Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Romo is historically bad

Bacon

That's my point. It's historical. It doesn't exist anymore.

Ok, I thought you were saying it still was.

You could say that about the 'Skins/ Pukes man, outside of the fans.

When was the last time a Dallas/ Washington game had ANY National significance?

Hail.

But at least we are in the same division. The 49ers/Cowboys play once every few years. Hard to build a rivlary like that if there's nothing at stake.

Say what you want about Rex Grossman, he outplayed Romo sits to pee in week 1.

TRPB, just for reference, if I were to look at your history, what was your prediction week 1 of last year?

I had Dallas losing week 1 last year in Washington, I almost NEVER pick Dallas to win in Wash and vice versa. There are the occasional sweeps, but for the most part, I figure on Dallas losing in Washington, no matter how much better they may be or how much better i "think" they are then the skins. Lets face it, those two teams are pretty close this year and ;looks like a split with each home team winning.........Dallas 31-21 and in Washington Skins 24-13

But at least we are in the same division. The 49ers/Cowboys play once every few years. Hard to build a rivlary like that if there's nothing at stake.

Doubtless that's the case with the players, but I know a few Texan Cowboy fans who absolutely hate the '9ers. If that feelings still as strong on the West coast, that stadium should be rocking next Sunday.

Hail.

But this much we can agree on, The Giants a last place team, in the division and will prolly have a new coach this time next year....

People are always quick to write off the Giants - last time people did, they won the Super Bowl. I'm not ready to write em off yet.

They are good at drafting, and it wouldn't shock me if the new guys that come in, end up being solid players - over time.

Say what you want about Rex Grossman, he outplayed Romo sits to pee in week 1.

TRPB, just for reference, if I were to look at your history, what was your prediction week 1 of last year?

Yes because the Jets defense is = to a banged up Giants defense. Wow.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 11:44 AM ----------

I actually agree with you, Ken. Romo sits to pee is a very good QB and the Redskins didn't beat a fully-stocked Giant defense. I'm not under any impressions that we are suddenly "better" than Dallas. However, there aren't any threads in this forum that couldn't be found on Cowboy forums doing the same to Washington. It is what it is. We had a good opener and you didn't.

This type of rhetoric is organic to the rivalry. You're taking it a bit too personally. Cowboy fans exult over Redskin misfortune and vice versa. Looking forward to a competitive game in week 3.

I agree, you guys played well and I think will be in this race this year. I just disagree with the notion that we didn't have a good opener. I like the way our team played and we were banged up a bit. Playing the Jets on the road on 9/11 is not exactly an easy thing and we outplayed them for most of the game. We have to eliminate the dumb plays but we are a pretty young team. We should only get better barring injuries.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 11:46 AM ----------

Listen, I don't think the Cowboys are that bad. Actually, I would venture to say they're a good football team, and will most likely be there at the end of the year.

But I still think Cowboy fans should be tempered against how they played against the Jets defense. The Jets have to blitz to bring pressure, they cannot generate it with their lineman alone. They might actually have one of the poorest Dlines in football. Blitzes play into Romo sits to pee's strengths. He can make quick reads, scramble, and get the ball out to receivers running in one-on-one coverage.

Where the Cowboys have to be worried is against teams like the Giants who can bring it with just their front 4, and Romo sits to pee is trying to look for the open guy with 7 defenders playing back and reading his eyes. That **** is going to be ugly. And Cowboys fans are going to be crying the blues regarding their Oline and how badly they bring the suck.

I don't forsee Peter Paul and Mary doing to Free what he did to Trent Williams. So crying the blues probably won't happen.

GBH.............didt the skins lose that game LLS! nice post though.

Call it then, skins will win this game by a score of __________________?

I already said as much, i think the Cowboys win the first match up between the two with a 31-21 score. I think its obvious after week 1 which team is better between the two.......But this much we can agree on, The Giants a last place team, in the division and will prolly have a new coach this time next year....I understand its a rivalry. and i know its still 2 weeks away, but i watched both game s in full, and I got Dallas.........they are better then i thought they would be and prolly will end up with 9-10 wins. Skins are better too though and i can certainly see them with a 500 record. 8-8 is prolly the ceiling for the skins, but come on, that's with Rex Grossman as the QB, that is something the team should be proud of.

The Giants are much better than you give them credit. They are going to skull-**** your offensive line with their front 4. I can't wait.

The Giants are much better than you give them credit. They are going to skull-**** your offensive line with their front 4. I can't wait.

Agreed. The Giants actually impressed me yesterday. Yea, they looked sloppy at times and Eli looks horrendous but their defense looks solid and once they get healthy, they will be nasty again.

