Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't fall asleep on the Cards

Burgold

I understand and agree with your post, but i just don't understand how i "sleep on the cards" or not. I'm just a fan. It doesn't matter if all of us look past them or not. It's not our job to be disciplined in preparation for this team as if this is the super bowl. Just don't understand the purpose.

The better advice for fans is if you're going to the game, cheer as loud as your lungs and vocal system will allow at appropriate times. Otherwise, do what you want.

Sleep on the Cards? I fully expect the skins to need 30+ points to win this game with Doughty expected to play significant minutes. Eli Manning may need the running game in order to pass the ball... the Cardinals need no such thing.

I think Haslet will have a bit more of a robust gameplan in store for the Cardinals than the Panthers did with there new coaching staff and all.

If the Cardinals don't have a running game they are in BIG trouble IMO.

Sleep on the Cards? I fully expect the skins to need 30+ points to win this game with Doughty expected to play significant minutes. Eli Manning may need the running game in order to pass the ball... the Cardinals need no such thing.

I think you're overestimating Kolb and their offense in general. Kolb has NEVER shown he can play while being constantly pressured. And that's one thing that this defense can do, and that Haslett can dial up every play. The Panthers don't have a pass-rush, so of course Kolb got to sit back and air it out against them.

I think you're overestimating Kolb and their offense in general. Kolb has NEVER shown he can play while being constantly pressured. And that's one thing that this defense can do, and that Haslett can dial up every play. The Panthers don't have a pass-rush, so of course Kolb got to sit back and air it out against them.

Not only that but no real offseason to prepare and it's his first year in the system which is totally different than Philly. That and Az has a new defensive coordinator as well. I'd say that Grossman has an advantage here.

This will be a good game. Some intriguing matchups such as the defensive pass rush against our offensive pass protection. How well both defenses handle each other's running games.

I think the key to the game will be which team's defensive secondary can avoid the most blown coverages. I think the Cards secondary may still need another week or so to gel, but I also think that the Skins secondary needs to shore up more too.

Other keys to the game is how well Hightower can maneuver through the Cards defense on runs, and avoid fumbles. Wells will be tough for the Cards, but not maybe not as explosive.

I'd really hate to have to play against the Cards in Arizona, say around the 9th game of the season. So I'm very happy we're playing them at home, and early in the season, before they start to click.

The Cards are a better team than some might think, but I do like our chances on this one. Especially since Shanahan sems to have remade the Skins into a collection of players with a very dedicated professional mindset who want to play team, rather than individuals.

Go 'Skins!

I understand and agree with your post, but i just don't understand how i "sleep on the cards" or not. I'm just a fan. It doesn't matter if all of us look past them or not. It's not our job to be disciplined in preparation for this team as if this is the super bowl. Just don't understand the purpose.

The better advice for fans is if you're going to the game, cheer as loud as your lungs and vocal system will allow at appropriate times. Otherwise, do what you want.

That's because everyone here likes to say "we" this and "we" that, like they're actually on the team and the players actually give a flying **** about what is said on some message board.

That's because everyone here likes to say "we" this and "we" that, like they're actually on the team and the players actually give a flying **** about what is said on some message board.

They do. Read Phillip Daniels threads on ES. I also know several other Redskins do scan this board.

This will be a good game. Some intriguing matchups such as the defensive pass rush against our offensive pass protection. How well both defenses handle each other's running games.

I think the key to the game will be which team's defensive secondary can avoid the most blown coverages. I think the Cards secondary may still need another week or so to gel, but I also think that the Skins secondary needs to shore up more too.

Other keys to the game is how well Hightower can maneuver through the Cards defense on runs, and avoid fumbles. Wells will be tough for the Cards, but not maybe not as explosive.

I'd really hate to have to play against the Cards in Arizona, say around the 9th game of the season. So I'm very happy we're playing them at home, and early in the season, before they start to click.

The Cards are a better team than some might think, but I do like our chances on this one. Especially since Shanahan sems to have remade the Skins into a collection of players with a very dedicated professional mindset who want to play team, rather than individuals.

