Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins interested in Matt Leinart

RedskinsFanInTX

Now another quarterback has been linked to the Redskins. ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that the Redskins have entered the bidding for Matt Leinart and that the former USC star is weighing offers from Washington and the Seattle Seahawks. Seattle just signed Tavaris Jackson, and there were reports that Leinart was on his way there as well. Turns out that’s not a done deal yet.

LINK

I would puke if this happened.

Leinart had the opportunity and couldn't do half the job Warner did with Fitz, Boldin, Breaston, etc.

With our porous oline it's not like he would do much better here which is terrible.

Maybe the "Tanking for Luck" rumors are for real after all :(

I think as a fan base this year we really need to have realistic expectations, and go into it with the mindset of the Wizards and Nationals. WE WILL NOT BE GOOD THIS YEAR. Our franchise quarterback will be drafted in 2012. Of course, this wont stop me from rooting for my Skins every Sunday, i just am preparing for a very ugly season, and thinking of the bright future that our front office is trying to get us to.

I think as a fan base this year we really need to have realistic expectations, and go into it with the mindset of the Wizards and Nationals. WE WILL NOT BE GOOD THIS YEAR. Our franchise quarterback will be drafted in 2012. Of course, this wont stop me from rooting for my Skins every Sunday, i just am preparing for a very ugly season, and thinking of the bright future that our front office is trying to get us to.

Ain't this the truth. This year is going to be rough.

The problem is that despite expecting a terrible season, we still flip out on Sunday's when we lose

I would puke if this happened.

Leinart had the opportunity and couldn't do half the job Warner did with Fitz, Boldin, Breaston, etc.

With our porous oline it's not like he would do much better here which is terrible.

I'm not advocating the move, but Matt lost the job to a hall of famer who regained his form in Kurt Warner. After Warner retired Matt was penciled as the starter. In the preseason he put up a passer rating of over 100 and completed 70% of his passes in the preseason. Still Derek Anderson was promoted ahead of him.

Leinart was immature and ****ed in the media which led to his release.

Many people in AZ were up in arms that Leinart didn't get to keep the job after he outplayed the competition in preseason. It's hard to say what Leinart would have done during the regular season, but I'd wager he'd do better than Derek Anderson's 60 some QB rating.

In general I don't think individual talent difference between QBs are as wide as people like to think.

For me QB success is as much about situation, scheme, surrounding talent, coaching and playcalling as it as about the actual QB.

If we can get better play from the OL specifically LT/RT spot; any QB should want to play in Kyle's offense.

I still have faith that Mike/Kyle know how to coach the QB position (even re-tread QBs).

And I fully expect whichever QB they pick to have a Ryan Fitzpatirck-esque season.

We're going to need a 3rd string qb. Since we didn't land one in the draft or a quality UFDA (Tolzein), I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Leinart, as long as we don't break the bank. If we bring in a qb who can start (Orton, Hasselback, Kolb), then I think we'll probably overspend. Between Leinart and Vince Young, I'd lean toward Leinart. Young and Shanahan seem like a very bad match.

I don't see the big deal here. We need to sign some QBs. Leinart was once considered a good prospect. I have no problem bringing him in, particularly since he's not that expensive.

Personally, I don't expect much from the move, but it is always possible that he finally lives up to his promise in the right system.

I'm not advocating the move, but Matt lost the job to a hall of famer who regained his form in Kurt Warner. After Warner retired Matt was penciled as the starter. In the preseason he put up a passer rating of over 100 and completed 70% of his passes in the preseason. Still Derek Anderson was promoted ahead of him.

Leinart was immature and ****ed in the media which led to his release.

Many people in AZ were up in arms that Leinart didn't get to keep the job after he outplayed the competition in preseason. It's hard to say what Leinart would have done during the regular season, but I'd wager he'd do better than Derek Anderson's 60 some QB rating.

The voice of reason. What has he done wrong in recent years? He looked VERY good last preseason.

Archived