Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

turnersportsdesk.com: Trade Talk: Redskins and Bills talking Chris Cooley for Lee Evans (M.E.T.)

DRSmith

redskinsfeedr Washington Redskins

Yardbarker - Redskins Football News: Trade Talk: Redskins and Bills talking Chris Cooley for Lee Evans http://ffd.me/oWH6du #skins #redskins

All i can say is WOW

There's nothing to say "WOW" about...the whole thing is pure speculation, they never say trade talks are happening, they only say that since the Bills are allegedly wanting to shop Evans that the Skins should consider offering up Cooley.

There's nothing to say "WOW" about...the whole thing is pure speculation, they never say trade talks are happening, they only say that since the Bills are allegedly wanting to shop Evans that the Skins should consider offering up Cooley.

To me it is wow because there are guys you always consider core, maybe they do not see am the same scoring threat that they see the other TES as.Watching Evans he seems to have talent as a wideout

Here's what it says:

The Buffalo Bills are not so quietly looking to move the productive 8 year veteran wide receiver Lee Evans. Meanwhile the much anticipated emergence of Mackey Award winning tight end Fred Davis leaves the Redskins with two good tight ends which is one too many considering their lack of depth and talent at other positions.

Cooley is super popular and a very good football player but from all accounts Fred Davis is finally living up to his 2nd round draft grade. He is a nightmare match up for slower linebackers and smaller safeties plus he gives the Redskins a vertical threat at TE position which is something both Shanahans love. Chris Cooley is a smart, tough and hard to tackle guy that finds holes but he will never be confused with a vertical threat. Cooley is super productive except in the red zone of late but he is still an upgrade over any of the TEs the Bills have on their roster.

The Redskins are in desperate need of a lot of things so a productive Lee Evans combined with Santana Moss would give the Redskins offense some much needed bite at the wide receiver position especially since it appears the Malcolm Kelly experiment is just about done.

So far, nothing that actually talks of any trade convos occurring between the clubs...

The Buffalo Bills want to deal Evans but want a quality player in return. Cooley would quickly become a fan favorite in Buffalo due to his work ethic, production and his off the beaten path personality. As Fred Davis continues his rapid ascension Cooley will not be able to hold on to his job so why wouldn't the Redskins deal him now in order to fill a greater need with a very productive player in Evans? This could be a win-win for both

Again...nothing in there that says ANYTHING about actual trade talks occurring...only the assumption that Cooley's gonna lose his starting job anyway, so why not trade him.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 02:15 AM ----------

To me it is wow because there are guys you always consider core, maybe they do not see am the same scoring threat that they see the other TES as.Watching Evans he seems to have talent as a wideout

That's not really anything to say "WOW" over, though. Somebody online thinks the Skins should trade Cooley for--wait for it--yet ANOTHER WR lol...maybe it's just me, but that doesn't qualify as "WOW"-worthy, especially "wow" in all caps. :)

By the way, who on Twitter was saying this about Cooley and Evans?

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 02:25 AM ----------

for many fans I think it would be wow if he was traded since for many he is viewed in such high esteem

If they actually DID the trade, I'd say "WOW"...but merely someone speculating that they "should" trade Cooley?...That makes me say "yawn" if anything :ols:..

Unfortunately it's never said where they heard this from.

That was the tweet feed I got from redskinsfeedr

Ah, ok...

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 02:30 AM ----------

Yeh.. I read this article too and I was surprised. I dont think this will happen. I dont want to trade Cooley for Lee Evans. Cooley is a core Redskin and at this point Anthony Armstrong is similar to Evans IMO.

Can I ask what surprised you about it?

Hey if it is much ado about nothing then sorry to get you upset Cali

It didn't upset me :ols:...But I dispise seeing speculation treated as proven fact (not aiming that remark at you, by the way...). If something this serious is indeed happening, I want to read where the person first reporting it is getting their info from. But the link you provided doesn't even say they have any new info or where they heard it from...they just talk about why they think it would be a good idea for the Skins to pursue trading Cooley.

The title of the article is the ONLY thing about the article that indicates the Skins are actually talking to the Bills about trading Cooley lol :ols:...and I was hoping the overall reaction by us Skins fans would be an eyeroll until something far more concrete comes to the surface.

For the record, looking on google it appears the Cardinals, Dolphins and maybe the Giants keep getting linked to Evans, not the Redskins.

I hate the way they worded it in the tweets, as if the Skins and Bills are in "talks". Then, as Cali pointed out, the actual article states absolutely nothing about the Bills and Skins discussing a trade. Annoyingly desperate to get some hits it seems.

Anyway, if we were to trade Cooley, I'd love for it to be for an Olineman, DB, LB, or Dlineman... I think we're ok at WR at this point for the first time in a long time. If we bring in Evans that says a lot about where our rookies are at this point. Looks like they'll all be going to the practice squad and Hankerson will probably be the 5th or 6th guy on the roster. That being said, a WR combo of Evans, Gaffney, Moss in the slot, with Armstrong in the mix as well as when we go 4 wide would be pretty awesome.

