Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Hated TV Shows

sean_e_b

The promos for the season premiere of Two and a Half Men got me thinking about what shows people consider their most hated.

My list consists of very current and mostly popular shows, but feel free to crap on BJ and the Bear and Homeboys In Outerspace if you must.

I don't mind whether you make a list like mine or spend 25 paragraphs explaining why you hate The Love Boat, just make sure there's a lot of hate in your post.

My top 5 most hated:

5) Jersey Shore

- It's a scripted reality TV show about douche-bags with orange skin.

4) Cavemen

- A 30 minute TV show based on a mildly funny 30 second commercial . . . about cavemen.

3) Two and a Half Men

-sex joke followed by laugh track x10, unfunny kid says something unfunny, ugly housekeeper makes a sexual pun, repeat process 3x, end show.

2) **** My Dad Says

- The biggest over-actor in movie/TV history + 20 minutes of laugh track

1) Tyler Perry's House of Payne

-Tyler Perry

How I Met Your Mother

I have to defend this one. Not that I truly love the show, but I do watch it.

It has a definitive long story arc. The laugh track isn't blatant like it is in most sitcoms, as they don't pause for laughter. The catchphrases are pretty much given to one character. Other than Barney, none of the characters are stereotypes or caricatures. The writing consistently consists of foreshadowing and gradually leaves clues to how the show will eventually end.

What don't you like about it? Let me rephrase that. What do you hate about it?

People still watch the crap they put on American television? When are we going to get another sitcom like Arrested Development?

Collective IQ in this country is too low. Comic gold like AD gets no ratings because people would rather watch jackasses do stupid **** aka Jersey Shore.

Extremeskins love AD.

I have to defend this one. Not that I truly love the show, but I do watch it.

It has a definitive long story arc. The laugh track isn't blatant like it is in most sitcoms, as they don't pause for laughter. The catchphrases are pretty much given to one character. Other than Barney, none of the characters are stereotypes or caricatures. The writing consistently consists of foreshadowing and gradually leaves clues to how the show will eventually end.

What don't you like about it? Let me rephrase that. What do you hate about it?

The laughter at jokes that are unfunny.

Barney talking about how hot a girl is.

DUDE THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND

OMG THAT'S SO ****ING HILARIOUS UPROARIOUS LAUGHTER

The laugh track immediately kills many of the CBS sitcoms, as well as the horrible jokes.

My personal list?

1.) Jersey Shore-There is literally nothing redeemable about this program. Nothing

2.) Two and a Half Men-I don't get the appeal. That show is straight up lowest common denominator

3.) Damn near any regular programing on the major 24-hour news networks-American journalism is in dire straights and those shows are the primary reason

4.) Full House-As a child of the 90s, I hear a lot of people talking about it fondly. All I saw were corny jokes, "life lessons," and milking for cuteness. Did nothing for me. It was the anti Seinfeld.

5.) Saved by the Bell-Ditto

Non-honorary mentions:

The later seasons of Married with Children, Happy Days and M*A*S*H: two shows that started off absolutely brilliantly and eventually became **** due to casting changes and a violent, sudden drop off of real humor

Later seasons of Family Matters-A decent enough sitcom that went absolutely bat **** crazy.

All time Champion: Mama's Family.

That's what I said in the last thread and I'm sticking to my guns.

Lmao. I totally forgot about that show. They used to show reruns in syndication when I was a kid. Only 10 years old and I still couldn't believe some *******s out there thought that show was funny.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 07:34 PM ----------

Oh and ACW buddy, stop trying to be the "cool" contrarian. It's a step above an emo.

Friends I can understand. I actually do hate that show. But Seinfeld is the pinnacle of network television. It is the greatest. It's like Michael Jordan. You know there will never be another. It's kind of depressing in a way.
I actually am indifferent toward friends (though Jennifer Aniston :drool: ).

I honestly pity those that don't "get" Seinfeld. To this day (what like a decade since it ended?) it gives me joy. I still watch it at least two or three times a week. I watch The Office and 30 Rock just because I need something to do, Arrested Development rocked but was a flash in the pan, but Seinfeld is the one sitcom I legitimately love.

Archived