Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Rome Show: Bill Romanowski on McNabb, Haynesworth

Hitman21ST

I heard part of this on a sports show on the way home. They said: Listen to what Romo sits to pee has to say about Haynesworth. Of course, I assumed Tony Romo sits to pee. I have to admit, I started to actually respect and like a Cowgirl QB for the first time in my life. I am glad to learn today that I can go back to hating all cowgirl players.

Hahaha remember when there was talks about Romanowski becoming our strength + conditioning coach?

That would have been absolutely hilarious... This guy is a walking freakshow and I love everything he does/says because I am not directly effected by it.

Even better would be him teaming up with Riggo for a radio or TV slot. To quote Casey Kasem (via Negativland) "Ponderous man, ****ing ponderous!!!"

Mike Shanahan wanted McNabb. And he made it happen, against internal voices. It was a bad decision for him and he quickly moved away from it. Both acts, the acquisition and the conclusion, take autonomy and power to pull off. The move was probably the most disastrous move the Redskins have made in a decade. I don't consider the acquisition of Haynesworth a disaster as he played pretty well his first year. While a mistake to implement a system where your highest paid guy really won't ever be designed to make an impact, it was just bad timing more than anything else. I'm just glad that it was Shanahan who made the McNabb move, as this board would be out of control perpetually had it actually been Snyder who made the signing and Vinny who made the trade :).

in what way was that the worse move of the decade, he helped us win some games last year even if they didnt get along, and as for the pick well we got it back in trades in the draft. dude cmon i can name hundreds of worse moves in the past decade; McNabb wasnt the future we tried to be competitive and it didnt work out so we went with something different. could not disagree more.

I'm not sure I'd put too much stock into anything Romanowski says, even if he is right.

When it has to deal with his former coach, you can probably assume that it's pretty spot on.

---------- Post added August-10th-2011 at 07:40 PM ----------

He's a little off on Haynesworth. He was a total ***** when he was in Tennessee. Getting paid just made it easy for him to go full time *****.

warning: language

I recall Shanny voicing displeasure with the practice tempo several times last year. I'm too lazy to look anything up on it, but it was definitely shots at McNabb's practice habits.

Very true and this was said by the Shannys....DMac was entrenched in his ways and leeway given by Reid...sorry that a new regime asked you to tailor to their wants....see vomiting in the huddle at the SB...so was T.O. correct? perhaps.

Even though Romanowski may not be the best person in the world, maybe I'll take his word on this one. If McNabb was really that lazy, it's amazing that he lasted until the Detroit game. Although I'm not in favor of either Beck or Grossman, I hope they can do things in Shanahan's offense that McNabb wasn't able to.

in what way was that the worse move of the decade, he helped us win some games last year even if they didnt get along, and as for the pick well we got it back in trades in the draft. dude cmon i can name hundreds of worse moves in the past decade; McNabb wasnt the future we tried to be competitive and it didnt work out so we went with something different. could not disagree more.

Trade away a high 2nd and a high 4th, get back a 6th and maybe another 6th? Let's do that every year...

Trade away a high 2nd and a high 4th, get back a 6th and maybe another 6th? Let's do that every year...

He didn't say it was a good pick, he said it wasn't the worst. My guess would be the Jason Taylor rental. A 2nd and a 6th for him being injured most of the season, then we release him and get nothing back.

One of the things I respect about Rome is that he's not afraid of asking the tough questions and he also wants to hear all sides of a story. Sports media can be so one-sided but Rome is an all around great interviewer. Sure, his show can be filled with very dry humor and Rome constantly stroking his own ego, but the guy is good.

And Romanowski ALWAYS tells it like it is.

Yeah, I've always liked Rome despite his self aggrandizing style. He really stands apart from the rest of the herd on ESPN, and that's a good thing. He's pretty fair and even handed with interviews for the most part. Kind of a dick, but at least he doesn't put on a nice guy act like most do.

Romanowski is certifiable....but he does know Shanahan so he's somewhat credible on this issue, especially when what he's saying is basically known throughout this forum already.

I think Romanowski was only a little bit off with the "lazy McNabb" comment. I don't think McNabb is lazy at all. I just think he didn't want to change his mechanics for what will probably be his last 3 years in football and this may have come across to some (including Bill apparently) as lazy. The Vikings are catering to Donovan's style of play while the Redskins wanted him to change his style of play for our system. It never would have worked. I hope he has success in Minny but I'm glad we are moving forward without him and I don't blame either side.

This is probably the most accurate. McNabb is not a lazy guy - from all accounts I've heard he works his ass off and has always been a great leader and the locker room loves him. That is why if you read the Washington Post article it mentions Romanowski saying Shanahan actually stuck by McNabb longer than he normally would have and skated around the issue because he didn't want to lose the locker room.

I don't think McNabb was lazy in the sense that he didn't come to work and gave his best effort - it's that the effort was misplaced and McNabb was trying to do his thing. McNabb wanted to do it his way and the Shanahans wanted him to do it their way and neither would budge.

Very true and this was said by the Shannys....DMac was entrenched in his ways and leeway given by Reid...sorry that a new regime asked you to tailor to their wants....see vomiting in the huddle at the SB...so was T.O. correct? perhaps.

Yeah TO was right. He's an ******* I'm sure but he's a perfectionist and probably expects 100% from everyone else too.

Archived