It didn't upset me :ols:...But I dispise seeing speculation treated as proven fact (not aiming that remark at you, by the way...). If something this serious is indeed happening, I want to read where the person first reporting it is getting their info from. But the link you provided doesn't even say they have any new info or where they heard it from...they just talk about why they think it would be a good idea for the Skins to pursue trading Cooley.

The title of the article is the ONLY thing about the article that indicates the Skins are actually talking to the Bills about trading Cooley lol :ols:...and I was hoping the overall reaction by us Skins fans would be an eyeroll until something far more concrete comes to the surface.

For the record, looking on google it appears the Cardinals, Dolphins and maybe the Giants keep getting linked to Evans, not the Redskins.

Crap I mixed this one up the Skins actual twitter, put a little too much into it.

If we're gonna trade Cooley, I would hope we could get better value than Evans or find something in the way of a draft pick for him (and by value, I mean a better player or a position where we need more help). Otherwise, just keep the depth at TE. This move would seem to benefit the Bills much more than us. We're crowded at WR, they need help at TE.

Evans only had 37 rec in '10 and 44 in '09.

Lee Evans and Johnny Knox are likely available.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 05:55 AM ----------

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Bills are close to trading Lee Evans to an undisclosed team.

Appearing on NFL Countdown Thursday night, Schefter confirmed that the Bills have indeed decided to move on from their 30-year-old deep threat, probably in exchange for a late-round pick. "It looks like a trade could be consummated within the next 48 hours," Schefter reported. The Cardinals are known to have interest in Evans, and the Ravens would be silly not to look.

Trading Chris Cooley for the winner of the Tour de France, Cadel Evans? Great idea.

If we would make this trade I am going to be mad for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time....wtf Evans, the dude is in his decline and Cooley in his prime.

Not going to disagree with you on the trade aspect (at least for Evans). I am all about trading Cooley, I think he's over rated and Fred Davis is much better at this point. I really don't care what anyone else thinks about Cooley or his jersey sales. But, that being said, Cooley is far from his prime, man. Ever since he went down with the ankle injury (and Fred Davis came in and was on fire) he hasn't been the same.

Cooley has never played for a winner and he's never been a winner, all the way back to high school. Great dude, fun guy, not a winner.

I'm all for trading Cooley to improve this team. I love Cooley but I love the team more than one player. If it will put us in a better position than yesterday than its an obvious trade while Cooley still has value. Having said that, I dont trade for Lee Evans. Any other trade for Cooley should be considered.

I will never understand why so many people either want us to trade Cooley or wouldn't care if we did. I think that really contradicts the idea that we should try to draft great players and hang onto them which I swear is thrown around nearly as much. Davis has looked good in limited action but he is not and never will be Cooley.

I will never understand why so many people either want us to trade Cooley or wouldn't care if we did. I think that really contradicts the idea that we should try to draft great players and hang onto them which I swear is thrown around nearly as much. Davis has looked good in limited action but he is not and never will be Cooley.

Most of the guys who get upset about trading Cooley are you younger guys. Not trying to be stand offish here, but Cooley (in my opinion) had a phenominal game against the Cowboys in December 2005, and has been everyone's favorite player since. I personally, don't think he is the best player at his position anymore, and he is on the down slope of his career. I also think we've waited two years too long to trade him.

The good organizations out there get rid of players a year too early (the Patriots) the bad organizations out there get rid of players a year too late or hang on to them as novelties or for sentimental value....that's us. Davis has more TDs than Cooley in the last two years and is better in the redzone, where Cooley used to be valuable, but has since disappeared.

I know I'm one of "the younger guys" as you say but I still long for the days when really good players got to retire with the team that drafted them. If we trade Cooley, next year everyone will want to trade Davis then. I don't even look at last year's TD numbers considering that Rex Grossman of all people got 7 TDs in the last three games while McNabb only had 14 in 13 games. We really didn't have enough passing TDs to throw around.

see if we did and don't think we should but look at what bears got for Olsen? a 3rd rounder i believe? Look at the numbers, and know Olsen has less years but Cooleys been productive just about every year, don't think we should trade for a 30 year-old

2010 - 16 games..77 recs..849 yards..3 TD's

2009 - 9 games....29 recs..332 yards..2 TD's

2008 - 16 games..83 recs..849 yards..1 TD

2007 - 16 games..66 recs..786 yards..8 TD's

2006 - 16 games..57 recs..734 yards..6 TD's

2005 - 16 games..71 recs..774 yards..7 TD's

2004 - 9 games....37 recs..314 yards..6 TD's

Greg Olsen

2010 - 13 games..41 recs..404 yards..5 TD's

2009 - 15 games..60 recs..612 yards..8 TD's

2008 - 7 games....54 recs..574 yards..5 TD's

2007 - 4 gs..........39 recs..391 yards..2 TD's