Go 'Skins!

It's going to be a different test for the defense from the Giants. The Cards are much more of a passing team. Fitz is the obvious danger but last week the Panthers largely took him out of the game; however Kolb just switched to targetting his TEs and still ended up with a rating of 130. The Cards OL isn't great so Kolb should be under more pressure, but he wasn't untouched in the Carolina game either.

I'm not sure whether the Cards stopped the Panthers running or the Panthers just decided to keep throwing as the Cards couldnt stop them. This might be a good trial run for our offense for the Cowboys game, playing against a weak secondary. I don't think the Cards pass rush is all that great, the Panthers made them look better than they are.

With only one real result to go on for both teams there's no reason for complacency from players or fans.

We'll see what happens. I'm wary of the Cardinals as our secondary is suspect (it definitely doesn't help that they have one of the best receivers in the game). Our base is pretty darn good, though. If we can get enough pressure on Kolb we'll be fine in that respect. Personally, I think this game rests on whether or not Grossman can do a repeat performance. Also, if we can keep the penalties to a minimum (something we did fantastically last week) that will bode well for us as well.

I'm cautiously optimistic. In the end, I think we pull out of this one with a 3- to 6-point win.

I say we because it's easier than to say "the Washington Redskins" all the time. We have a connection with the team, so saying "we" isn't necessarily a problem. But when people think that the fans overlooking a team controls the outlook of the game, ehhhh :)

Makes no sense. I say "we" because after all these years that's what comes out. I haven't tried to break it down or figure out why, but it's what feels right. However, I don't get the connection between saying "we" about your team in conversation and thinking I'm "actually on the team and the players actually give a flying **** about what is said".

I don't believe I'm on the team. I don't think the players should listen to fans. I don't think fans are entitled to any privileges or anything. I have simply associate myself with the Redskins for almost 30 years and refer to them as "we" in conversation. It gets irritating when people on these boards are constantly turning everything into a black/white, yes/no, all/nothing situation. Not everyone is a "hater" or a "homer" here.

We never fell asleep on the Cardinals. We aren't worlds better than them. What happened out there was a football game that we fought and won.

Agree and disagree. Some of the self destructiveness and foot shootingness, and sloppiness in the first half weren't due solely to to even teams fighting their guts out. We made some bad mistakes out there and some of them may have been due to not being as sharp and focused as we were the week before.

We never fell asleep on the Cardinals. We aren't worlds better than them. What happened out there was a football game that we fought and won.
So true. This was a hard fought game. Arizona has a good group of players too -- I suspect they are going to be tougher and tougher to play as they work into the season. I'm glad we played them at home, and early on in the season.

This was a great game to watch -- the Cards came here and played TOUGH. ....and <grinning> so did the Skins!

Agree and disagree. Some of the self destructiveness and foot shootingness, and sloppiness in the first half weren't due solely to to even teams fighting their guts out. We made some bad mistakes out there and some of them may have been due to not being as sharp and focused as we were the week before.

Dude.

Really? I know you're trying to sell the fact that your OP was on point, but it wasn't. The Cardinals are a good football team and we beat them. We didn't "almost fall asleep" on them. They came to play football.

Moss slipped as Grossman threw the pass that was the 1st INT. Refs totally blew the call of Pass Interference on the 2nd one. If it wasn't for those 2 plays we'd have been up 24-0 in the first half, 20-0 at worst. Even with that, and failing to make a kick later, we still won the game. It was much more difficult than it should have been though.

Dude.

Really? I know you're trying to sell the fact that your OP was on point, but it wasn't. The Cardinals are a good football team and we beat them. We didn't "almost fall asleep" on them. They came to play football.

I disagree with your disagreement and your choice to be disagreeable about our disagreement :D

I agree with your end thought that we beat them and we came back, but we also made some really bad mistakes and the question is why. None of us really know why... I think it may have something to do with sloppiness or inattention.

Archived