Miss Kercher’s Italian flatmates was ransacked on the night of the murder, with a window smashed with a rock. But police said the break-in was staged - broken glass from the window was found on top of clothes scattered on the floor, suggesting the window was broken after the contents of the room were messed up. " :ols:

If the clothes are under the glass, convict her ass.

Agree, that's a major stretch. Hell, anyone could have some random clothes on the floor, most of all college students with whom the concept of neatness is usually a lost cause. To say nothing that someone else had already confessed, was tried and convicted of the murder anyway and this case screams of "reasonable doubt". But then again, the barometers for such things I assume are different in Italian court than here.

The Italian legal system is a joke on many levels.

Anyone with half a brain could see right from the start Knox was innocent.

Bingo. I usually never follow this kind of nonsense, but having lived in Italy I had a certain appreciation for the elements involved. This same prosecutor had another high profile case (the "Monster of Florence") and wrongly convicted half a dozen innocent people without ever finding the real killer. When a coupleof authors wrote a book about it, he charged them with being in on the murders.

• 1 year later...

I very seriously doubt there will be any attempt at extradition. All their higher court really did was send it back for review to the appellate court, which could very likely uphold the acquittal.

The prosecutor (Minigni) was facing charges of abuse of power when the murder occurred, and was under intense pressure to get results quickly. The real murderer (Guede) had already fled the country. He had no regular investigators at his disposal and used postal investigators (yeah, guys who track down mail fraud) at the crime scene. He decided Knox was guilty by her demeanor (not being visibly upset), and went after her before any fingerprint or DNA was analysed. There's no physical evidence implicating her.

Her prosecutor is the same guy who convicted 4 different people for being the "monster of Florence" serial killer. Dude has a seriously messed up track record.

Simple question: how can you "overturn" and acquittal? There is nothing to overturn.

Also, how can one be tried, found not guilty, and then retried years later for the same crime, without any new evidence? Violates every principle of our legal system.

Been a while since I heard about this case and forgotten most of it. Did the prosecution even have any theory as to motive?...i mean, something other than a "drug-induced, satanic orgy gone wrong"? :ols:

---------- Post added March-26th-2013 at 08:55 AM ----------

Simple question: how can you "overturn" and acquittal? There is nothing to overturn.

Also, how can one be tried, found not guilty, and then retried years later for the same crime, without any new evidence? Violates every principle of our legal system.

Difference between U.S. and Italian law. Our standards of double jeopardy, etc don't apply the same way (if at all, I'm not a legal expert by the furthest stretch).

Unfortunately, it's not our legal system, because double jeopardy would apply. Dan Abrams alluded to that when he said our DOJ would probably argue that point and block her extradition.

edit*: He also said it wouldn't be until next year, and alot can happen in the meantime.

Been a while since I heard about this case and forgotten most of it. Did the prosecution even have any theory as to motive?...i mean, something other than a "drug-induced, satanic orgy gone wrong"? :ols:

No other motive...this was, by the way, the same motive this same prosecuter used to wrongfully convict a succession of innocent people in the Florence serial killings.

No other motive...this was, by the way, the same motive this same prosecuter used to wrongfully convict a succession of innocent people in the Florence serial killings.

LOL, oh yeah, now i remember. Those damn cocaine induced, devil-worshipping orgies...always something goes wrong with them. Glad Italy has someone on top of that kind of mischief.

Archived