Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins all alone in first place in NFC East!!

truskin4life

I like the fight in this team, I say hail yeah the Skins are back to being a competitive team. The next three years look bright for them, while the Cowboy next three years are dimming. About damn time. Thanks Dan Snyder for realizing the errors of your ways and getting a real football Coach and GM to come in and fix the team. The dividends are only beginning to pay off. Obviously if the Redskins continue to draft the way they have the last two years this team is retruning to the glory days.

the best part about this, is that our defense, as fun as it is to watch.. is still missing our star player Laron Landry.

i LITERALLY cant wait untill he gets on the field, and am praying to god he gets to take his first victims against the Cowpukes this weekend.

Let's hope he actually shows up since our secondary needs all the help it can get. Oh, and though none of us want to admit it, when healthy, Dez Bryant is an elite receiver. So, yeah, if he's healthy, we definitely need LaRon in the backfield.

We have won 2 NFC games and one divisional game. Beating Dallas this week would take that to 3-0 and 2-0 respectively. A really good position to move forward from, would be possible to be 4-0 and 2-0 at the bye week considering we play the Rams. At that point playoffs would be a real possibility, especially due to our schedule.

Gone are the days we see defensive's hold teams to an average of 159YPG

I think a good defense has to hold opponents to an average of 275-290 and 17-19 points.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 02:27 PM ----------

We have won 2 NFC games and one divisional game. Beating Dallas this week would take that to 3-0 and 2-0 respectively. A really good position to move forward from, would be possible to be 4-0 and 2-0 at the bye week considering we play the Rams. At that point playoffs would be a real possibility, especially due to our schedule.

I keep hearing all this schedule stuff but can someone please tell me who are these suppose weak teams on our schedule?

Our Redskins TEAM is for real. We have a coach that has the players focused and prepared. We have players who are executing. This team believes they can WIN if they stay focused, prepare themselves, and be disciplined in their execution. Special teams, offense, and defense all doing their part for a team win. Starters and backups all doing their part for a team win. We are 2-0 because this team understands what it takes to be a winning football team. It will take continued dedication, focus, and execution to win the next game; and I have no doubt that this Redskins team will be prepared. Go TEAM, beat Dallas.

Well, for those fans in here predicting us only win 3 - 4 games season, you should turn off the TV for the rest of the season once the team wins that many games. Shame on you for not believing in your team. And don't give me excuses about the Redskins past because Shanny/Bruce weren't here for all those years. This team has shown through PS and the first 2 games that they don't quit. We lost a lot games last year by 3 pts or less. How can we do worse this year with an improved team?

We are winning close games. Whether or not we win pretty does not make a difference. Whether or not we are a 'good' 2-0 team or a 'bad' 2-0 team does not make a difference. W's count as W's. We have arrived. The future is here and we are relevant. We CAN beat anyone. We can. It's possible. How long has it been since our team has been legitimate?

We are going to be eating Ker-Romo sits to pee-rakpo Sandwiches on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.

If we end up 6-10, 16-0, or 10-6, I'll be proud of this team. It's been a long time coming. HAIL.

• 3 weeks later...

eh, it's semantics. you could say we're tied for first, or you could say due to tiebreakers we're technically in first. i'd lean towards saying we're tied with the giants for first place, but it's sort of subjective since there is no textbook definition for first place at any point other than at the end of the season.

are we alone in 1st now? i keep reading stuff saying we are tied. i thought we were alone since we have the tiebreaker over the giants.

This thread is from week 2. We are tied with the giants for first place but if playoffs started this week we would be 1st.

Eagles still getting love from ESPN. However, there's good points about the way the Skin's schedule lines up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/31284/hot-button-redskins-vs-eagles

Hot Button: Redskins vs. Eagles

This week's Hot Button debate zeroes right in on our humble little division, as Ashley Fox and John Clayton duke it out in answer to the simple question: Who will win the NFC East? Ashley is sticking with the Philadelphia Eagles in spite of their 1-3 start and sudden rash of key injuries. John is picking the Redskins, based mainly on ease of schedule. John first:

If the Redskins can go at least 3-3 in overall divisional play, they can have a huge edge in the divisional race if they beat the Panthers and the Vikings. Look at what the other NFC East teams face. The Eagles already have lost to the Atlanta Falcons and have to play the Chicago Bears at home. The Cowboys lost a home game to Detroit and have to travel to Tampa Bay.

The Giants drew an impossible second-place schedule and have to face Green Bay and New Orleans. If the Redskins can go 2-0 in their non-common games, they already will have a game in hand over the Eagles and Cowboys and two over the Giants if New York loses to the Packers and the Saints.

Fair point, and the schedule was one of the main reasons all along that I didn't think the Redskins would be as rock-bottom bad as a lot of people thought. Having the home win against the Giants in hand already is huge, as John points out. And as long as they can limit Rex Grossman's chances to get them hurt with a big mistake, they have the defense and the running game they need to remain steady throughout the year. As long as no one in the division appears to be all that great (as no one currently does), the Redskins will have as good a chance as anyone.

However, if there's one team that has the personnel to play like a really great team, it's the Eagles. No, they have not done so to this point, but Ashley points out that the exciting players who led everyone to make the Eagles their preseason pick are all still there, and that despite the problems, they've had a shot to win each of their four games:

But it is not as if the Eagles are getting blown out. They are beating themselves. A fumble here, a horrid play call there. The issues are fixable. It starts with turning around the trend of the past three weeks, when Philadelphia scored zero fourth-quarter points and allowed 36.

Since 2000, [Andy] Reid has a .680 winning percentage in regular-season games played from November on. If he can guide this team to a .500 record heading into the bye in Week 7, it can make a run at the NFC East. Incidentally, the Giants are leading the fan poll that's attached to the Hot Button piece, and I think as the Cowboys get healthy coming off their bye, they will have as strong a case as anyone. This could easily have been a four-way Hot Button, with convincing cases for all four teams. This division is far from decided, and any one of the four could still emerge as the cream of the crop. I guess I'll stick with the Eagles because they were my preseason pick and they're technically not out of it yet, but it would have been tough for me to write Ashley's side of this and feel very confident about it. This looks like a street fight to me, and the Eagles don't look like street fighters.

Archived