Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Attendees, how drunk are you when you enter the stadium?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Usually just a buzz for me, if that. And any buzz is usually killed by that hike to the upper deck.

At our massacre of the 49ers a few years back I saw a guy puke all over himself in the stadium before the game even started. His friend had to carry him out and I assume they both missed the game. What the **** is the point of getting that drunk?

i'm pretty hammered ... i mean, it's a pretty wild scence when we tailgate. we'll all average between 5-10 shotguns.

let me say this we always have some pretty legendary stories to tell ...and they never involve fighting, being disrespectful. just really crazy funny **** that happens to us and people around us.

my god the day a fedex field beer vendor joined us for a few before the game, holy crap. he could barely stand when he was drinking with us, NO WAY we thought he was going to be able to work once the game started. sure enough, dude was selling beers running up and down stairs. mind blowing. he got tanked with us! hahaha.

I might buy a beer once I get there, but that's all. I'm usually driving back to VA right after the game, so drinking isn't an option. I drink very little in general though, so it's no big deal.

I DEFINTELY eat beforehand though. Not gonna buy a $15 hotdog or whatever.

I can't see straight, there is this scene in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", where both of them are trying to go through the turnstiles on ether. Yeah that's how I get, its a horrible site.

I drink more at the tailgates then I ever did in college. Mainly because in college i was broke, now I can actually buy top shelf liquor. Plus peer pressure is mixed in too..that's why I like watching the games at home. When I go to a game, I can't even remember watching the game or what happened.

Yes! too funny, i hear ya. i go with a bunch of meatheads that played ball at differnet levels going all the way up to D-1 and man, they get after it and so do I, but i feel ya on the peer pressure thing.

I've had moments where I've gotten close to blackout, but I hate not being able to control myself so I've tried to stay away from the drinks that I know will put me way on my ass like that. It's been a very long time since I've been at that stage. I will say that I average somewhere in-between a bit sloppy and wouldn't drive a car. Not out of control, or belligerent in any way, but definitely wobbly to the point where driving is out of the question. By around halftime I'm coming down and by the end of the game/maybe an hour of chilling in the post game tailgate I'm fine.

This could all change based on the first big decision I make entering the tailgate, which is, Drink or Eat. If I eat at a tailgate I barely drink, if I'm drinking I may snack on a little something but the ratio is lopsided one way or the other.

Usually just a buzz for me, if that. And any buzz is usually killed by that hike to the upper deck.

At our massacre of the 49ers a few years back I saw a guy puke all over himself in the stadium before the game even started. His friend had to carry him out and I assume they both missed the game. What the **** is the point of getting that drunk?

First off, like EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Next, who the Hell get's to the state where they puke all over themselves through alcohol? Like at any time or anywhere? A naive kid maybe, but all over yourself? SMH.

Hail.

However, that game some years back against the Bears in December when JC dislocated his knee cap. It was so cold that night, beer was freezing in our beer pong cups in the parking lot before the game. I busted my ass on black ice in the parking lot at least a half dozen times. I was blackout hammered that night. Those 400 level seats are FREEZING in December.

That was I think the coldest I have ever been in my entire life. Brutal. I remember seeing a lot people just sleeping in the upperdeck. And I dont even fault them. That was the only escape from the bitter cold.

I went with a bit sloppy but I usually fall somewhere between wouldnt drive and sloppy drunk. I have also went in stone cold sober, of course that was before I met

the hooligans that hang out at the ES Tailgate. :ols:

Most games I get what I call my "first half drunk" on before the game and then don't drink once I leave the tailgate.

I have never understood the obsession on ES with how much people drink before Redskins games, like it is some evil phenomenon that only exists at FedEx Field.

I have been to college, NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, and NASCAR events in cities across the country from New York to LA.

At every single event I have attended, I have seen people who have had way too much to drink. This isn't a Redskins issue, but an issue with sports in general. The population that attends sporting events have been inundated with beer and liquor ads ever since they were old enough to watch sports on TV. This has created an subliminal connotation in minds of many fans between sporting events and the consumption of alcohol.

