Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Attendees, how drunk are you when you enter the stadium?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

As you know, tailgate lots are not opening early this year due to overly intoxicated fans last year.

So, what I want to know is how ES is feeling when you walk into the skins game?

Feel free to elaborate - do you drink more when we suck? Do you drink more when we're good? etc. etc.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 12:15 PM ----------

As the weather gets colder, I tend to drink more. Early tailgate lots definitely had me in near blackout states, but I'm a very peaceful drunk, albeit a loudly cheering one.

My problem is I become a hero. Drunk heroes are no good.

As you know, tailgate lots are not opening early this year due to overly intoxicated fans last year.

Where is that posted? The lots are still opening four hours prior to kickoff as usual. We had two night games last year that allowed for extra tailgating, but we have zero night games (as of now) that are scheduled for this season.

Please tell me where a Redskins official said that lots are opening less than four hours prior to kickoff because fans were overly intoxicated.

When I went to games regularly, I always was pretty buzzed going in, and maintained that buzz the whole game. I never got too bad because, well, there's no reason, but also I was always WAY up there and I had this fear of killing myself on those steep ass stairs.

However, that game some years back against the Bears in December when JC dislocated his knee cap. It was so cold that night, beer was freezing in our beer pong cups in the parking lot before the game. I busted my ass on black ice in the parking lot at least a half dozen times. I was blackout hammered that night. Those 400 level seats are FREEZING in December.

I can't see straight, there is this scene in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", where both of them are trying to go through the turnstiles on ether. Yeah that's how I get, its a horrible site.

I drink more at the tailgates then I ever did in college. Mainly because in college i was broke, now I can actually buy top shelf liquor. Plus peer pressure is mixed in too..that's why I like watching the games at home. When I go to a game, I can't even remember watching the game or what happened.

Sober. I have some drinks at the tailgate, but I'm always on level before I head into the stadium.

I think the employees should be given more power and leeway to turn away obviously intoxicated fans at the gate. Drinking before and at a game is fine, but there is never an excuse for someone to be falling down, cursing, vomiting drunk. People like that can ruin the experience for everyone.

I gota' ask the OP and one or two others who've been in the 'blackout' stage ..... why?

I'm certainly no novice when it comes to sporting events, or drinking before, during and after them; all over England and the vast majority of Country's in Europe. Given we only have 16 NFL games a year, and a few more in the post season if we're lucky; by shear duration of season my game going attendance would blow any 'Skins fans out of the water I'd venture over the years. And the length and breath of dedication (or downright stupidity dependent on your view point) going to not only other Country's, but other Continents following my team would blow most away. All following one of the World's, and England's, most successful soccer teams, Liverpool FC. My home town team. I'm a Scouser. I come from a drinking culture. And boy do we know how to party at games, particularly big ones. So I certainly get the drinking aspect of tailgating.

But I've NEVER gotten to the state where I can't remember what I've paid (or not over the years like you wouldn't believe, but that's a whole set of other story's) hard earned money to watch. To me, that TOTALLY defeats the object to get so bladdered you can't remember the next day what you've been to see. When you get to that state, that's just drinking for drinking's sake for me. I honestly don't get it.

If someone can explain the point of getting to such a state, I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Hail.

This is a thread that may be better with pictures...I am sure that there are enough incriminating pics floating around ES.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 03:46 PM ----------

Mine is usually either a little buzzed or I wouldn't drive a car right now. Depends on if I have a DD or not. I have gone overboard before and always regret it, so as one who lives in a glass house I'll refrain form throwing stones.
Damn...I remember one taligate where you were auditioning for the "Weekend at Bob's" role :)

And we don't have to bring up the "G" word hahaha

Since I am usually a vistor in Tampa and this year Miami, I find that a good buzz but not wasted helps, added to that a good sense of humor.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 03:48 PM ----------

I don't understand the Blackout option. I only drink a few beers but that doesn't mean cowboy fans are safe.;):ols:

It is just an excuse if you ended up punching one.

I gota' ask the OP and one or two others who've been in the 'blackout' stage ..... why? .

I can only speak for myself, but when it has happened, it was not something I set out or planned to do. I was there with a bunch of really good friends all bringing unique and some unusual drinks and I start off trying them and before you know it your goin downhill like a runaway snowball, and then bam your out of it. The when you realize how drunk you were, you're like OH ****.

By the time I am at the pat down I am shotgunning my last beer that I've taken from my car to the stadium and I have eaten as much as I want to eat for the next 3.5 hours.

I'm not giving that money grubbing charlatan any more of my hard earned money than I have to to see the game in person.

Archived