Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the Bengals front office care about the team?

Backpack3r

If you want whats best for your team, you would trade Carson Palmer. If you want to "win" in your personal battle against Carson Palmer, then yes, you would be stubborn and not trade him.

I guess they dont care about the team or its future. Not to mention they for some reason still have Marvin Lewis as head coach. Yes, you read that right. Marvin Lewis is STILL the head coach of the Bengals.

To be fair if they caved on Palmer and traded him there would be potentially others just as keen to get out of Cincy. I can understand why they held their ground. Still they would have got at least a 2nd for him.

I dont understand at all why they held their ground, doesnt make sense at all for the team.

They are still making money, not paying Marvin Lewis very much, and they don't care about winning that much.

Lol yeah its obvious they dont care about winning. Its pretty pathetic. There are a lot of bad teams, but it sucks to watch a team that doesnt care at all about getting better.

Do you really think they don't care if they win or lose?

They are consistently WAAAAY under the (old) cap. How can you honestly say you're "trying" to win when you are $30-40 million under the salary cap? You obviously aren't maximizing your team's talent like you could. They lucked into Palmer, he got injured, and they were ****ed. They do what they have to to try to be marginally competitive, but that team will NEVER be anything. Maybe they'll be forced to be a winner with these new 90% rules (in terms of salary spending under the cap). But I also wouldn't be surprised if one of the three teams that will be for sale after this new CBA (according to rumors) are the Bengals.

They have a GM that can barely put a sentence together on camera, and a perennially poor team. We have a losing franchise right now, but at least its not for lack of trying. The Bengals are a joke.

Do you really think they don't care if they win or lose?

I think they prefer to win, but don't care enough to do much about it. That's why they have a perma-coach and as the other poster said, they never fill their cap space. They just pocket the dough and life is good.

They are doing what they feel they need to do. I really can't argue with what they are doing because I am in favor of sitting fat ass on the bench all year. It's basically the same thing.

We have been trying to trade him though.

The bengals are too stubborn to listen to any offers.

To be fair if they caved on Palmer and traded him there would be potentially others just as keen to get out of Cincy. I can understand why they held their ground. Still they would have got at least a 2nd for him.
Why is that a bad thing? If a player doesn't want to play for your team anymore and you can get good value for him in a trade, what's the downside?

Why is that a bad thing? If a player doesn't want to play for your team anymore and you can get good value for him in a trade, what's the downside?

The downside is that there could be a mass exodus of players wanting to leave. I do understand why Mike Brown is doing this. Do I agree, not really, but I do understand.

They are doing what they feel they need to do. I really can't argue with what they are doing because I am in favor of sitting fat ass on the bench all year. It's basically the same thing.

Different situation. Palmer wants to go to a better organization. He never pouted about the offense, took plays off or took a dump between conditioning stints. Palmer hasn't been in trouble with the law. Fatass wanted a payday. VERY different situations.

I am really bummed that he's going to retire. He's under contract I think for 4 more years which means that his career is likely over. When he was healthy, before that horrible injury in the playoffs, the guy was a VERY good QB. I liked watching him play, he's a classy guy and did well to deal with the likes of Chad Johnson, TO and Cedric Benson without ever saying anything.

I'm personally going to miss seeing him play, I always kind of wondered whether or not he'd come back up to that level of a player on a different team and when completely healthy.

I am really bummed that he's going to retire. He's under contract I think for 4 more years which means that his career is likely over. When he was healthy, before that horrible injury in the playoffs, the guy was a VERY good QB. I liked watching him play, he's a classy guy and did well to deal with the likes of Chad Johnson, TO and Cedric Benson without ever saying anything.

I'm personally going to miss seeing him play, I always kind of wondered whether or not he'd come back up to that level of a player on a different team and when completely healthy.

From the coverage ESPN has been recycling all day, Carson will miss this season pay back some money and be a free agent in March 2012.

I don't see him playing much after that. His performance has been steadily declining for some time. If he's lucky he'll be backing up somebody for until 2014. It's too bad his career was doomed from the day he was drafted.:(

Mike Brown cares about making a profit and nothing more.

Actually, the Bengals 2 recent playoff seasons probably angered him because it meant he had to pay out more money to fool people.

Mike Brown prefers the team never goes beyond 8-8, so he can give locals false hope.

He will never sell the team. Eventually the Browns will turn things around the Bengals will be in last place where they belong.

---------- Post added July-27th-2011 at 12:46 AM ----------

Mike Brown does that with any player wanting to leave Cincy. Next year, should Carson unretire; then Cincy may trade him but what will they get for a player who sat out a year with declining skills?

Mike Brown knows that if he doesn't play he has to pay back some money. Read that over and over again until you understand why it explains what Mike Brown is doing. He can't retire and come back because Cincy would own his rights.

Palmer should have played this better but he's too brain washed to be the distraction now. He should show up to camp in a "Mike Brown sucks" t-shirt. He should do every interview in a t-shirt similar to that. He should change his last name to El Cheapo in honor of the owner.

Archived