Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

chron.com: NFL.com Jamaal Charles ad causes a stir

Taylor4Life

A torn ACL injury has ruined Jamaal Charles’ season and potential his career. But don’t let his injury ruin your fantasy football team.

Statement just sounds wrong, right?

Well, it didn’t to NFL.com, which had this above ad on its main page today.

The ad shows Charles, the former UT star, being carted off the field and on the verge of tears.

“Does NFL want ad people promoting players as meat?” wrote Houston Chronicle blogger Stephanie Stradley on twitter. “C’mon NFL this Jamaal Charles ad for your fantasy football site is creepy, awful, dehumanizing.”

Click on link for rest of article:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2011/09/nfl-com-jamaal-charles-ad-causes-a-stir/

Using a real player as he's being carted off the field was definitely in poor taste...never should have been done.

Would have been MUCH better to use some intentionally funny pic of a guy getting hit in the balls by his 4 year old son or something lol...or a fat guy laying on the couch with his leg in a cast while keeping track of his FF players.

Football is meant to be entertaining and that is what fantasy football is. Most people won't be albe to relate to the injury b/c we don't care. It's hard to feel bad for guys who make a minimum of 500,000/year with the intelligence of a 3rd grader.

The cripple themselves, for your entertainment.

Football is meant to be entertaining and that is what fantasy football is. Most people won't be albe to relate to the injury b/c we don't care. It's hard to feel bad for guys who make a minimum of 500,000/year with the intelligence of a 3rd grader.

I think of guys like this when a player insults some "fans" on twitter or in the media.

I didnt know you could draft again and start over. I draft JC with the 3rd overall in my FFL. Anybody else want to get in?

I kid, I kid

This was done it poor taste, they have enough smart people split the 9 Billion Dollars per year revenue that the could of thought of a better way to promote FF.

Archived