I have no idea what is wrong with Eli. He has always been shaky, but yesterday he was horrible.

Their running game and defense will keep them competitive and I would not be surprised if they win 9 to 10 games and will be in the hunt with the Eagles for the NFC-East crown.

Agreed. The Giants actually impressed me yesterday. Yea, they looked sloppy at times and Eli looks horrendous but their defense looks solid and once they get healthy, they will be nasty again.

I have no idea what is wrong with Eli. He has always been shaky, but yesterday he was horrible.

Their running game and defense will keep them competitive and I would not be surprised if they win 9 to 10 games and will be in the hunt with the Eagles for the NFC-East crown.

He was only horrible in the 4th quarter I thought. He looked pretty decent the rest of the game.

I think Eli is one of those QB's, if you hit him enough and you're playing with a lead, he starts to spiral downward.

Yes because the Jets defense is = to a banged up Giants defense. Wow.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 11:44 AM ----------

Even the banged up Giants D played us tough. They were definitly giving us fits with their pass rush.

Grossman also outplayed Romo sits to pee in the preseason. Practice well play well. Romos preseason struggles seem to be carrying on to the regular season. Grossmans success in the preseason seems to be carrying over into the regular season.

You have to admit, Rex seems to be playing well in the system. He looks a lot better than many predicted.

The Jets are better than the Giants on defense, but the Giants are no pushovers.

Even the banged up Giants D played us tough. They were definitly giving us fits with their pass rush.

Grossman also outplayed Romo sits to pee in the preseason. Practice well play well. Romos preseason struggles seem to be carrying on to the regular season. Grossmans success in the preseason seems to be carrying over into the regular season.

You have to admit, Rex seems to be playing well in the system. He looks a lot better than many predicted.

The Jets are better than the Giants on defense, but the Giants are no pushovers.

The Giants have a much, much, much better Dline. The jets have a better secondary. They have to blitz to get pressure, the Giants don't.

Like I said above, when Dallas plays a team with a strong front they are going to look AWFUL. Romo sits to pee is going to be under pressure and having to throw into 7 man secondaries, instead of 5 man secondaries filled with man-coverage like he saw last night.

Rexy looked very good yesterday. If he continues there is no reason to believe that the skins won't contend for the division. One thing about Shanahan is that he knows how to run an offense and he is excellent with QBs....

You never can tell.... The Packers were injured last year and teams were appearently going to abuse them etc... Their season was done etc... Their defense ended up being pretty darn good.

; like I said before, the Giants have been down this path before, injuries, losing streak etc... then they have young guys who come out of nowhere, and the team wins the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying they are a Super Bowl team, but they are a regime that's been together awhile, and they are very good at finding talent. I could be wrong, but I think they'e going to give the other teams in the division fits.

I just know what I saw, and I didn't feel like we were playing a bad defense. I could be wrong...

Hell, even with all their injuries, I've seen some people picking them to win the division.

; I know it sounds crazy, but just because the Jets were a good defense last year, doesn't mean they will be this year - example, Dallas used to have a top defense, now they are terrible.

I agree, you guys played well and I think will be in this race this year. I just disagree with the notion that we didn't have a good opener. I like the way our team played and we were banged up a bit. Playing the Jets on the road on 9/11 is not exactly an easy thing and we outplayed them for most of the game. We have to eliminate the dumb plays but we are a pretty young team. We should only get better barring injuries.

You won't get any arguments from me. All I meant by the term "bad season opener" was that you lost. I also thought the Cowboys looked good overall.

For real. I'm so pissed because I turned the game so I could watch the season finale of True Blood. I thought for sure Dallas had that game. Dammit! I should've just watched True Blood later but the Jets were pissin me off.

You should be pissed, especially since True Blood will be on another 30 times this week.

really? LMAO

this is going to be fun to watch

Here it is: This guy works at WFAN in New York.

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob

**UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: Cowboys D-Cord Rob Ryan overheard shouting at Romo sits to pee heading into locker-room "STOP ACTING LIKE A SUPERSTAR" #IBN

I like this one personally:

RT"@CRM_Stephen: If Tony Romo sits to pee and Mark Sanchez played darts it would take weeks and thousands of people would die."

I don't get why he thought it was funny that he threw a game ending pick.

Can you imagine how our local media would react, if one of our QBs did that?

Is Romo sits to pee secretly working for Snyder?!

It certainly looks like Rob Ryan is stepping on Jason Garrett's toes.

How long before he's the head coach? - in all seriousness. To me they don't seem like an ideal fit - the "gentle" "passive agressive" coaching style of JG, mixed with the "over the top" agressive nature of the Ryans.

Archived