Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins interested in Matt Leinart

RedskinsFanInTX

I'm not advocating the move, but Matt lost the job to a hall of famer who regained his form in Kurt Warner. After Warner retired Matt was penciled as the starter. In the preseason he put up a passer rating of over 100 and completed 70% of his passes in the preseason. Still Derek Anderson was promoted ahead of him.

Leinart was immature and ****ed in the media which led to his release.

Many people in AZ were up in arms that Leinart didn't get to keep the job after he outplayed the competition in preseason. It's hard to say what Leinart would have done during the regular season, but I'd wager he'd do better than Derek Anderson's 60 some QB rating.

I'm sure we are the minority, but I agree with this.

Leinart does have the ability to be a very good QB.

If you ran a whole season with Grossman, then with Beck, then with Leinart, I think Leinart will ultimately win you the most games.

Some can now relax knowing that John Beck or Rex Grossman will start for us (a Montana-Young combo if you ask me).

Grossman isn't even re-signed yet... don't forget that.

If I were Jerry Jones.. I would come offer Grossman 1.5 mil to be a back-up there just to totally screw us.

I think as a fan base this year we really need to have realistic expectations, and go into it with the mindset of the Wizards and Nationals. WE WILL NOT BE GOOD THIS YEAR.

Oh, so we should start thinking this way NOW?

I've already been in this mode for a while now. Glad some of you are attempting to catch up.

Given it does not appear we're going to have a legitimate, proven, GOOD starting QB to open the season, we're talking about what is the best choice for a reserve player with potential to step in should things not work out.

No one here is overly excited with Beck, save the staff.

No one here is overly excited with Grossman, but we have seen what he can do and though he'll generate a lot of mistakes, he can move the team somewhat.

No one here would be excited about Leinart or Jenkins, but, of the two, I'd prefer Leinart who should have a bit more upside and already has familiarity with the offense. Obviously if Beck doesn't step up for us, we're going to struggle. Grossman can QB a team in the Super Bowl, but he can't LEAD one there, and it's not likely our defense will be strong enough to do it for him. Leinart is young enough and though he appears to royally suck, maybe he finds magic and the talent people liked in him a few years ago :).

Is he with Seattle or not. I'm heaing he is then I see tweets that he's still mulling a decision. I check out his twitter page and as of 12 hours ago he said that he has not signed/or agree to term with Seattle. But, yet I hear that he has..... What's the deal man. You acting like that Bret guy....

No thanks. I think I'd rather have Pryor.

I agree with this. At least the guy has athleticism.

OK, Leinart is gone but I'd still take a look at Pryor, I mean Beck, Grossman and Clemens?

Beck, Grossman and Clemens?

No seriously, Beck, Grossman and Clemens? For 16 games next year?

Seriously?

Given it does not appear we're going to have a legitimate, proven, GOOD starting QB to open the season, we're talking about what is the best choice for a reserve player with potential to step in should things not work out.

No one here is overly excited with Beck, save the staff.

No one here is overly excited with Grossman, but we have seen what he can do and though he'll generate a lot of mistakes, he can move the team somewhat.

No one here would be excited about Leinart or Jenkins, but, of the two, I'd prefer Leinart who should have a bit more upside and already has familiarity with the offense. Obviously if Beck doesn't step up for us, we're going to struggle. Grossman can QB a team in the Super Bowl, but he can't LEAD one there, and it's not likely our defense will be strong enough to do it for him. Leinart is young enough and though he appears to royally suck, maybe he finds magic and the talent people liked in him a few years ago :).

Right there with you brother. Think Matt coming here would be only a good thing, low risk high reward move. Hope the rumors aren't true he's going to Seattle. Anything official about that released?

Of the moves so far, this is one I wouldn't like. Leinart had plenty of opportunity to seize the job in Arizona, but couldn't do it. Plus, he's a poor fit for our system. Kyle's and Mike's offenses are predicated on strong arm strength and athleticism. Leinart has neither.

Edit: just saw the Schefter update. :)

Archived