Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Long Until Ryan Torain Is Cut From The Redskins?

tdigle

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Obviously he's not showing enough in practice yet. I expect him to get carries this year. To their credit I haven't seen Hightower or Helu miss any obvious holes.

Really? I thought that week 1 Hightower would have had some huge gains if he had chosen the correct cut-back lane. He didn't, many times. I expect that to improve though.

We have three running backs who can all play, and unless some desperate team offers in some INCREDIBLE compensation, I don't see us trading away any of them any time soon, nor do I see Royster leaving the practice squad. Mike learned his lesson in 2008 that you need as many RBs as possible when just about every running back he had except Peyton Hillis (who was technically the fullback) went down with an injury. Nope, I don't see us cutting Torain unless Torain makes a fuss about not getting playing time, and nothing really suggests Torain is that kind of dude.

It's called depth, people. We have it. Let's keep it.

The moment Hightower fumbles in a big game or Helu gets dinged, the fans will be clamoring for Torain :laugh: :laugh:

Torain is one of Shanahan's players. He drafted him in Denver and brought him here and started him last season. Ryan fell behind because of lingering injuries in camp and lost the starting job. But if either of the other backs has any injury or performance issues you will see him back on the field, and he is capable of keeping the job if given the opportunity.

I think ultimately Helu will graduate from being the change of pace back to being the starting tailback. But even so, the team needs depth and Torain is working cheap.

He will not be cut. We need three runningbacks, why not have 3 good ones.

Also, there could be an injury. And I am fine with Torain being fresh and running the ball hard in November in December.

Depth is not a bad thing, folks.

AHHHHHHH.....a refreshing take! thank you

Unless we get blown away by a trade offer I just can't see it, but if someone wants to give us a first or a second for Torrain because they NEED a running back then I could see us letting him go. Other than that, depth is good and he is a reliable, proven runner and he's also something I'm not sure we have... a short yardage back. He's the power runner of the group. He's not a burner or shifty, but he runs with amazing force.

Not that I want Torain gone, but I would love to see Allen whip up a trade with KC for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. KC is so bad we can be sure it will be an early pick in the round. More high picks gives us more ammo for trading up and getting Luck!!!

Why not go for two firsts? That's just as likely as getting a 2nd or 3rd for Torain. Why in God's name would Kansas City trade a 2nd or 3rd for our 3rd string back?

Unless we get blown away by a trade offer I just can't see it, but if someone wants to give us a first or a second for Torrain because they NEED a running back then I could see us letting him go. Other than that, depth is good and he is a reliable, proven runner and he's also something I'm not sure we have... a short yardage back. He's the power runner of the group. He's not a burner or shifty, but he runs with amazing force.

No one is giving us a 1st or 2nd. :ols:

That's what I'm saying, but if they did.... I'd be all over it.

Oh, for sure. If someone offered us three firsts for Gano, I think I'd be willing to part. Oh, and if someone will give me, personally, a ham sandwich with grey poupon on it, no tomatoes, but lettuce... I'd give them Danny Smith.

How about we keep him and bring him in later after teams have some wear and tear? We all saw what he could do last year. No imagine him being fresh against some worn down players. Torain has only been a Redskin for a season, and not even a "full" one at that, but he's quickly evolved into one of my favorite players.

He's not any good, I'm sure we could find a big back with better moves than Torain as he doesn't have any.

He may not have a lot of moves but his running style reminds me a lot of Jerome Bettis. He has a low center of gravity, runs more upright and tacklers just seem to bounce off of him once he gets a head of steam going.

Archived