Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Hated TV Shows

sean_e_b

Definitely. But saying Seinfeld was garbage is, to me, no different than saying The Godfather sucked as a movie and Bach didn't know **** about music. Can't take those opinions seriously.
Pretty much, especially since people can seldom give good reasons for saying "lol dey suck!"

These two posts speak the truth.

I didn't get the love for Seinfeld when it was on, almost to the point where I hated it. But now that it is no longer on the air, I've watched reruns every now and then, and I have a bigger appreciation for it. I have never watched Jersey Shore, and I never will, because I already know what it is about just from hearing about it- terrible people and complete douchebags being famous simply for being famous. It pisses me off more than hearing about the Kardashians. Then again, I think reality shows have ruined TV entertainment.

And to take this topic to the other end of the spectrum, when I think of shows that are completely underrated, Friday Night Lights and Scrubs immediately come to mind.

I think the Seinfeld hate is a product of one of the following factors--depending on the person.

1) The need to be different. The "cool", rebel contrarian. See a lot of those on ES. Bubble Screen being their spokesperson.

2) A hatred for all things hyped--whether the hype is deserved or not. Some people just hate things that get pumped up and get attention. Related to the "cool" contrarian though the contrarian's "hate" covers a larger swath. I think the more classic "hater" label falls in this category.

3) Lack of experience with the show. They're uninformed, ignorant and just plain haven't watched the show enough to get it.

4) Sense of humor was beaten out of them as a child by abusive parent(s).

5) They're dead. Zombies don't laugh.

1. MASH

2. Jersey Shore

3. Seinfeld

Can't think of two more at the moment.

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 02:50 AM ----------

No dude, I really don't like Seinfeld.

And I'm tempted to add Friends, if only because when it ended it was made to be a national calamity.

EDIT: How about some underappreciated TV shows? Kenan & Kel; Buffy.

Don't listen to these guys. I never got the fascination with Seinfeld either. It is downright unwatchable tv, imo.

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 02:55 AM ----------

I think the Seinfeld hate is a product of one of the following factors--depending on the person.

1) The need to be different. The "cool", rebel contrarian. See a lot of those on ES. Bubble Screen being their spokesperson.

It has nothing at all to do with being a contrarian. Seriously, I hate the show with a passion. Stupid characters. Not funny. What's to like?

Jersey Shore

Hung

Glee

American Idol

Secret Life of an American Teenager (My wife watches this show and its possibly the stupidest show ever made)

I don't get the hate for How I Met Your Mother. I think its a really good show. Not one of the all-time greats, but better than alot of stuff that's out there now

Exactly, it's different. None of the same washed up, happy family stuff (although Boy Meets World was a childhood favorite). I mean George Costanza is one of the greatest characters in TV history. Kramer is up there also but George is up there with Barney Fife and Archie Bunker.

You want to know what gives away that it's the best of the modern era. Almost every day in life, you come across a bizarre situation and can say, wow, just like on Seinfeld. I mean it's actually unbelievable how many things they cover about every day life and what you have to deal with.

The first four seasons or so of The Office were hilarious. After that it has gone downhill. I'm guessing you were watching the more recent episodes. If you start with those you'll be greatly disappointed. But if you go back and watch the earlier seasons(2-3 were the best by far)I think you'd enjoy it.

Also another show I have to add that I hate, those teen pregnancy type shows. And those sweet 16 party shows. Yeah a bunch of rich spoiled girls, we get it.

I love The Office, especially the earlier seasons. I admit though that it took a couple episodes to get into it. You have to start to get an appreciation for the characters and their relationships before you can really enjoy the show. Also when you rewatch episodes you can always catch something new. Best episodes are Gay Witch Hunt and The Injury. If someone can watch those and not laugh then I feel sorry for you.

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 09:13 AM ----------

You want to know what gives away that it's the best of the modern era. Almost every day in life, you come across a bizarre situation and can say, wow, just like on Seinfeld. I mean it's actually unbelievable how many things they cover about every day life and what you have to deal with.

I can make a Friends reference for just about anything as well. So there!

Also I don't see how disliking Seinfeld is contrarion. Just like Friends or How I Met Your Mother don't do it for a lot of people, Seinfeld doesn't do it for me. The same way I don't really care to watch any more episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. They do have some funny material though.

