Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Long Until Ryan Torain Is Cut From The Redskins?

tdigle

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

and just keep a running back named hightower, who only proved himself against 3rd string defenses in the preseason?!

If you watched the preseason games you'd know he was consistently running against the first team defenses of the ravens and steelers. But I digress. No reason to argue over who is the better RB because we have the option of using all of them!

Right now, they have it set up fairly obvious as to what we're doing with each back.

Torain is running the power game with a little bit of stretch mixed in.

Helu is running more of the inside zone stuff and misdirection stuff.

Hightower is running the stretch game and more pass pro.

I like that they each have strengths we can key off. The problem is, it's a dead give away right now for what we're doing :)

Even before the game today, the whole premise of this thread is quite odd.

An NFL team normally has at least 3 RB's on the roster. Why would we be cutting Torain just because Hightower and Helu are playing well? What if one of them get hurt? Cutting Torain would just be absurd to me.

All these seasons with Vinny at the helm, we have talked about not building depth, and when someone goes down it is chaos. For once we are actually building a team, with lots of depth and young talent, and these donks on ES want to get rid of them.

We as fans have no idea what depth is. All we know is the player is either starter calibar or worthless. The new front office is introducing a foregin concept to many fans. Eventually they will learn that depth is a good thing and you don't ship off a depth player because he played well and isn't needed because he isn't a starter.

this is why im not a torain fan. he does this, gets you all amped up, shows you he can kill in this offense, and he'll be hurt again in a few weeks and miss 6 games. its what he does, what hes done his entire career, what he did last year, what he did in training camp, etc.

moral of the story: hes awesome in this offense when hes not injured, and remains one of our most unreliable players in terms of consistent production.

this is why im not a torain fan. he does this, gets you all amped up, shows you he can kill in this offense, and he'll be hurt again in a few weeks and miss 6 games. its what he does, what hes done his entire career, what he did last year, what he did in training camp, etc.

moral of the story: hes awesome in this offense when hes not injured, and remains one of our most unreliable players in terms of consistent production.

Which is exactly what we have Helu and Hightower for. You throw Torain in there when we need a jolt in the running game. Otherwise, keep him fresh.

This is exactly why we are trying to not play Torain until Playoffs.

But we can't get to playoffs if we can't win games.

Torain to the rescue!

And someone get Hightower some new shoes.

fair enough, i just hope we dont expect 20-25 carries out of torain every week like we saw today, or hes going down again.

From what we've seen thus far, it looks like Shanny is on a mission to keep Torain fresh. After his performance today, though, it's going to be extremely difficult to not be tempted to just give him the ball every time... but we can't do that. His running style lends itself to injuries.

Right now, they have it set up fairly obvious as to what we're doing with each back.

Torain is running the power game with a little bit of stretch mixed in.

Helu is running more of the inside zone stuff and misdirection stuff.

Hightower is running the stretch game and more pass pro.

I like that they each have strengths we can key off. The problem is, it's a dead give away right now for what we're doing :)

its funny, because the wide receiver situation kind of mimics the rb situation. none are awesome, but all have their strengths. moss is our main threat and also our go to TD guy, armstrong is our deep threat, gaffney is a possession receiver..

we lack elite talent at either position (though helu is showing promise and fred davis could be considered elite for a TE), but each player has his strengths and the play designs for each player are pretty predictable. hopefully other teams do not catch on.

Now you're threatening me? To the best of my knowledge, I have NEVER had any interaction with you on this forum. If I had had an issue with you in another thread, I could understand your response. When you combine this with the fact that your initial response read like it came from someone who at least partially derives his self-worth from flaming people on forums, I think my response to you was totally justified.

If you're looking for someone to accept your disrespect and total lack of tact, search elsewhere, please.

Can we just let it go?! Really!? He apologized. He was attempting some bold humor, it went too far. We called him out, he checked his attitude and removed it. We've all done it. It's the internet and sometimes we all get carried away with anonymity. SCP doesnt exactly have a track record of douche behavior from what i've seen.

So, your point is, he'll only win 4-5 games fir us, this year? :)

All these seasons with Vinny at the helm, we have talked about not building depth, and when someone goes down it is chaos. For once we are actually building a team, with lots of depth and young talent, and these donks on ES want to get rid of them.

Man, is it so refreshing to have some depth with guys just coming in contributing in a HUGE way. In Shanahan and Allen we should all trust.

Archived