Simply put, if you don't want to deal with drunks, stay at home and watch on TV.

The only way to keep drunks away from sporting events would be to have all professional and leagues and colleges band together and end all commercial relationships with alcohol companies, ban tailgating (like at Jiffy Lube Live) and stop selling beer in the stadium. However, the pro leagues and colleges make way too much money off of alcohol to make this even a remote possibility.

I got pretty bad one game last year, the Colts game. My group got me under control when I passed the obnoxious line. Never to the point where I would start a fight. Usually, I have a good buzz going into the game but by the second quarter I am usually done drinking and then usually hungry. Who wants to get to a point where they do not remember the game?

I love to tailgate so I am sad that they are not opening up early but I can understand the reason. It will be the next thing that the NFL will have to address. There is just too many hooliganism type events happening and I am quite sure we will see our share posted here as the season goes on. :(

However, that game some years back against the Bears in December when JC dislocated his knee cap. It was so cold that night, beer was freezing in our beer pong cups in the parking lot before the game. I busted my ass on black ice in the parking lot at least a half dozen times. I was blackout hammered that night. Those 400 level seats are FREEZING in December.

That was the worst I had ever been at FedEx. I got to the lots early, had some friends in town and got a poorly-timed call from an ex right as I was starting to drink. We were staying at the Hampton Inn right off the Beltway, and a friend and I tried to walk back and got lost. Eventually ended up getting a cab, but we were out in the cold for a few hours and the cab would not go to Taco Bell. Rough night.

But to answer the question, it depends on whether I am driving. I normally have a few beers before the game, and may have a very slight buzz when I walk in, but if I am driving, I won't drink during the game. If I am not driving, I might have a couple during the game, but I am not going to get sloppy or anything like that. I can really only remember a few times when I have been legitimately drunk at Skins games.

I'm blackout drunk right now. No telling what I'll post. Better not run into royallypwned up in here!

(Just kidding. I do not endorse getting blackout drunk and then posting on ES. Also, I do not endorse punching royallypwned. I think.)

I'm lucky if I haven't shived a guy before the first inning - it's that bad. Kickoff is a blur of whizzing pixies and pink elephants dancing around a maypole. Dallas game? Forget about it.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the Lusitania on final descent. I never remember anything, not my name - let alone my SSN for police booking. I'd say "comatose" should be a category.

But I'd do it again, Wombat!

I'm a huge fan of drinking to oblivion, because if you don't remember it, it didn't happen!

I go to a lot of Redskins losses... Or do I?

I make it a point to stumble into small children and slur racial slurs. I cheer on offense because I don't think they feel as encouraged as the defense and I sit through the entire halftime just so that I can get up as many times during the 3rd and 4th quarter to get beer or go to the bathroom or have a smoke.

No poll option for stoned?!?

Too bad weed is such a taboo, and illegal in these parts...If the laws were more loose (like Colorado / California), I'd be eating a bunch of brownies before games, and only have a few beers to wash them down.

As it is, I used to drink somewhere between 6 to 12 Light beers...Now that I'm older, my taste have changed, and I drink like 3 to 5 good quality beers (like Bells Two Hearted Ale - 7% alcohol).

Usually crush a 5th of Captain with another guy I go with. No beer when you don't park close to a wooded area. Pissing every 5 minutes isn't fun at all when the Johnny lines are 40 deep. Happy drunk though, love to have conversation with those around me. Don't drink inside the stadium at all though, I have a 3 hour drive home. By the time the game is over, stone cold sober.

Depends on who I go to the game with but I usually have a few drinks down before heading in. I usually don't end up getting wasted though, but it has happened on occasion.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 05:36 PM ----------

Usually crush a 5th of Captain with another guy I go with. No beer when you don't park close to a wooded area. Pissing every 5 minutes isn't fun at all when the Johnny lines are 40 deep. Happy drunk though, love to have conversation with those around me. Don't drink inside the stadium at all though, I have a 3 hour drive home. By the time the game is over, stone cold sober.

Good call, I usually stick to liquor when I go to sporting events because the bathrooms do tend to get overcrowded.

Archived