Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins interested in Matt Leinart

RedskinsFanInTX

Doesn't Shanny know it is 2011??? He is bringing all the rookie QB's you loved in the draft years ago........... this is not looking good

Well...we did start last season with the 90s all stars at HB.

And Joey galloway.

On the other hand, all are gone now. Why not give Leinhart a shot in camp?

I watched a game once between the Cardinals and Rams. Kurt Warner got the Cards up to a 28-0 halftime lead before leaving the game with an injury. With Leinart under center in the 2nd half the offense completely shut down and they damn near lost the game. If they want to give him a look, I will yield to the superior football knowledge of Shanahan but we have to keep him on a very short leash. If he plays like he did in that Rams game, he needs to be cut immediately.

I would be more excited about Matt Leinart starting for us then John Beck but not by much

As much as I hate the idea of John Beck starting for the Skins, (and I hate it A LOT) I would be even more pissed if Leinart was starting.

Leinart is what I call a "celebrity of failure" and randomly plugging him into our offense as a starter would just make us look even sillier than usual.

(A picture of Beck lying on the field unconscious on the cover of Mormon Magazine is way better than an overweight/shirtless Leinart in Entertainment Weekly with the caption "0-16".)

Matt Leinart has shown nothing as an NFL QB thus far. I always thought that had he came out after his junior year when he won the Heisman trophy, he would have been the top player selected in the draft the very next year and most likely would have flourished right away in the NFL. He opted to stay at USC for his SR. year and I think it hurt him because although he was a top ten pick, he never outdid Kurt Warner. There's been reports of Leinart reporting to practice late after nights of partying.

I hope Mike Shanahan knows what he's doing here. Maybe Leinart can turn his career around as a Redskin.

I am ok with this move. If the money isn't expensive, it's really a no lose situation. If Kyle and Mike feel that they can get a lot out of him, then go for it. Leinart has a beautiful throwing motion. If he comes into camp serious and puts in the film time and learns pretty quickly then keep him around. If he comes in and doesn't make the most of it, cut him in preseason. There really isn't a downside here.

---------- Post added July-27th-2011 at 08:23 AM ----------

Article was posted last night at 7:30. LL56 last tweet about him was about 3 AM this morning. I don't think it's a done deal that he signs with Seattle yet.

I'm of the opinion that Leinart will never become an NFL QB, but then again nobody pays me millions for my football knowledge :ols:...

So if we do end up signing him, I hope it's in a way that allows us to cut him asap if needed without any real financial ramifications. If so, then bring on Leinart and let's see what Shanahan can do with the guy, if anything....it's apparent that Shanny is considering stockpiling failed QBs in hopes that one of them might still end up panning out (Grossman, Beck, maybe Leinart...even brought in Russell).

I watched a game once between the Cardinals and Rams. Kurt Warner got the Cards up to a 28-0 halftime lead before leaving the game with an injury. With Leinart under center in the 2nd half the offense completely shut down and they damn near lost the game. If they want to give him a look, I will yield to the superior football knowledge of Shanahan but we have to keep him on a very short leash. If he plays like he did in that Rams game, he needs to be cut immediately.

Sounds like the Texans game with McNabb when we were up by 17 and did lose!

Maybe the "Tanking for Luck" rumors are for real after all :(

If we are going to suck this year, might as well do it so you can get one of those potential bluechip Franchise QBs coming out in 2012 and other pieces for the future. Why push to be at best 7-9 this year? Moral Victories still equal another Mediocre season. :rolleyes:

Archived