Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Long Until Ryan Torain Is Cut From The Redskins?

tdigle

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So, Hightower is now Washington's undisputed starting back, and Sunday's game against the Cards bodes extremely well for Helu's future with the 'Skins. Although an unfortunate series of events might land Torain back into a significant spot in Washington's running rotation, all signs point to him being the odd man out at this point in time. So, let me ask my fellow ESers two questions:

1) Will Ryan Torain be cut at some point this season? If so, when?

2) If you don't think he'll be cut during the season, do you definitely see him getting a pink slip at the end of the season?

Poll coming in a bit.

There is no way he gets cut. More likely he gets dealt to someone looking for a RB at the deadline...

Kansas City is where my money is.

Trade Torain for a fifth and then call up Evan Royster from the practice squad. Next step is to figure out what to do with all of these tight ends.

no need to cut him nor will he be cut this season..

its a long season. if you want helu and hightower to continue to perform at a good level, they are going to need to be spelled as the season goes on. plus, there is a good chance that one of them gets hurt at some point.

torrain is a good guy to have, especially in the nfc east where the linebackers are pretty suspect. the dude runs hard and we can use him to smash the opponents.

We should not cut him whatsoever. We are going to have some games that get out of hand of us for the good and bad this year as much as I don't want to think about it. We have to showcase him those games and try and get something for him. I was saying this about Super Fred last year and to get rid of Cooley before its too late. Well, it is too late. As much as I love Cooley, those old legs are done and we will not get anything for him.

I was saying this about Super Fred last year and to get rid of Cooley before its too late. Well, it is too late. As much as I love Cooley, those old legs are done and we will not get anything for him.

youre right on the trade value for cooley.. its super low right now. but he isnt done, he is just getting healthy. cooley is still a beast and is going to show it soon.

Unless his inactivity has turned him into a frustrated locker room cancer and we have not heard about it, he won't be cut in the foreseeable future. It is not like he's a marginal running back or a guy with age issues. At this time, there really are only 4 reasons you cut a guy: locker room issues, marginal performance, age or indirect need for the roster slot. No locker room issues that I'm aware of, he is at least the third best RB on the roster, he's not old and we have no pressing need for to fill a roster spot indirectly.

I'm baffled by our fanbases lack of wanting to keep depth at positions.

First tight end with everyone wanting to trade Cooley, when he's done quite well in his current role and will only get better (ie: get more receptions/yards) when he heals up. And now people are wondering why we have a third running back.

Football is often called "A game of attrition" and that is correct. When injuries mount up, you need depth to overcome them. Trading your depth doesn't really do much to help your team. Releasing your depth does nothing to help the team. Especially when that depth is someone like a Cooley (our franchise TE receptions leader) or Ryan Torain (a sound, but injury prone back that can do real damage to defenses).

Get a grip, ES. Get a grip :)

youre right on the trade value for cooley.. its super low right now. but he isnt done, he is just getting healthy. cooley is still a beast and is going to show it soon.

I hope so man. He was a beast and if he still his some of that left in the tank our 2 headed te monster is scary to think about. It would be similar to NE except with a more athletic Hernandez and a less Witten like TE in Gronkowski. Kyle Shanny is known for that like driesen and daniels but Super Fred is a secondarys worst nightmare. I see him being the best TE in football for years in the league

Now THAT is a lopsided poll. :ols:

I wouldn't mind seeing him get traded in a few weeks to the Chiefs, or the Lions if Kieland doesn't pan out for them, or someone like that. Then we could bring up Royster from the PS. I know not everyone loves Royster, but he almost beat out Torain for a spot on the roster in the first place.

Archived