Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins interested in Matt Leinart

RedskinsFanInTX

I'm not advocating the move, but Matt lost the job to a hall of famer who regained his form in Kurt Warner. After Warner retired Matt was penciled as the starter. In the preseason he put up a passer rating of over 100 and completed 70% of his passes in the preseason. Still Derek Anderson was promoted ahead of him.

Leinart was immature and ****ed in the media which led to his release.

Many people in AZ were up in arms that Leinart didn't get to keep the job after he outplayed the competition in preseason. It's hard to say what Leinart would have done during the regular season, but I'd wager he'd do better than Derek Anderson's 60 some QB rating.

First sensible post I've run across. Leinart is not that bad really.

Sounds like Seattle fell through and he's going back to Houston as a backup.

However, I wouldn't mind it if he came here. Bring him in on a one-year deal and see what he does at camp. If he doesn't make the roster, no harm done. Leinart isn't that good, but he was never as bad as Rex Grossman when both were at their worst. I don't see much that Kellen Clemens has done better than Leinart, and for that matter, John Beck. I don't understand people's rationale that Beck>Leinart because we know Leinart sucks, but Beck has only kind of sucked, but we aren't officially sure yet. Shanahan gave both Leinart and Beck high grades coming out of college, let them all compete.

Archived