Always Sunny - I know I will get hammered for this. I watched the first 3 seasons and it just seems like every episode is about getting drunk. They get drunk and do something stupid, not funny if it is repeated every episode. It seems like a show that would be written by a freshman frat guy. And I give it a chance, because it did have moments.

Any 'real' housewives show - These are some the worst people on the planet. Half them have husbands in jail for fraud and other unethical behavior. Great you made money by ripping people off and now to keep up a lifestyle you're a couple hundred thousand in debt.

I love The Office, especially the earlier seasons. I admit though that it took a couple episodes to get into it. You have to start to get an appreciation for the characters and their relationships before you can really enjoy the show. Also when you rewatch episodes you can always catch something new. Best episodes are Gay Witch Hunt and The Injury. If someone can watch those and not laugh then I feel sorry for you.

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 09:13 AM ----------

I can make a Friends reference for just about anything as well. So there!

Also I don't see how disliking Seinfeld is contrarion. Just like Friends or How I Met Your Mother don't do it for a lot of people, Seinfeld doesn't do it for me. The same way I don't really care to watch any more episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. They do have some funny material though.

Guarantee though, if a counter was done every day for Seinfeld quotes/references as opposed to Friends, the Seinfeld counter would be vastly vastly higher.

I really like Parks and Recreation right now. Though I haven't seen this season at all so I have no idea how it's held up.

I would recommend catching up on the last season. Parks and Rec started out reeeaaally slowly, but once it found its groove it turned into a really solid show.

There are a lot of great comedies on network TV now actually:

Parks and Rec

Community

Modern Family

30 Rock

The Office (yes, I know it's not as good as it used to be, but that's like people complaining that The Simpsons isn't as good as it used to be...it's not as entirely brilliant as it was at its peak, but even in decline it's still very good)

Secret Life of an American Teenager (My wife watches this show and its possibly the stupidest show ever made)

I don't get the hate for How I Met Your Mother. I think its a really good show. Not one of the all-time greats, but better than alot of stuff that's out there now

My girlfriend watches Secret Life of an American Teenager.

Truly a horrible show right there.

How I Met Your Mother gets backlash because a lot of people promote it as a really witty show (I've had numerous people tell me it's the funniest show they've seen), when it's not. It's solid overall, the central plot that runs through the show is unique, and Jason Segel and Neil Patrick Harris are both awesome as their characters, but I think a lot of people get tired of how hard it gets pushed by its fans as this sort of must-see TV comedy.

And again, I can't stand Josh Radnor as Ted. He's just awful.

I would recommend catching up on the last season. Parks and Rec started out reeeaaally slowly, but once it found its groove it turned into a really solid show.

There are a lot of great comedies on network TV now actually:

Parks and Rec

Community

Modern Family

30 Rock

The Office (yes, I know it's not as good as it used to be, but that's like people complaining that The Simpsons isn't as good as it used to be...it's not as entirely brilliant as it was at its peak, but even in decline it's still very good)

My girlfriend watches Secret Life of an American Teenager.

Truly a horrible show right there.

How I Met Your Mother gets backlash because a lot of people promote it as a really witty show (I've had numerous people tell me it's the funniest show they've seen), when it's not. It's solid overall, the central plot that runs through the show is unique, and Jason Segel and Neil Patrick Harris are both awesome as their characters, but I think a lot of people get tired of how hard it gets pushed by its fans as this sort of must-see TV comedy.

And again, I can't stand Josh Radnor as Ted. He's just awful.

Modern Family is hilarious. I especially love Cam.

I can't decide how I feel about 30 Rock. It's got some pretty funny moments, but I'm not really sold on it. Also Tracy Morgan is annoying.

I've never seen Secret Life but I watch ABC Family in the mornings (Boy Meets World and What I Like About You LOL) and they show a ton of previews. It seems like everyone on that show is pregnant or getting married and their all in high school!!! Not a show I'd want to watch with my kids.

I actually agree that Ted can get annoying in How I Met Your Mother.

Conan O'Whiney...and the New Leno....they could both be cancelled and it would hurt me a bit.

Reality shows; Jersey Shore, Big Brother, Survivor (used to love it...now hate it)....and most of all The Bachelor/Bachelorette

Glee, I watched the first couple episodes and I wanted to like it, but they made it unlikeable.

Anything on Lifetime any Soap Opera

The evening news...that show sucks.

Oh...cable network news...any and ALL!!

Archived