Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Romo is historically bad

Bacon

Nice to see the Skins fans never disappoint. You guys get a solid win today and decent quarterback play from Rexy (who fumbled and gave up a td on the play) and now you are holier than thou. He had two boneheaded plays against one of the best defenses in the league. Forget the fact thtat a bunch of other so called 'great' qbs played absolutely atrocious today. Nope. Romo sits to pee is the worst qb ever.

We will see in a couple of weeks just how bad Tony Romo sits to pee is....I will remember this thread.

I actually agree with you, Ken. Romo sits to pee is a very good QB and the Redskins didn't beat a fully-stocked Giant defense. I'm not under any impressions that we are suddenly "better" than Dallas. However, there aren't any threads in this forum that couldn't be found on Cowboy forums doing the same to Washington. It is what it is. We had a good opener and you didn't.

This type of rhetoric is organic to the rivalry. You're taking it a bit too personally. Cowboy fans exult over Redskin misfortune and vice versa. Looking forward to a competitive game in week 3.

He really does add a dimension of creativity to choking. Probably the most impressive choke artist in the history of football. He's a master. A modern day Picasso. He weaves a brilliant tapestry of pinpoint throws, incredible scrambles, amazing saves, and field generalship, but manages to leave one thread sticking out consistently for it to all come unraveled in time for the final whistle.

I stand in awe. I really do.

I absolutely LOVE what Romo sits to pee does to Cowboy Nation. He gives the Cowboys fans hope, then rips their beating hearts out of their chests and devours them raw and still-beating while they watch in grotesque astonishment. He has the physical talent and shows just enough to ensure that the starting job will remain his for years to come. I love this guy. And I love his smile at the end of the loss... :)

Listen, I don't think the Cowboys are that bad. Actually, I would venture to say they're a good football team, and will most likely be there at the end of the year.

But I still think Cowboy fans should be tempered against how they played against the Jets defense. The Jets have to blitz to bring pressure, they cannot generate it with their lineman alone. They might actually have one of the poorest Dlines in football. Blitzes play into Romo sits to pee's strengths. He can make quick reads, scramble, and get the ball out to receivers running in one-on-one coverage.

Where the Cowboys have to be worried is against teams like the Giants who can bring it with just their front 4, and Romo sits to pee is trying to look for the open guy with 7 defenders playing back and reading his eyes. That **** is going to be ugly. And Cowboys fans are going to be crying the blues regarding their Oline and how badly they bring the suck.

Gotta read the article from Grantland about Romo sits to pee. http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6943574/ultimate-high-school-quarterback

A personal brand like Tony Romo sits to pee's could work only in Texas, and more specifically, could be produced only by the smoke and mirrors of the Dallas Cowboys franchise. High school football isn't a celebration of high-level football, it is an ecosystem of enabling where we celebrate the generic positive traits of football. That's why those of us who live in Texas must think about the Dallas Cowboys as the state's supercharged high school football team.

The majority of high school quarterbacks ascend to alpha dog social status in their high school communities based on projected generic intangibles. They might not be the most physically gifted athletes, but their leadership, 'moxie,' and 'patience within the pocket' make them 'born leaders.'

Did Romo sits to pee earn his status as one of the league's most dependable quarterbacks, or is he just the overrated mediocrity of a high school quarterback who has done a good job of branding his intangible personality traits? Has Texas' need to create high school quarterback archetypes at every level transformed an affable, injury-prone, 'heady' athlete into its favorite cultural icon?

You think next weeks game verse the 49ers is a MUST WIN for them?

Can you imagine if they lose that game?!

It could be must win for Dallas.

If they lose to the 49ers and start 0-2, I can't imagine what it might do to their psyche. I'm sure visions of 1-7 from last year will enter their minds.

For the overall season, it is probably not must win for the Cowboys, but it might be mentally for them

It could be must win for Dallas.

If they lose to the 49ers, I can't imagine what it might do to their psyche. I'm sure visions of 1-7 from last year will enter their minds.

For the overall season, it is probably not must win for the Cowboys, but it might be mentally for them

Nobody in the world and I mean nobody picked Dallas to win last night. Maybe one or two analyst period. Even Dallas fans chalked that up as a loss before the game. We were shocked to be winning that game and I am happy that the team played well. Minus Romo sits to pee's two boneheaded plays we very easily could've won the game. We didn't, we lost time to move on.

We will beat San Fran. Then two tough but winnable games against Washington and Detroit. If we play like we did tonight we could go into our bye week 3-1 or 2-2.

This is not a 1-7 team. The defense played better then expected. Hell, we played without our #1, #2 and #3 Corner for 3/4 of the game! We had an undrafted FREE SAFETY playing Nickel Back! I was shocked the Jets didn't air it out more on us.

The team played well minus Romo sits to pee and our punt unit. I think we showed the league we do belong and could be in contention for a wild card.

Nobody in the world and I mean nobody picked Dallas to win last night. Maybe one or two analyst period. Even Dallas fans chalked that up as a loss before the game. We were shocked to be winning that game and I am happy that the team played well. Minus Romo sits to pee's two boneheaded plays we very easily could've won the game. We didn't, we lost time to move on.

