Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Hated TV Shows

sean_e_b

American Idol. Can not stand that crap. I will say it's entirely because I'm not a fan of any of the music and I would much rather see a full band play instead of just the singer. If there was American Idol rock/metal edition I would be all over it.

You don't remember "Rock Star" on CBS a few years ago?

Brooke Burke was the host (which was awesome), and I think the first season was to find a new lead singer for INXS, and the second season was to find a singer for some new band Tommy Lee was starting.

It was pretty decent.

Modern Family is hilarious. I especially love Cam.

I can't decide how I feel about 30 Rock. It's got some pretty funny moments, but I'm not really sold on it. Also Tracy Morgan is annoying.

I've never seen Secret Life but I watch ABC Family in the mornings (Boy Meets World and What I Like About You LOL) and they show a ton of previews. It seems like everyone on that show is pregnant or getting married and their all in high school!!! Not a show I'd want to watch with my kids.

I actually agree that Ted can get annoying in How I Met Your Mother.

30 Rock takes awhile to get used to.

The early seasons are especially strange- they hadn't found the right balance between Tracy, Alec Baldwin, or Jenna yet.

What you've seen out of Secret Life in the previews is basically all it is. A show about teen pregnancy and cheesy high school drama. My girlfriend also watches Pretty Little Liars, which is terrible, but in sort of a tongue-in-cheek style. But it's ABC Family, I can't really complain about any shows on a network like ABC Family, considering those shows aren't marketed towards me anyway.

I'm surprised more people aren't mentioning the garbage lineup on TLC. Every other show on TLC seems to be about some freaky family, like a midget couple with 15 children and who also own 30 cats that are overrunning the house or something.

All obvious choices aside (reality tv, things with singing and dancing in them) I would have to say I hated and likely will continue to hate Two and a Half Men. I was unaware for years what the show was about or how it worked because I didn't ever watch much primetime TV. My soon to be mother in law however thinks that the show is hilarious. I don't mean to say anything indirectly disparaging about her, she's a really nice person but honestly the plots are for idiots, the jokes aren't funny and you can see the punchlines coming from 100,000 miles away. Oh and the delivery/dialogue is that unnatural TV sit com crap where they pause for the laugh track to finish laughing before a character makes their rebuttal. Awful awful show. Nothing funny about it at all. Knowing how dumb I think the majority of America really is makes it less surprising that it was one of the top shows on TV and that Charlie Sheen was being paid more than anybody else to star in it. Ugh.

Conversely another show on CBS, The Big Bang Theory, which is pretty predictable sitcom crap, I find tolerable for some reason. I don't find it as hilarious as my fiancee's family but every once in a while they make some nerdy reference that I completely understand and nobody from her family does and I laugh and everybody looks at me funny...

The Office will be interesting to see without Steve Carrell...he was such a huge part of that cast I don't know how it'll continue on without him...

Modern Family is pretty hilarious. Much like Futurama it annoys me when they go for some mushy "everybody really loves each other and isn't that great, you should also cry now" ending. I find those to be unnecessary in comedies but nonetheless the show has some really funny stuff in it. Ed O'Neil is awesome, Ty Burrell's character is hilarious.

Oh....the Fox lineup of Sunday night cartoons.....I'd rather eat sand.

Ah yes, I still have friends who regularly discuss how funny Family Guy was the other week. I fell in love with that show when it was doing its initial run on TV and was saddened when it was canceled. When it came back on the air I was extremely pleased until 1 or 2 episodes of the new run. The episodes used to have funny plots with a point. It turned into some disjointed political/social commentary and character boundaries/limitations were destroyed to fit into idiotic stories. The show just isn't the same as it was before. Futurama was fun and Fox canceled that too. American Dad has never been funny once, The Cleveland Show...did that get canceled yet??? Holy **** what an awful show. The Simpsons was starting to go downhill when I was in 4th grade. For the record I was in 4th grade 14 years ago.

Oh and Bob's Burgers. Wow. I'm certain that show must have been canceled. Holy **** I've never seen an animated show which was less funny than that one. I mean **** I could even chuckle at some things in the Cleveland show perhaps but Bob's Burgers? God no it was the worst thing I've seen actually put on TV since Joe Buck Live.

If anyone wants to watch a ****ing awesome animated show, watch Archer on FX. It is absolutely ****ing hilarious in every way.

My most hated TV show is any dramatic series with a continuous plot. They are utterly unwatchable, nothing more than prime time soap operas. And these things go on for season after season after season. It's like watching a b-movie with 138 sequels. I'd rather be dead than try to sit through that crap.

Hmm.

Called yourself a nerd and your future mother in law an idiot all in one post. That is impressive.

This is the same with anything media driven...change the channel.

I don't hate Family guy, but I don't see myself as an old man watching cartoons as my weekly entertainment. I don't get so excited about movies that I need to see them that weekend...

I guess I have turned into a grumpy old man. I prefer live entertainment. I would rather go to a concert, game, comedy show, or live stage show than watch cartoons.

I guess I have turned into a grumpy old man. I prefer live entertainment. I would rather go to a concert, game, comedy show, or live stage show than watch cartoons.

You still need to hit up a game with me and Vishal. Nats are pretty much done this year, so maybe a Wizards game if the NBA ever comes back. Get to see the greatness of John Wall live.

Hmm.

Called yourself a nerd and your future mother in law an idiot all in one post. That is impressive.

I like nerdy things and my mother in law likes stupid humor. Do you have to be stupid to like stupid humor? No. Is she a stupid person? No. Does she like Two and a Half Men, a show marketed towards idiots? Yes.

This is the same with anything media driven...change the channel.

Jesus man lay off me its a ****ing thread about shows you hate on TV and you just told me to change the channel if I don't like whats on. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Agree entirely with TBBT. Someone told me that it was for science geeks and that it had great, knowledgeable humor. But the humor is as asinine as on any other sitcom. In fact, it's probably ANTI-nerd, since it makes fun of nerd stereotypes so much.

That's the impression I got from it. TBBT is just as mundane and generic as the rest. They just try to dress it up and make it look "smart" or whatever other words executives like to use to describe it. It following the coat tails of this strange phenomenon where dressing up like nerd stereotypes are chic (i.e. the big, false glasses, buttoned up shirt with bow tie).

Futurama is one of the few shows I've seen that can pull off nerd humor extremely well. I think they even made their own mathamatical equation for one of the newer episodes.

It doesn't hurt that Matt Groening is a tremendous nerd. :D

Archived