Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

chron.com: NFL.com Jamaal Charles ad causes a stir

Taylor4Life

I don't know. Didn't bother me. Injuries are a part of the game, and every knows it.

I agree with this. I think we're getting a little sensitive when it comes to injuries. For those playing fantasy football, injuries are always discussed, planned for, and sometimes decide your season. You could make the argument that the league's home page should have made a different decision, but overall talking about injuries as an inconvenience in fantasy football is completely in bounds to me.

---------- Post added September-23rd-2011 at 11:41 AM ----------

The cripple themselves, for your entertainment.

And for hundreds of thousands of dollars, minimum. We shouldn't act as though they are volunteering to play a game on which we can build a fantasy industry.

I mean, I think it was stupid of them to do this because they should have known what the public backlash would be like.

Me personally, I'm not bothered by it. Unless you're a Chiefs fan, the first thing you probably thought when you heard he was out for the year, after "that sucks", was probably "damn, that sucks for the guy who took him in my leagues". If that isn't the case, you probably aren't a big fan of fantasy football, or don't play at all. And that's totally fine.

Its not till after that most people think "man, this sucks for the NFL, all these young players going down. Hopefully his career's not in danger". In an ideal world, that might be the first reaction we have, yes. But a HUGE number of people, not even exclusive to NFL fans, are invested in fantasy football. Its not a surprise to see something like this, even if they should have known better.

Yeah, cuz every football player are selfish ****s with no moral compass, not even the London Fletchers of the world.

Within the context of the post he was replying to, it was a valid rebuttal.

Someone wrote that they "cripple themselves for our entertainment" so it is important to point out that they cripple themselves for a pay check, not for the fans.

Archived