Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

turnersportsdesk.com: Trade Talk: Redskins and Bills talking Chris Cooley for Lee Evans (M.E.T.)

DRSmith

I posted this in the other Trade Cooley thread that we had, but Cooley has been one of our most consistent pass-catchers each year, and is still very productive and in his peak years. At this point, he's also a better blocker than Davis.

The ONLY reason I'd think about trading Cooley is because we are deep at the TE position and have holes elsewhere. But if we do trade him, we need to get solid value in return, not Lee Evans.

We are deep with Cooley. We are not deep at all without him.

That has to be viewed strongly if we want to continue to improve and develop these youngsters. We need to move the chains in order to get the young WR's more plays on the field. Cooley should be a strong component to this offense staying on the field.

We should do something to clean up the dumb pick of Davis. A fine player but he is just injury depth witb cooley in the fold.

I am still impressed he is around after schlongplaybookgate. I dont mind if he gets traded assuming like last year we never run the 2 TE set. I did like how NE opened with a 3 TE set a year ago. We just seem to have no interest in using both.

Why am I not surprised. Not at trading Cooley, but at the fact we are linked to another WR. I remember writing something on Hogs Haven that Shanahan is addicted to WRs and as long as he is the coach of the team we will be linked to every WR that hit the market or possible trade talks with WRs teams are trying to ship.

I personally believe Shanahan is not going to stop until he has a all-star WR bunch. He is probably looking at the Eagles and Patriots enviously because that is the WR bunch he dreams of having. When Brandon Marhshall starts to act up in Miami then look at us to be linked to him or when Eddie Royal hit the market we will be linked to him. Larry don't resign with Cards, 33+ year old Andre Johnson hit the market, or the Eagles try to unload Desean for doing TO like things...we will be there.

LOL this is exactly why I didn't bother reading through this thread.

Some random guy (and yes, this is some random internet blogger posing as a reporter) comes up with a trade idea that he thinks would benefit both sides, and people start losing their brains.

Take a step away from the ledge.

We should do something to clean up the dumb pick of Davis. A fine player but he is just injury depth witb cooley in the fold.

I am still impressed he is around after schlongplaybookgate. I dont mind if he gets traded assuming like last year we never run the 2 TE set. I did like how NE opened with a 3 TE set a year ago. We just seem to have no interest in using both.

I do think we'll see the 2 TE set this year though, since that's such a strength on the roster.

Why do you dislike Chris so much? You are wrong again,his numbers are top 5-10 year in and year out.

I'd give him top 15 sometimes, but he doesn't sniff the top 10 as far as numbers go. I don't dislike Cooley, I dislike the fans that think he's the greatest thing ever. Like you guys who are on here now crying like it'll be the curse of the bambino if we trade the man.

He's good, he is not great. He never was the best in the league.

I'd give him top 15 sometimes, but he doesn't sniff the top 10 as far as numbers go. I don't dislike Cooley, I dislike the fans that think he's the greatest thing ever. Like you guys who are on here now crying like it'll be the curse of the bambino if we trade the man.

He's good, he is not great. He never was the best in the league.

You know what I dislike? People that say things that aren't true.

Cooley doesn't sniff top 10 as far as numbers go?

He is almost always in top 10 catches/yards for TEs.

Most sports and news sites have him constantly in the top 10.

2010 2nd in receptions, 3rd in yards,

2009 Was hurt so can't blame him there. He was doing well until the foot injury

2008 2nd in receptions, 4th in yards

2007 5th in receptions, 5th in yards, 3rd in TDs

2006 8th in receptions, 7th in yards

2005 4th in receptions, 6th in yards

So yeah he NEVER sniffs the top 10 as far as numbers go. :rolleyes: What ****ing numbers do you base top 10 on? :stick:

Archived