Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Terrell Owens is in tears over some financial issues

Gridiron Grunt

"Football season is on a standstill, so I have no income at this point. None. On top of that, you're talking about the mortgage of all the real estate that I do have. And on top of that, child support."

tmm5a.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Terrell-Owens-is-in-tears-over-some-financial-is?urn=nfl-wp6582

I just don't understand this. How can some one with a long successful career like his have trouble paying his bills after just a few months without income?! I'm sure he made millions and millions over the span of his career. On the video he claims to have a 500-600 credit score. What scares me the most is the amount of professional athletes in his position we don't know about. Does the NFL, NBA, etc. not prepare these guys for the amount of money they are about to come into?

Oh they try to prepare them. Some (most?) are just too dumb to listen.

Notice he says "ALL of the real estate that I do have." I wonder how many homes that includes? And I'm sure there are none that are, ahem, over the top (10,000+ sf)

And child support? Didn't know he had any kid(s). How many children does he have that he's paying for?

There's another thread about Dez Bryant's financial issues, already, in his second year of football. He spent $600k+ on jewelry. Yes, jewelry. You just can't make this stuff up.

look whether it's TO or Bernie Madoff ... or your dead beat uncle,

most people, including probably myself don't know how to handle more money then they are use to, especially when it comes easy. that is the thing ... easy money makes fools out of anyone.

you can't talk crap unless you have had vast sums of money dumped you. if you have, let's hear how much, and how you handled it.

that being said, he's a jerk and he probably deserves this ...i'm not excusing him, i'm just sayin.

look whether it's TO or Bernie Madoff ... or your dead beat uncle,

most people, including probably myself don't know how to handle more money then they are use to, especially when it comes easy. that is the thing ... easy money makes fools out of anyone.

you can't talk crap unless you have had vast sums of money dumped you. if you have, let's hear how much, and how you handled it.

that being said, he's a jerk and he probably deserves this ...i'm not excusing him, i'm just sayin.

Wait, what? If he's not smart enough to figure out how to pay his bills when he's not bringing in a paycheck, then he's an idiot. He's earned millions, MILLIONS of dollars the past 15 years. As I said in my previous post, he is implying he has multiple pieces of real estate. How many and what there are is anybodys guess. But to not be in a position to make payments on these makes him a moron.

And I've never had a "vast sum of money" dumped into my lap. But I'm pretty sure, after spending a few dollars on some non-essential crap, I'd still have money to pay my bills.

I have no sympathy for T.O as a football player he had to know that the day was coming when the big paydays would cease. Maybe he should pitch an idea about a reality dating show to VH -1 or something?? Try broadcasting? Or downsize and make do until you get a job. #reallifeproblems

I just don't understand this. How can some one with a long successful career like his have trouble paying his bills

I project and take into account my monthly revenue when levaging any financial risk.

If the United States lost all its revenue stream tomorrow and could not take in one more dollar, how long do you think social security payments would continue, how long would the fed govt carry on and continue?

I project and take into account my monthly revenue when levaging any financial risk.

If the United States lost all its revenue stream tomorrow and could not take in one more dollar, how long do you think social security payments would continue, how long would the fed govt carry on and continue?

The chances of the US losing it's Revenue stream are non existent. When you enter the NFL you KNOW your days are numbered from the start.

It's funny how some of you say, well Dez Bryant is young and doesn't know any better, which is fine, but TO is 36. He should have known by the time he turned 30 that his playing days were over. Magic Johnson is still rich because he knew he wouldn't play basketball forever and he invested his money in theatres, stores, etc. and still has good cash flow to this day. He was smart.

On top of huge mansions and the mortgage, they also have to pay for maintenance, security, etc. These guys don't pay attention to finance issues and never get the education they should be getting because college athletes (especially the stars) are coddled all throughout the 2-4 years they stay in school.

On top of all their mortgages and other cost of living finances, these players also have large posse's. Anyone ever see the piece on ex-Boston Celtic Antoine Walker? Dude ran himself financially into the ground a good portion of the money was spent on keeping his "friends" and associates living the same lifestyle as him.

EDIT: his credit rating. :doh: :doh: :doh:

I don't think TO was crying over bad money habits, he even stated in the vid that he is good with his money. I thought he was crying because he thought he may have been getting swindled by the company he put in charge of his accounts.

What has TO done to anyone on this site? Yea's he's an ass but he's not a bad person.

Laughing at someone's misfortunes who doesnt even know you exist is a beta male trait

Archived