Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cardinals-Skins Predictions for Week 2

rockfan7224

Lets be honest, the Redskins usually own the Cardinals.

Not only that but Mike Shanahan has faced them 4 times is 4-0 and every time his team has scored either 37 or 38 points. I might have to change my score.

Here are the scores when Shanahans team faces the Cardinals:

38-6

38-17

37-7

37-20

I know it's totally meaningless but its just one more reason on top of all the others why we can't lose. Besides, there is no such thing as an Arizona Cardinal. They'd be better off calling them the Arizona Hummingbirds.

They can't deal with traveling east and playing early, they usually lose those games,

Who the hell are Mike Miller and Ray Horton, their first year OC and DC, thats who,

their qb is basically a first year qb in an offense he's never played in before,

The Eagles have received 2nd round draft picks for 2 other QB's the past decade, both bombed hard with their next team and neither finished the season as the starter,

the Cardinals just gave up the most yards in NFL history to a rookie QB,

and on top of that it was his first game as a pro,

they are the Cardinals and we own the Cardinals,

we've got their best RB and they gave him away for a ham sammich,

Weisenhunt is winless vs the Redskins 0-2,

The 2 coaches before Weisenhunt were 0-5 vs the Redskins as well (and this was our worst decade since the 1950's),

Kolb is winless vs the Redskins 0-1,

The only Cardinals to be on a Redskins home field during a victory are players and coaches that used to play for the Redskins when we beat the Cardinals,

actually, make that ANY field,

The Cardinals have NEVER won in a Stadium called Fedex Field. Last time they won in DC it was called Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, the Redskins spotted AZ 31 points in the first half and the final score was 45-42. I guess they underestimated those Cards a little bit. But isn't that the calling card of every Norv Turner coached team?

So yeah, us fans really need to take this team seriously. You never know what's gonna happen. :cardsuck:

I think our front 7 will give Kolb a hard time, thereby preventing Fitz from becoming a huge factor; he'll probably make a couple of big plays, but he won't take over the game. Their secondary looks terrible and I think they're ripe for Rex to tear apart. The one thing that worries me is how our question mark Oline will hold up against their formidable Dline. If the pass pro holds up, we win hands down. If it doesn't, things could get tough. Rex stood in the face of pressure last week, but it's certainly no guarantee that he'll be able to do that again.

24 - 17 'skins

The Cardinals do not have a good offensive line and I think we will own them. Beanie will not get 100 yards, but Hightower will. We will also take advantage of their inexperienced cornerbacks like Newton did. Those cornerbacks are going to need so much help, their safeties will probably have to play back which should make it easier to run. Grossman gets 275 yards w/ 3 TDs and a pick. Fitzgerald will make a big play and get a TD. We win 31 to 16.

Pete Morelli and his crew will call this game; should be interesting. I doubt we'll see any "mystery stuff" from this time (as Gibbs dubbed it back in '05 in our game against the Broncos). But I will say this ---- we need to make sure the game is not in any way close in the 4th quarter.

Funny and witty post, dude. But still, there's just that little chance that we may lose, like the Lions did to us. But it's a really small chance. They better show up on Sunday, or else.

Yeah anything can happen. I was just talking ****. Maybe there's a Cardinal fan out there somewhere that needed some words of encouragement. :D

I thought it was ironic that you express some level of disbelief that they think Wells will go over 100 when we held Jacobs/Bradshaw in-check, yet you feel that Hightower will get his groove back after the Cardinals shut down DeAngelo Williams and Stewart.

Tough game. I say 24-20 Skins... but it could go either way.

Shutting down Williams and Stewart hasn't been a difficult thing to do as of late. They sucked bad last year and seems to be a continuing trend this year. Im not say Hightower will tear it up, but don't judge the Cardinals run stopping ability by what the did against the Panthers.

Kolb and Fitzgerald are scary just like Schaub and Andre Johnson which is why the Skins need Landry back so badly. However the defense this year is better than last year. The Skins need to establish the run quickly which will set up the play action against the weak Cardinals secondary.

I'll say 27-17 Skins

This game is going to be decided by our O-Line play and our defensive secondary. If the line can get Hightower some running room and protect Rex and our secondary contains Fitzgerald and stop Kolb from making big plays down field, I predict Skins win 31-17. If those two units break down though, it's going to be a long game and I don't think we'd be able to overcome a deficit especially if we fall behind big early

That's actually pretty good analysis by the Cards fan. I think he's right. It'll be a close game decided in the 4th quarter by a big play one way or another.

I agree, I thought the analysis was informed and objective. I think their DL will give our OL problems. They might be underestimating our defense abit however, as it looks to be quite a bit better in personnel and haveing a 2nd year in the scheme. Think its going to be pretty close though, with the Skins winning a hard fought game.

Worried that Orakpo will be out and you can bet Landry will be out. That is huge because we need him to apply pressure on Kolb. We give this guy time (like any NFL qb) he will hurt us. All of a sudden from being very comfortable with this game I went to being a little worried. No Orakpo and its going to be an extremely close game IMO.

Archived