We will beat San Fran. Then two tough but winnable games against Washington and Detroit. If we play like we did tonight we could go into our bye week 3-1 or 2-2.

This is not a 1-7 team. The defense played better then expected. Hell, we played without our #1, #2 and #3 Corner for 3/4 of the game! We had an undrafted FREE SAFETY playing Nickel Back! I was shocked the Jets didn't air it out more on us.

The team played well minus Romo sits to pee and our punt unit. I think we showed the league we do belong and could be in contention for a wild card.

Trust me, I wasn't doing a 'state of the franchise" thing on the Cowboys. Just playing the 'what if....' scenario should they lose to the 49ers Sunday.

Which IS possible.

Any given Sunday, you know. :)

Trust me, I wasn't doing a 'state of the franchise" thing on the Cowboys. Just playing the 'what if....' scenario should they lose to the 49ers Sunday.

Which IS possible.

Any given Sunday, you know. :)

Oh it's very possible. Very very possible. Any given sunday is correct, who would've thought some of the games went the way they did yesterday. That's why we love this game :cheers:

49ers are a rival of Dallas (or they consider themselves a rival). Those two teams hate each other. Pretty sure the 49ers will be pumped up for that one.

I watched one 49er game in the preseason, and they looked awful to me though.

; the Lions always play Dallas close - for whatever reason, even when they are bad.

skins fans: Outside of "its a rivalry and it will be close'....tell me please where you think the Skins are gonna match up well VS Dallas @ Dallas in 2 weeks???

How are we ever going to match up against a team that is now 6-12 in their last 18 games giving up 27.6 ponts per game in that span? I just can't see any hope. How can any team possibly compete against a team that has a defensive mastermind like Kathy Bates...errr. Rob Ryan on their sideline. Let's forget that the defense made Mark Sanchez look like Peyton Manning in the 2nd half. Lost in all the Tony Romo sits to pee unintentional comedy moments was the fact that the defense gave up 205 yards passing in the 2nd half alone. Contrast that with a Skins team that gave up a total of 102 yards in the second half against a Top 5 offensive team. I'm guessing the point spread will be somewhere near 20. If the Skins can beat the spread I'll be a happy, happy man.

.......I know Skins fans are pleased to be 1+-0 and get that win over the giants, and i know how happy they are over Dallas losing, but they (if honest about it...... and know a little about football) have to be concerned about the match up with Dallas.......skins fans: Outside of "its a rivalry and it will be close'....tell me please where you think the Skins are gonna match up well VS Dallas @ Dallas in 2 weeks???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akCNVezROwg

And this year, we have a defense that can see it home and overcome Rex's inevitable turnovers, aside from the fact the O's improved. You have a defense that's worse than the one Rex shredded in 30 minutes football, and which can't overcome 'The Chokers' turnovers.

Hail.

TRPB, why ignore the rivalry? The history says a lot. The Skins/Cowboys games very rarely end in blowouts.

On paper we don't match up with no one lol, we don't have that many stars, but what we do have is a good head coach, and a team that is confident and that is playing "together".

Our star is Shanahan.

49ers are a rival of Dallas (or they consider themselves a rival). Those two teams hate each other. Pretty sure the 49ers will be pumped up for that one.

I watched one 49er game in the preseason, and they looked awful to me though.

; the Lions always play Dallas close - for whatever reason, even when they are bad.

49ers-Cowboys is a historical rivalry.

GBH.............didt the skins lose that game LLS! nice post though.

Call it then, skins will win this game by a score of __________________?

I already said as much, i think the Cowboys win the first match up between the two with a 31-21 score. I think its obvious after week 1 which team is better between the two.......But this much we can agree on, The Giants a last place team, in the division and will prolly have a new coach this time next year....I understand its a rivalry. and i know its still 2 weeks away, but i watched both game s in full, and I got Dallas.........they are better then i thought they would be and prolly will end up with 9-10 wins. Skins are better too though and i can certainly see them with a 500 record. 8-8 is prolly the ceiling for the skins, but come on, that's with Rex Grossman as the QB, that is something the team should be proud of.

Call it then, skins will win this game by a score of __________________?

The game is two weeks away.

I think its obvious after week 1 which team is better between the two.......

How is it obvious? :ols:

and I got Dallas.........

I'm shocked. No. Really. A fan of the team picked their team. Groundbreaking analysis here, too. "I had the TV on for both games, I pick Dallas at the better team. I could have tossed a coin, but just decided to say Dallas because Dallas is Amurica's Team!"

Skins are better too though and i can certainly see them with a 500 record. 8-8 is prolly the ceiling for the skins, but come on, that's with Rex Grossman as the QB, that is something the team should be proud of.

Awww, thanks for kicking up our spirits. So nice of you. Glad to know that after a loss we have someone who can give us a little jump start and optimism... Wait, what's that? We're 1-0 and you're 0-1? Oh. I wouldn't have guessed from your cesspool of posts.

Archived