Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Rome Show: Bill Romanowski on McNabb, Haynesworth

Hitman21ST

I was listening to Jim Rome on the radio today (for lack of better options), and he was recapping his show yesterday and brought up an interview he had with Bill Romanowski (Romo sits to pee for short).

Romo sits to pee played for Shanahan in Denver, so he has a personal insight.

Rome: "Why isn't McNabb in Washington this year?"

Romo sits to pee: "McNabb was either too dumb to learn the system, or too lazy to put in the work. I don't think he's dumb. Shanahan can't stand laziness on his team, and I think McNabb was just too lazy to put in the work necessary"

Rome: "What about Haynesworth, why was he such a failure?"

(and here's where it gets awesome)

Romo sits to pee: "Haynesworth is on his last chance in New England. In Washington, he got paid way too much and became a *****."

Now, I don't make a habit of listening to Rome, but this right here made it worth it today. I literally started clapping when he made those comments about McNabb and Haynesworth.

:beavisnbutthead:

Im surprised by the McNabb comments. My impression of him before the season began last year, was he was this workout warrior that worked harder then anyone. Even the media somewhat believed in the Mcnabb/Redskin partnership when he voiced his feelings towards the Eagle's for trading him in the locker room after we beat them in Philly.

The lazy comment is the first one Ive heard of Mcnabb during his entire career from what I can remember.

The lazy comment is the first one Ive heard of Mcnabb during his entire career from what I can remember.

I think Romanowski was only a little bit off with the "lazy McNabb" comment. I don't think McNabb is lazy at all. I just think he didn't want to change his mechanics for what will probably be his last 3 years in football and this may have come across to some (including Bill apparently) as lazy. The Vikings are catering to Donovan's style of play while the Redskins wanted him to change his style of play for our system. It never would have worked. I hope he has success in Minny but I'm glad we are moving forward without him and I don't blame either side.

Its long been rumored that McNabb is lazy and doesn't like to put the work in. When he was young he make up for that with his athleticism now he can't. If he has success with the Vikings it'll be because of Bill Musgrave running a system close to what McNabb ran in Philly.

Im surprised by the McNabb comments. My impression of him before the season began last year, was he was this workout warrior that worked harder then anyone. Even the media somewhat believed in the Mcnabb/Redskin partnership when he voiced his feelings towards the Eagle's for trading him in the locker room after we beat them in Philly.

You can be a workout warrior and still be lazy in other respects.

I don't believe it is laziness but I've read commentary from Jaworski and others saying the knock against McNabb is that he doesn't practice or play with a sense of urgency. He saunters up to the line and takes his time. I think Shanahan wanted him to pick up the tempo and play with pace.

I find it a little hard to get excited when a sports reporter actually does their job.

This is what journalism is supposed to be. It only stands out because most mainstream media reporters are soulless trolls.

One of the things I respect about Rome is that he's not afraid of asking the tough questions and he also wants to hear all sides of a story. Sports media can be so one-sided but Rome is an all around great interviewer. Sure, his show can be filled with very dry humor and Rome constantly stroking his own ego, but the guy is good.

And Romanowski ALWAYS tells it like it is.

Mike Shanahan wanted McNabb. And he made it happen, against internal voices. It was a bad decision for him and he quickly moved away from it. Both acts, the acquisition and the conclusion, take autonomy and power to pull off. The move was probably the most disastrous move the Redskins have made in a decade. I don't consider the acquisition of Haynesworth a disaster as he played pretty well his first year. While a mistake to implement a system where your highest paid guy really won't ever be designed to make an impact, it was just bad timing more than anything else. I'm just glad that it was Shanahan who made the McNabb move, as this board would be out of control perpetually had it actually been Snyder who made the signing and Vinny who made the trade :).

Archived