Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins all alone in first place in NFC East!!

truskin4life

I sort of feel the Cardinals game showed more of what the team's true character is. The Giants game will be considered the bigger win, due to being a division game, but the fact is the Cardinals had us on the ropes a whole lot more than anytime the Giants did once we tied that game up 14-14.

In year's past I could have pointed to several times during the Cardinals game where the team would have folded. Rex recovered from a very shaky 1st quarter to put up decent stats. Once were down 8, with a little over 10mins to go my head was hanging low. I had the "oh no here we go again" knot in my stomach, however the 'Skins showed me something today I haven't seen in awhile. They took the game back played with a lot of heart, and snatched that victory back.

We have to face reality, with a team in Year 2 of building a new identity, there will be games like this where we dominate the stats, but due to mistakes we are either barely winning or even down. What I like is that this team doesn't quit, and I am finally getting the feeling that as long as it is a one possession game, we are never out of it, even being down in the 4th quarter.

Also, I think something that is evident is that Rex Grossman is comfortable in this system. He doesn't seem bothered by mistakes, and the coaches don't seem to ever feel the need to put a leash on him following a bad series or a turnover. This is an incredible asset moving forward.

I hope this time next Monday night we are talking about how awesome it was that the Rams beat Giants last Monday, and then Giant's beat Eagles and of course Skins beat Dallas to be 3-0 while everyone else is 1-2. It feels good to hear announcers talking about how well Bruce Allen drafted. Ryan Kerrigan might end on par with Orakpo. Not to mention Helu looked fantastic out there too. No way Torrain sees the field.

We will win the division when we keep playing with the confidence we had even when we are down.

And when Helu keeps lightin chumps up.HTTR

Helu was a monster today. It's always nice to air it out but when you get it on the ground, now that's football. God love you Shanny, for bringing back the run to D.C. It will be a great week. Sun, a little brighter. Food tastes better. Life is great for the next 6 days.

Hail

Don't look now but Romo sits to pee has 2 fractured ribs (will be clarified tomorrow with MRI), Felix Jones has separated shoulder, and Miles Austin tweaked his hammy. Austin & Jones are reported to be out for awhile, and I'd imagine if Romo sits to pee has 2 fractured ribs, he will not be playing.

This by no means guarantees a win, this is afterall a rivalry that has some of the most ridiculous results, however if all three of those players end up not playing, you can't say it doesn't help our chances of going 3-0. Never rooting for injuries, but they are a part of the game and once they happen you have to still go down and beat a team with backups that are trying just as hard.

No doubt. Last time we were going into a girls game with Homo out, Kitna picked us apart. Sneaky bas*****! They are like the sci-fi beasts in the movies. You gotta kill e'm, then douse e'm in diesel and set e'm on fire. Then you have to stand there and watch e'm turn to ash before they crawl off and reanimate!

Hail

I'm very proud of our team. They deserve to be in the division lead right now. But it's a long season. Maybe they'll hang on to the division lead all season. Maybe they will slip a little and lose the top standing to Philly or NYG, but then regain their top standing later in the season. Who knows what will happen. But I like where they are right now.

Archived